A Few Quick Thoughts On The Game

Bill from NYC

I sure hope we reclaim the Ralph as 'our house' again this season. Seems like it hasn't translated into much of an advantage over the past couple years, but there is A LOT for us to be excited about with these youngsters....I hope we knock the Jets on their asses next week  0:)

777637[/snapback]

The way to beat the jests is the way to beat the dolphins.....exploit the offensive line. Ferguson will probably great, but this is his 3rd game. The same applies to Mangold.

Our DEs, especially Schobel, should be able to put their talent and experience to use, and take advantages of mis-matches.

Again I must state that Triplett had an awesome game. There is no reason to believe that he will not be putting big time pressure on Pennington up the middle. Last season, we simply were not getting much pass rush from the DTs imo, except once in a while when Adams would correctly anticipate the snap count.

Pennington has a weak arm, and we have speedy corners. I am looking for at least 2 or 3 picks.

The jests have a decent front 7, and we need a good performance from our OL. A good running game would take pressure off of JP; nothing new there.

Bills - 28

Jests - 13

Jauron is on record multiple times stating that he is going to be "forcibly patient" with JP. To me, that does not mean he's goign to let JP go ape-sh-- every game and just be patient until he gets it right. It means that he's going to minimize the impact JP will have on the game and slowly put more and more responsibility on his shoulders.

777573[/snapback]

Sadly, this should have been the blueprint last season.....Unfortunately Mularkey and Clements just rode the co-tails of Moulds/Milloy etc and instead of questioning their performance on the field put all the pressure on the young QB.

Sadly, this should have been the blueprint last season.....Unfortunately Mularkey and Clements just rode the co-tails of Moulds/Milloy etc and instead of questioning their performance on the field put all the pressure on the young QB.

777675[/snapback]

yep, it definitely should have.....and again, I know it's only two games, but you just get the sense that Levy and Jauron have a plan and know how to implement it. They seem to be very clear on what needs to be accomplished, and then they go out and do it. I'm really impressed with how this team is being run right now.

yep, it definitely should have.....and again, I know it's only two games, but you just get the sense that Levy and Jauron have a plan and know how to implement it. They seem to be very clear on what needs to be accomplished, and then they go out and do it. I'm really impressed with how this team is being run right now.

777685[/snapback]

It's called maturity at the top. Troy Vincent even said as much last week, when he spoke of Meathead not really knowing who he was as a HC and trying at times to emulate a tough guy like Cowher; it wasn't genuine and the players could tell. Marv and Dick, on the other hand, are self-assured and don't care what anyone else thinks; they're not trying to impress anybody. They devised a plan and are going to see it through.

If the last two weeks are a sign of anything, it's that the players are buying in.

I thought JP was outstanding...especially after starting 1 for 6, he came out and

managed the game perfectly.  I wish they introduce the TEs in the game plan a little more....1 catch for 3 yards from our TE position will not cut it.

I just find it funny that the Losman haters need to grasp at reasons to denigrate his performance yesterday.

And as for the TE's, without rewatching my DVR recording of the game, I'll assume the TE's were kept in to block.

I'm really surprised at this statement, Bill. Do you know for certain that the timeouts are the result of "poor concentration" by JP as opposed to delays with getting the play in from the sidelines?

It seems to me that Fairchild has been slow getting plays in at times, both in the last two games as well as throughout the preseason. The Bills have to get this ironed out as it has already cost us multiple penalties and time-outs in our first two division games.

I sure hope we reclaim the Ralph as 'our house' again this season. Seems like it hasn't translated into much of an advantage over the past couple years, but there is A LOT for us to be excited about with these youngsters....I hope we knock the Jets on their asses next week  :blush:

777637[/snapback]

I don't know, I think we need to look at our HFA in terms of how good the team has been. We had a chance at playing decent ball at the Ralph the last few years. When we played away we had no chance. Buffalo's desperate for a winner, when we start to win the Ralph will once again be one of the most difficult places to play in the NFL.