Anybody hear that new song by William Shatner ?

Fan in San Diego

Frickin hilarious, I was driving when I heard it and was laughing so hard I took the wrong exit. Kind reminds me of Rocky Horror Picture Show tunes.

765455[/snapback]

I REALLY hate to say this, but Shatner's 2004 album, Has Been (produced in conjunction with Ben Folds) isn't bad. It's very weird...but I kinda like it.

EDIT: I meant to add Common People is from Has Been.

Edited by The Dean

I REALLY hate to say this, but Shatner's 2004 album, Has Been (produced in conjunction with Ben Folds) isn't bad.  It's very weird...but I kinda like it. 

EDIT:  I meant to add Common People is from Has Been.

765471[/snapback]

That song's originally by a British band from the mid-90s called Pulp.

I was at a Henry Rollins' Spoken Word show a few years back where he was talking about recording Has Been with Shatner.

Said at one point they were sitting around the studio when they realized they needed a guitarist THAT night. So one of the producers got on the phone and called Robert Fripp (of King Crimson fame) and said:

"Listen, I'm standing here with William Shatner, Ben Folds and Henry Rollins and they were wondering if you'd come in and work with them."

And without any hesitation Fripp responded with a "I'll be RIGHT there." to complete the slapped together and utterly insane band.

I REALLY hate to say this, but Shatner's 2004 album, Has Been (produced in conjunction with Ben Folds) isn't bad.  It's very weird...but I kinda like it. 

765471[/snapback]

Ooooh ! Well it's the first time I heard it ! I was busting up laughing. Since you seem to know these things, whats the name of this song from about 10 years ago I guess where the guy is talking and giving advice about life. He always comes back to wearing sunblock, trust me on this one !

Ooooh ! Well it's the first time I heard it ! I was busting up laughing. Since you seem to know these things, whats the name of this song from about 10 years ago I guess where the guy is talking and giving advice about life. He always comes back to wearing sunblock, trust me on this one !

765520[/snapback]

Dunno, but I'm sure you could Google it.

The lyrics were widely passed off (in emails and the like) as being from Kurt Vonnegut. They are NOT from KV. This was one of the first pieces of data that led me to this theorm of information: If you learn about it from an unsollicited email, it's probably bad info.

The lyrics were widely passed off (in emails and the like) as being from Kurt Vonnegut.  They are NOT from KV.

765526[/snapback]

Say it ain't so... I understood that it was an Indiana Wesleyan commencement address. Now I'll have to google for the college to see if IT even exists.

765520[/snapback]

Baz Luhrmann: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

765471[/snapback]

'Has Been' is maybe the guiltiest of pleasures. Guest vocals from Aimee Mann, Joe Jackson, Mr. Folds himself and Henry Rollins lend it some musical credibility.

'Common People' is a very catchy tune...I also like 'That's Me Trying' and 'I Can't Get Behind That'.

This must be huge,

"Golden Throats, The Great Celebrity Sing Off"

1. Proud Mary - Leonard Nimoy

2. It Ain't Me Babe - Sebastian Cabot

3. Blowin' In The Wind - Eddie Albert

4. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - William Shatner

5. A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Noel Harrison

6. I Can See For Miles - Frankie Randall

7. Try A Little Tenderness - Jack Webb

8. Twist And Shout - Mae West

9. House Of The Rising Sun - Andy Griffith

10. Mr. Tambourine Man - William Shatner

11. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life - Jim Nabors

12. Like A Rolling Stone - Sebastian Cabot

13. White Room - Joel Grey

14. If I Had A Hammer - Leonard Nimoy

and of course if you like this you would like

Spaced Out, The Best of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner..

Golden Throats

Here you are :o

766225[/snapback]

what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in Shatner's rambling, incoherent response was he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on TSW is now dumber for having listened to it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

;)