Bledsoe played like crap

Fezmid

Got it. You're on the record. JP is a bust.

767827[/snapback]

Never said that. All I'm saying is that QB wasn't the problem on this team, and I don't know how many QBs we need to go through before people realize that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said that.  All I'm saying is that QB wasn't the problem on this team, and I don't know how many QBs we need to go through before people realize that.

767839[/snapback]

You said, "he's not the answer", too! I saw it!!!! :doh:

Never said that.  All I'm saying is that QB wasn't the problem on this team, and I don't know how many QBs we need to go through before people realize that.

767839[/snapback]

You are correct. We lost this game at the line of scrimmage -- as we have for the past 10 years or so.

There's plenty of logic -- Peter got it.  JP played similar to DB, and we lost.  Nobody wants to blame JP, yet DB was run out of town.

Do I think JP is the problem?  No.  But he's not the answer either.

767820[/snapback]

Drew's achilles was his complete lack of pocket awareness. That flaw in his game killed us too many times to count. Like I said earlier, JP's play today in the area of pocket awareness was anti-Bledsonian.

Drew's achilles was his complete lack of pocket awareness.  That flaw in his game killed us too many times to count.  Like I said earlier, JP's play today in the area of pocket awareness was anti-Bledsonian.

767854[/snapback]

If DB had been sacked in the end zone in the same manner as JP was today, many of you would be screaming that DB had a "complete lack of pocket awareness."

The fact of the matter is that JP had a very good game. The fact also is that people have been very hypocritical in the way that they have judged our QBs for the past several years.

Yeah dropping the ball a half dozen times, and poor accurracy helped a lot also.  I don't blame Losman more then I do several others but he didn't do anything to help the cause today.

767783[/snapback]

What kind of accuracy are you looking for? Do you expect him to put the ball on the money every single throw? 65% comp. percentage is pretty good in my book. As is the 7.1 ypa.

If DB had been sacked in the end zone in the same manner as JP was today, many of you would be screaming that DB had a "complete lack of pocket awareness."

767866[/snapback]

If that had been Bledsoe, the safety would have been his sixth or seventh sack on the day.

For most of the game, JP was everything that Bledsoe wasn't. I agree with you, I thought he had a very good game.

Umm..  did you actually watch the game.  If it wasn't for Reed having two pretty darn good catches, and Mcgahee really dancing on one play that would have been about 60 yards less and 2 less completions.  He really wasn't that good today.  But he wasn't horrible either.  Also, he needs to hang onto the ball with two hands on the fakes or not get it so close to Shelton.  That is his fault.  The bad snap, so what.  That explains one of the half dozen mishandles. 

Also he needs to step up on the endzone play instead of taking that sack for 2.

767822[/snapback]

You are still clueless on all things not running back related when it comes to analyzing on-field performance. :doh:

Umm..  did you actually watch the game.  If it wasn't for Reed having two pretty darn good catches, and Mcgahee really dancing on one play that would have been about 60 yards less and 2 less completions.  He really wasn't that good today.  But he wasn't horrible either.  Also, he needs to hang onto the ball with two hands on the fakes or not get it so close to Shelton.  That is his fault.  The bad snap, so what.  That explains one of the half dozen mishandles. 

Also he needs to step up on the endzone play instead of taking that sack for 2.

Did YOU watch the game? Obviously not VA. Quit sticking with the shiity information that scout friend of yours passed you about Losman and watch the game with some objectivity, please. Losman was one of the lone bright spots on offense today and escaped MANY situations that Bledsoe would have gotten killed in.

And there were numerous plays where his receivers didn't help him out either, namely on the safety, although there was NO PLACE to step up into and he got hit as soon as he dropped back. And the bad snap is a so what but Shelton knocking the ball out of his hands is ALL on him?

Did YOU watch the game?  Obviously not VA.  Quit sticking with the shiity information that scout friend of yours passed you about Losman and watch the game with some objectivity, please.  Losman was one of the lone bright spots on offense today and escaped MANY situations that Bledsoe would have gotten killed in.

And there were numerous plays where his receivers didn't help him out either, namely on the safety, although there was NO PLACE to step up into and he got hit as soon as he dropped back.  And the bad snap is a so what but Shelton knocking the ball out of his hands is ALL on him?

767897[/snapback]

I guess you didn't read what I have said. Overall Losman played okay in the first half. However, his accurracy was off on at least three plays where his players saved his ass. In addition, there was at least 3 other throws that he threw short or long that could have been more accurrate. Am I looking for perfection. NO.

But the mishandling of the ball and the awareness of the endzone are bonehead plays. Other then that he did well. But he didn't do a thing to help us win, and he did minimize the mistakes over last year.

If that had been Bledsoe he would have fumbled it and given the Pats 7.

767904[/snapback]

Yep, then in the postgame interview he's reiterate how everyone needs to play better and it's "his team".

However, his accurracy was off on at least three plays where his players saved his ass.  In addition, there was at least 3 other throws that he threw short or long that could have been more accurrate. Am I looking for perfection.  NO. 

767915[/snapback]

:doh:

so the QB is expected to be on target on every pass, but when the receiver goes and makes a tough grab then it somehow reflects negatively on the qb?? That makes no sense whatsoever, VA....

Was it JP's fault that Royal screwed up his pass to Price (and that drive)?

Was it JP's fault that Willis couldn't decide which way to go on fourth and two feet?

Losman played a very good game.  He turned a terrible snap in shotgun formation into a first down and got rid of the ball quickly for most of the game (until we were backed into our own endzone thanks to moronic penalties).

767813[/snapback]

Was it Bledsoe's fault that Reed made a boneheaded block away from the play against the Steelers on a TD play?

Was it Bledsoe's fault that the defense couldn't stop the Steelers running game?

You know, you sound like a Bledsoe apologist, err, I mean a JP apologist. Same comments I made after the Steelers game, only a different QB.

As my initial post says -- different QB, same results. And yet people STILL think it's the QB. Crazy.

Again, not saying that Bledsoe is the best QB ever, or that he should even be playing here this year. I'm only pointing out the double standard that everyone has around here -- 8 net points is all a "very good" performance could get us?

CW

Again, not saying that Bledsoe is the best QB ever, or that he should even be playing here this year.  I'm only pointing out the double standard that everyone has around here -- 8 net points is all a "very good" performance could get us?

CW

767930[/snapback]

It's not a double standard. There are mistakes that are acceptable from a QB who has made 9 starts that aren't acceptable from a 12 year vet who has started his entire career.