I got to see exactly one play

dib

on a highlight show.  What I'd like to know is who blew the block that allowed the patriot to come in, strip Bledsoe and steal the game?

56236[/snapback]

Who blew the block? The guy who decided not to send in a playcall that involved Henry, NOT BLEDSOE, running the ball - that's who.

on a highlight show. What I'd like to know is who blew the block that allowed the patriot to come in, strip Bledsoe and steal the game?

Tarvis Henry went the wrong way on that play. By the way Valu Hardware is selling Travis Henry poster this week for $5.00. How many do you want!

on a highlight show.  What I'd like to know is who blew the block that allowed the patriot to come in, strip Bledsoe and steal the game?

56236[/snapback]

The Pat LB is allowed to come in on that play, due to a pulling guard. On the actual run play that the bootleg was based off of (which worked all day long), the Pats LB was attacking the HB (Henry) and leaving the QB free. The problem that happened was that Henry ran the fake to the wrong side like an idiot, which busted the play before it got started.

I still can't figure this one out.

So the call is a QB bootleg to the left. Leaving the utter hilarity of the call aside for a moment, I noticed four things:

1. The right guard (Villarial), who was situated right over the blitzing Bruschi, pulled immediately to the right.

2. The center (Tucker) blocked down to the left.

3. The right tackle (Williams) just kind of did his usual thing with the defensive end in front of him, whatever that usually is.

4. Henry immediately ran to the left.

Now, one thing I am not sure of is if Henry ran to the left in order to block someone, because one of the Buff News stories today (Gaughan?) mentioned that someone was coming in on the left of Bledsoe, who would have disrupted the play anyway. I certainly would have expected Henry to take the blitzing gentleman directly in front of him, but maybe that's just me.

The other thing I'm not sure of is why Villarial was pulling out to the RIGHT. What is that all about? Was this designed, or a screw up on someone's part?

So this is a play that is, by design, leaving a gaping hole between the center and right tackle, a hole which must have appeared dangerous to anyone lining up before the snap, since there was a linebacker ready to sprint his ass right into that hole. And this is on a designed QB bootleg which, undoubtedly, is going to take an eternity to run given the primary ball carrier.

So who blew it? Who knows. Probably Henry, but I'm getting the impression that there were at least three or four guys out there who really didn't know what the play was supposed to be.

I put this one completely on the coaches.

After all, when you take a timeout to think things over, and the game is clearly on the line, and you not only come up with an incredibly boneheaded play call, but one that clearly shows the lack of preparation and discipline on the part of the players, then I blame the guys who were calling the shots.

Does anyone here doubt that if Bledsoe were still the Pats QB, that Belichick would have even considered calling that play? And if he did somehow have a stroke right before the play and told his team to run it, that they would have been completely unprepared to run it or execute it? Or to recognize that a big ol' blitz was coming that was gonna wreak havoc on it?

I don't.

So the call is a QB bootleg to the left. Leaving the utter hilarity of the call aside for a moment, I noticed four things:

1. The right guard (Villarial), who was situated right over the blitzing Bruschi, pulled immediately to the right.

3. The right tackle (Williams) just kind of did his usual thing with the defensive end in front of him, whatever that usually is.

Now, one thing I am not sure of is if Henry ran to the left in order to block someone, because one of the Buff News stories today (Gaughan?) mentioned that someone was coming in on the left of Bledsoe, who would have disrupted the play anyway. I certainly would have expected Henry to take the blitzing gentleman directly in front of him, but maybe that's just me.

The other thing I'm not sure of is why Villarial was pulling out to the RIGHT. What is that all about? Was this designed, or a screw up on someone's part?

So this is a play that is, by design, leaving a gaping hole between the center and right tackle, a hole which must have appeared dangerous to anyone lining up before the snap, since there was a linebacker ready to sprint his ass right into that hole. And this is on a designed QB bootleg which, undoubtedly, is going to take an eternity to run given the primary ball carrier.

So who blew it? Who knows. Probably Henry, but I'm getting the impression that there were at least three or four guys out there who really didn't know what the play was supposed to be.

After all, when you take a timeout to think things over, and the game is clearly on the line, and you not only come up with an incredibly boneheaded play call, but one that clearly shows the lack of preparation and discipline on the part of the players, then I blame the guys who were calling the shots.

Does anyone here doubt that if Bledsoe were still the Pats QB, that Belichick would have even considered calling that play? And if he did somehow have a stroke right before the play and told his team to run it, that they would have been completely unprepared to run it or execute it? Or to recognize that a big ol' blitz was coming that was gonna wreak havoc on it?

I don't.

56316[/snapback]

"Leaving the utter hilarity of the call aside for a moment...."

Post of the YEAR.

I don't.

56316[/snapback]

If the LOLB was indeed coming on that play as you say, then yes it would have been blown up anyway. It may have been a bad call considering Jennings and Teague were out alrerady, and maybe they should have just told Henry they were going to run the scissors play between guard and tackle again :(

You only saw one play? Lucky bastard. I watched the whole game... :(

56347[/snapback]

No kidding! Right now I'm wishing that was the only thing I saw.

I don't.

56316[/snapback]

If rivals the Henry option pass against Miami last year as the most ridiculous play

called in the annals of the Buffalo Bills.

It was ill conceived, moronic in every aspect, and poorly executed to boot.

Shows that this coaching staff is operating at close to idiot level.

I don't.

56316[/snapback]

So what's the diagnosis ? One year of bedrest with twins and come back refreshed in 2005 ? :(

So what's the diagnosis ? One year of bedrest with twins and come back refreshed in 2005 ?  :angry:

56673[/snapback]

Sorry, man. There is, alas, no cure for stupidity. Pure, unbridled stupidity.

Sorry to have to be the one to break the news to you! :angry: There's always a lobotomy....