What We Can Work On:

Astrobot

1. We need beef for 3rd and 1's, on O and on D. Losman on a QB sneak looks iffy. We can't stop the beefy O-Lines with fast guys when they're going for 1 yard.

2. We still need work picking up blitzes. Bell got a sack when WM whiffed on his block.

3. Villy and Fowler each gave up a sack today that didn't have to be.

4. We gotta work on the Reed-Parrish pick play that resulted in the called back TD by RP.

5. Evans needs to read the hot route that all 10 other guys read.

6. We still miss tackles vs. the run.

While I'm grateful for the win, we need to play better vs. the Jets. Oh wait--they're losing 24-7. Never mind.

1. We need beef for 3rd and 1's, on O and on D. Losman on a QB sneak looks iffy. We can't stop the beefy O-Lines with fast guys when they're going for 1 yard.

2. We still need work picking up blitzes. Bell got a sack when WM whiffed on his block.

4. We gotta work on the Reed-Parrish pick play that resulted in the called back TD by RP.

While I'm grateful for the win, we need to play better vs. the Jets. Oh wait--they're losing 24-7. Never mind.

776780[/snapback]

And we need JP to have %90 completion percentage with a 150 QB rating and Willis to average 6 yards a run and then walk on water and then turn it into wine for the victory celebration as well....

And we need JP to have %90 completion percentage with a 150 QB rating and Willis to average 6 yards a run and then walk on water and then turn it into wine for the victory celebration as well....

i thought only teddy bruschi could do that.

i thought only teddy bruschi could do that.

776791[/snapback]

I'm sure it WOULD help us win if Willis could do that. :lol:

776780[/snapback]

Perhaps i should stay here in Buffalo this week after all.

They need to play for 60 minutes. They almost let Culpepper back into the game by going to sleep around minute 57.

776835[/snapback]

But we are not an elite team BUT we won on the road with a team full of rookies. I hate nickpickers in this situation for nobody is picking the Bills to win it all. Now if we were 2-0 or if we manged to be 5-1 and played with all the flaws we showed today then I would be more critical. But for this team who got shafted by the NFL by given them a questionable schedule by having them open in NE and then follow up in Miami after they had 10 days off ; for them to should have pulled out a victory in week one and pretty much shutdown Miami all on the road, I'm pretty impressed and any Bills fan should be as well. We can get picky when we are considered a threat and can get some national media attention; at least a highlight or two!

776780[/snapback]

And we all need our beer cold even when they have only been in the fridge for 10 minutes.

Every single single game for for every team on any given sunday will have a list of things that could be changed for improvement. And all of the arm chair coaches have the solutions.

Great win BILLS!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Outside of a few guys like Stroud and Henderson, there are not many DT's that can rush the passer and clog the running lanes. I enjoy having DT's that can get pressure and chase the QB down like the Bills have this year. Most of the running plays that gained big yardage were misdirection at Ellison. Ellison is nice in coverage but I think having Spikes back will greatly help the run defense. I do not miss Sam Adams and like having DT's that can collapse the pocket. It makes the pass rush so much better this year.

776780[/snapback]

If we can correct half of those list of six for next week we'll be even better than we were this week. I like 1, 2 and six the best to improve at. Today we played a Dick Jauron type of game. Ball control, no turnovers and capitalize on defense. That is going to win more ballgames than I thought we would win this year.

They need to play for 60 minutes. They almost let Culpepper back into the game by going to sleep around minute 57.

776835[/snapback]

I assumed that was when we went into @#$% prevent defense.(was listening/not watching so I don't know)

I assumed that was when we went into @#$% prevent defense.(was listening/not watching so I don't know)

777095[/snapback]

Yup, that's exactly what happened, @#$% prevent defense.

We've improved a lot so far. They've showed a steady progression from Preseason #1 through this evening. Look how bad our run D was last week, the problem was obviously addressed and they showed up today. If nothing else, I've currently got a lot of confidence in our coaching staff. Penalties are minimal, the team is steadily improving, and the play calling has been very good.

Already head and shoulders above GW and MM in that respect.

-Jeff

Maybe so, but I hate prevent defense. The only thing it prevents is preventing you from winning ! Should stay agressive to the end.

777097[/snapback]

I agree totally. I'd love to know the win/loss stats in the modern era against prevent D & non-prevent D. All I ever see it doing is giving confidence to the other team.

Mind you.....even though they scored on us, we still won.....showing that effectively the prevent worked. I'd love to know the stats.

You know, I'm not fond of those who are relentlessly negative either, but I think the sarcastic responses to this post were uncalled for. Unless you think the Bills played a perfect game (and if they did and could only beat the sadsack Dolphins 16-6, that's a sad statement) then I think areas that could use improvement are a legitimate topic for discussion.

You know, I'm not fond of those who are relentlessly negative either, but I think the sarcastic responses to this post were uncalled for.  Unless you think the Bills played a perfect game (and if they did and could only beat the sadsack Dolphins 16-6, that's a sad statement) then I think areas that could use improvement are a legitimate topic for discussion.

777281[/snapback]

It's flat out stupid. Guarantee they were making the same posts in 2003 after game 2. Obviously the Bills were perfect then and didn't have any room for improvement.