D SPEED

Thailog80

I'd take a defense NOT playing 5 rookies most of the game because of bad personnel decisions in the past and injuries.  But hey, that's just me.

767912[/snapback]

I agree. Everyone keeps saying this is a young team. Take a look at our starters, this team is to experienced to keep making the same mistakes time after time.

I'd take a defense NOT playing 5 rookies most of the game because of bad personnel decisions in the past and injuries.  But hey, that's just me.

767912[/snapback]

Why?

IMO... They will gel more as a unit. The only way to get baptised is in REAL games.

Watch... It will pay dividends.

I may be wrong though... NEVER!

:doh:

They can fly, but they cannot control the line of scrimmage.

Sam Adams would have been very good in the D.  Fat Pat as well.

767909[/snapback]

Adams quite possibly, Fat Pat no. Pat is just too slow to run in a Tampa 2 scheme. he is suited more for the traditional 4-3 or a nose in a 3-4.

They can fly, but they cannot control the line of scrimmage.

Sam Adams would have been very good in the D.  Fat Pat as well.

767909[/snapback]

Having those guys would make no difference. The real reason this run D sucked today is because our DEs have a bad habit of running 10 yards upfield every play, leaving a hole big enough to drive a truck through if it turns out to be a running play. I can understand them doing that on 3rd and 8, but not 1st and 10, as was often the case today and many times last year.