Colin Cowterd

seq004

Cowherd is brainless, unoriginal, and not funny.  He thinks he's funny, and he thinks he's doing a great job, but that only makes him come off 100x worse.

779406[/snapback]

But yet so many here comment on him, which makes me believe that a lot of people here who moan about him have their radios tuned in right on time to hang on every word he says.

I listened to him 4 times here and there and that was it. Was not funny and is a punk.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He tries sooo much to be Jim Rome with his speech inflections. I would listen more, but he has an agenda.

779439[/snapback]

And Jim Rome, who has his moments (good and bad) is, at the least, a terrific interviewer.

Something Cowturd only wishes he could be...and probably whines about.

13 points per game on offense does not mean we are good.  Our defense still has a huge question mark stopping the run.  It was a nice road win in a division game, but that's it.  Our starting QB has won 2 games in his career.  Why do people get so mad when media-types say the Bills are bad?  They have been one of the worst teams in the NFL over the last five years, lumped in with the Saints, Texans, Lions, and Cardinals.  What is so hard to understand?

A good team probably would've scored a TD after the blocked punt on Sunday and put the game away by going up 20-0.  Instead, the Bills were defending a 2-point conversion with two minutes left that would've made it a one possession game.  Just sayin.

779345[/snapback]

IMHO, I think that blocked punt should have been returned for a TD by Davis. It had some weird spin on it, but Andre lifted his head up as he was trying to pick the ball up, to see if there were any defenders around him. I was a little frustrated that we had two balls on the ground that didn't go the way they should have.

First of all you have the blocked punt that should have went for a TD. Then, on the first Dolphins possesion of the game, C-Pepp fumbled and Triplett had a chance to fall on the ball, but he didn't react early enough and attempted to fall on the ball only after a MIA player (Vernon Carry) came from behind him to make an attempt at getting the ball. Carry wanted the ball more and he got it. That fumble recovery early in the game was similar to how the game started against NE, and it would have put the Bills in position to come out of there with at least a FG, an early lead on the road, and momentum.

There were at least 7 points that we left on the field. A good football team would not have left those points on the field. We need to earn our respect and after 2 games and 2 good outings, we are not yet a good football team, but we have earned the respect of our fans, ourselves, opponents, and some of the media. We have to remain consistent in order to be considered good.

But yet so many here comment on him, which makes me believe that a lot of people here who moan about him have their radios tuned in right on time to hang on every word he says.

I listened to him 4 times here and there and that was it.  Was not funny and is a punk.

779435[/snapback]

WGR gives us two hours of him a day. So if I'm listening to Howard Simon and Jeremy White in the morning, their show ends at 10am. Then, if I don't get to the radio fast enough, I always end up catching the first few minutes of the Cowherd show. I can listen to almost anything in the background when I'm working but Cowherd can't make it five minutes before I change the channel or turn the radio off. He's that bad.

At least once a week I inadvertantly end up catching a few minutes of his show and it's always terrible.

IMHO, I think that blocked punt should have been returned for a TD by Davis.  It had some weird spin on it, but Andre lifted his head up as he was trying to pick the ball up, to see if there were any defenders around him.  I was a little frustrated that we had two balls on the ground that didn't go the way they should have. 

First of all you have the blocked punt that should have went for a TD.  Then, on the first Dolphins possesion of the game, C-Pepp fumbled and Triplett had a chance to fall on the ball, but he didn't react early enough and attempted to fall on the ball only after a MIA player (Vernon Carry) came from behind him to make an attempt at getting the ball.  Carry wanted the ball more and he got it.  That fumble recovery early in the game was similar to how the game started against NE, and it would have put the Bills in position to come out of there with at least a FG, an early lead on the road, and momentum. 

There were at least 7 points that we left on the field.  A good football team would not have left those points on the field.  We need to earn our respect and after 2 games and 2 good outings, we are not yet a good football team, but we have earned the respect of our fans, ourselves, opponents, and some of the media.  We have to remain consistent in order to be considered good.

