FU Toronto

BILLS02138

agreed....

Rochester as well...

765014[/snapback]

Ah yes, the Rochester-Toronto Axis of Smugness. Where would poor Buffalonians be without those two beacons of civilization....

I'm kidding, and yes, I do agree that regionalization is the key to the future of the Bills, but anyone from the immediate BUF area knows from whence the joke arises...

Go Bills!

"At the time nobody in the organization was thinking about moving," he said, adding that the team signed a 15-year lease at Wilson Stadium in 1998. "We were all concentrating on $11 million and making that goal. I don't know anyone in the organization, from (owner) Mr. Wilson on down who ever thought about leaving Buffalo."

that's crap. Everyone here knows Doug Flutie SAVED this franchise! What a bold-faced lie!

agreed....

Rochester as well...

765014[/snapback]

I don't think it matters where Bills fans are from...

but... it does matter WHERE THEY PLAY...

The Bills will never leave Buffalo - mark my words.

Toronto is a lot like LA - most people are transient and can give two flying !@#$s about football...

WITHOUT the Toronto or canadian fans, your team would have dissapeared from Buffalo a long time ago. YOU should be thanking us not dissing us.

764701[/snapback]

Argonauts: The biggest highlight of the season may have occurred off the field as regular season attendance in 2005 averaged 30,196 fans per game, an increase of 17% over the 2004 average of 25,813.

You believe they are going to move to a city that draws 30,000 fans to its own league? And thats a huge increase?

And thats the year after they won the Grey Cup. lol

And without the Bills, you Canadian fans would be left with only CFL games to attend.  YOU should be thanking US instead of dissing us and fantasizing about stealing our team. 

It's the least you could do for the NY taxpayers who put up the $63 million to keep the team in the area, for you to enjoy.

764741[/snapback]

NO we would go to Pittsburgh or Detroit to watch games. BUFFALO thrives of CANADIAN fans which fill half the stadium. SO AGAIN without us, you would have no team and therefore the city of BUffalo would be nothing but a boring HOLE.

NO we would go to Pittsburgh or Detroit to watch games. BUFFALO thrives of CANADIAN fans which fill half the stadium. SO AGAIN without us, you would have no team and therefore the city of BUffalo would be nothing but a boring HOLE.

765166[/snapback]

I don't think anybody is going to change this guy's mind.

Boy, what a great reporter this guy is.  First off, Ralph's age is referred to 3 times in this article- that alone is annoying.  "The 86 year-old owner... 86 year-old Ralph Wilson", blah blah. Oh, by the way, it's WRONG!  Ralph is 87, and will turn 88 in October.  Secondly, he says that in 1998 the stadium needed more seats?  Uh, the seating capacity was reduced from 80,000 to 73,000.  Maybe he meant "suites," but hey, he got Ralph's age wrong 3 times, so why worry about little things like facts.

764770[/snapback]

May be he just reposted his article from last year....hence the reference to

a person who is older by an year :doh:

765166[/snapback]

Yeah, you easily see 20,000 Ontario license plates around the stadium on any given Fall Sunday. :doh:

Moving the team to Toronto would be hard to take, but the worst part will be when they change the team name to the Rough Riders.  :doh:

765266[/snapback]

That is not funny. Really. Not funny.