779456[/snapback]

Beating the Jests by 20 would be another step in the right direction.

BLAST THE JETS

13 points per game on offense does not mean we are good.  Our defense still has a huge question mark stopping the run.  It was a nice road win in a division game, but that's it.  Our starting QB has won 2 games in his career.  Why do people get so mad when media-types say the Bills are bad?  They have been one of the worst teams in the NFL over the last five years, lumped in with the Saints, Texans, Lions, and Cardinals.  What is so hard to understand?

A good team probably would've scored a TD after the blocked punt on Sunday and put the game away by going up 20-0.  Instead, the Bills were defending a 2-point conversion with two minutes left that would've made it a one possession game.  Just sayin.

779345[/snapback]

A good team like the NE patriots were up 24-0 against the Jets and also botched a FG attempt and still ended up winning 24-17. Bottom line is NFL has 3-4 very good teams and 3-4 very bad teams....The rest of the 20-25 teams are all average and on any given Sunday any of them can win the games. The ones that can consistently pull of the 3-5 point wins go to the playoffs.

A good team like the NE patriots were up 24-0 against the Jets and also botched a FG attempt and still ended up winning 24-17.  Bottom line is NFL has 3-4 very good teams and 3-4 very bad teams....The rest of the 20-25 teams are all average and on any given Sunday any of them can win the games.   The ones that can consistently pull of the 3-5 point wins go to the playoffs.

779475[/snapback]

You're leaving out a VERY important aspect. The Jets closed to within 7 points with 9:26 left in the 4th quarter. The Patriots, seemingly crumbling, proceeded to go on an 8 minute drive, taking the ball from their own 30 to the Jets 12, converting three 3rd & 5's and one 3rd & 7 along the way. Only when they got to the 12-yard line with 1:12 left in the game did they get the FG blocked.

That's what a good team does to win a game. Do you see the Bills converting four 3rd downs to go on a 8-minute, 58-yard drive to salt away a win? After giving up 17 straight points? Didn't think so.

NE vs. NYJ drive charts

The best way to handle this--if you care to bother--is to keep good records of the stupid things he says. Then, if the Bills have a great season, you can own him with his own words. If you call him on it now, you risk looking silly if the Bills don't keep up this good play.

At the same time, I don't mind it when people diss the Bills generally, but I do mind when they do it when they lack any knowledge on the subject. Any of the detractors of the Bills who actually watched the 2 games have come out saying that the Bills are much better than they thought. The lazy commentators who are just repeating the meme that Bills Bad, Dolphins Good have put so much faith in it that they just can't accept that they were wrong since they didn't even see the game and assume that the Dolphins just haven't been playing up to their talent.

I stop listening to sports talk for the most part, but especially to this guy. He has "instincts" which means that he gets a small piece of information and then runs with some overly generalized rant with little support. Any further information he has on the subject he just spins as supporting his original, ill-informed theory.

You're leaving out a VERY important aspect.  The Jets closed to within 7 points with 9:26 left in the 4th quarter.  The Patriots, seemingly crumbling, proceeded to go on an 8 minute drive, taking the ball from their own 30 to the Jets 12, converting three 3rd & 5's and one 3rd & 7 along the way.  Only when they got to the 12-yard line with 1:12 left in the game did they get the FG blocked.

That's what a good team does to win a game.  Do you see the Bills converting four 3rd downs to go on a 8-minute, 58-yard drive to salt away a win?  After giving up 17 straight points?  Didn't think so.

NE vs. NYJ drive charts

779486[/snapback]

I'd hope the toilets could do that with BB and TB. Our team on the other hand is young and needs to learn how to do that.

So quit the hating.

But Colin Cowherd has the guts to say what other talk show hosts won't.

Colin Cowherd is an expert on simple-minded sports/life metaphors.

Colin Cowherd is the best radio talk show host on the planet.

Colin Cowherd can't get enough of all this talk about Colin Cowherd.

Sincerely,

Colin Cowherd

ps. dont forget to listen to colin cowherd talk more about colin cowherd tomorrow in the herd with colin cowherd.

I'd hope the toilets could do that with BB and TB. Our team on the other hand is young and needs to learn how to do that.

So quit the hating.

779490[/snapback]

No hate, no hate. <_<

I agree, learning how to do that is the hardest part. Willis picking up 4 or 5 yards in the 4th quarter when all 11 guys on the other side of the ball know he is going to get it...That is the hardest part. The good teams do it, and right now the Bills don't. But they're young and figuring it out. They've been losing games for so long, it takes a full-blown mentality shift to figure out how to win. I like the progress so far and I do see them getting to the point where they consistently salt away wins...And sooner rather than later.

I was just playing a little devil's advocate for the folks who get mad when the media says the Bills are bad. Obviously we all think otherwise, but looking at the Bills as a fan of any other team, I'd say they were bad too.

Do you see the Bills converting four 3rd downs to go on a 8-minute, 58-yard drive to salt away a win?  After giving up 17 straight points?  Didn't think so.

779486[/snapback]

Maybe not after giving up 17 points, but we were at least able to run 5:00 off the clock when we got the ball up 16-0 in the 4th with 9:49 left. Which included a nice conversion of 3rd and 7. And a near conversion of 3rd and 14.

Maybe not after giving up 17 points, but we were at least able to run 5:00 off the clock when we got the ball up 16-0 in the 4th with 9:49 left. Which included a nice conversion of 3rd and 7. And a near conversion of 3rd and 14.

779584[/snapback]

They're definitely on the right track. When your team is running the ball with a lead in the 4th quarter, even though the entire other team knows it's coming, goddam that's a beautiful thing.

Cowterd show sucks. He fits right in on WGR. Worst sports station in the country.

779961[/snapback]

How many sports stations nationwide have you listened to? I've listened to guys in Austin and San Antonio the past few years and they're WAY worse than anything bad you hear on WGR.

Although, having every personality on WGR tow the company line about the new Sabres (ugly) uniforms makes me doubt their credibility. Mike Schoop spent about an hour today trying to convince me that the new Sabres logo has a hidden sabre on the left side and a hidden B on the right side. And people who don't like it hate logos that "make you think." Then he added that he doesn't mean to be condenscending, which is the same thing as saying "Yes, I am being condescending." The reacharounds they've been giving Larry Quinn all summer are embarassing.

How many sports stations nationwide have you listened to?  I've listened to guys in Austin and San Antonio the past few years and they're WAY worse than anything bad you hear on WGR.

Although, having every personality on WGR tow the company line about the new Sabres (ugly) uniforms makes me doubt their credibility.  Mike Schoop spent about an hour today trying to convince me that the new Sabres logo has a hidden sabre on the left side and a hidden B on the right side.  And people who don't like it hate logos that "make you think."  Then he added that he doesn't mean to be condenscending, which is the same thing as saying "Yes, I am being condescending."  The reacharounds they've been giving Larry Quinn all summer are embarassing.

779977[/snapback]

Well, I travel a lot for work so I do get to hear plenty of stations

around the country on GR is as bad as it gets. Some stations come close but GR sucks for so many reasons. Good point on the Quinn ass kissing. How that marblemouth Bulldog still has a job is beyond me.

And people who don't like it hate logos that "make you think."

You know what that logo makes me think?

"Damn, that's an ugly logo!"

<_<

This, from the guy who (long time ago, still on WNSA) once spent his fifteen-minute opening trying to convince the listening public Hasek should have the captain's C. Mercifully, his producer (Cichon, maybe?) finally pointed out the obvious:

Goalies aren't ALLOWED to be captains. Look it up BEFORE you go on the air next time, Mensa.