Joss Reed

AJ1

I think they're going to be used interchangably--sort of like #2A and #2B--only because Reed is an awesome run-blocker.

762440[/snapback]

I don't think that it's the end of the world. PP had been there for awhile, if I'm not mistaken. Thought that PP had done enough to solidify #2, though. Don't have a problem with some sort of alternation plan.

I think they're going to be used interchangably--sort of like #2A and #2B--only because Reed is an awesome run-blocker.

762440[/snapback]

Good call, doesnt much matter who starts price and reed, Kelsay and Denny, Bowen and Whitner, will all be rotated in throughout the game, Since we are trying to be a run first team it makes since to start reed because he is the best blocking WR we have

Good call, doesnt much matter who starts price and reed, Kelsay and Denny, Bowen and Whitner, will all be rotated in throughout the game, Since we are trying to be a run first team it makes since to start reed because he is the best blocking WR we have

762453[/snapback]

Then we're going to be run first? And when PP comes in it's a pass? The playbook better be more sophisticated than that. We don't need any blatant tipoff formations ala MM style.

I think the interesting thing is regarding what this means in terms of the #3 or sot receiver. Is this Price (I think of him as more of an outside fly pattern guy) or is it Parrish (who was working out in the slot for the Bills in camp).

In general my guess is that this depth chart presentation is meant more for gaming our opponents generally or for the Pats specifically.

BB and Dean Pees are going to have to make choices about whether they give their CBs specific players or specific sides of the field regardless of the player match-ups. In addition, they will need to decide how they are going to run and man the nickel in 3 WR sets.

The Reed/Price dichotomy presents a challenge in that if you choose to put your fastest CB on Evans the switch off for the second guy in either having to cover the theoretically good route running Reed or the speedy PP is aan interesting challenge.

Likewise the 3WR set question becomes an interesting chakkenge as you decide whether you are likely to face the speedy scatback Paarish or the even speedier and rangier Price.

These same issues exist regardless of where they play, but this depth chart does not give hints to the opponent which makes this easier,

The Reed/Price dichotomy presents a challenge in that if you choose to put your fastest CB on Evans the switch off for the second guy in either having to cover the theoretically good route running Reed or the speedy PP is aan interesting challenge.

Boy it is reassuring the way JP was looking for Price in the preseason (although that 1st pass against Detroit could have been 6 the other way!)...This is a very promising receiving corp!

I think the interesting thing is regarding what this means in terms of the #3 or sot receiver.  Is this Price (I think of him as more of an outside fly pattern guy) or is it Parrish (who was working out in the slot for the Bills in camp).

In general my guess is that this depth chart presentation is meant more for gaming our opponents generally or for the Pats specifically.

BB and Dean Pees are going to have to make choices about whether they give their CBs specific players or specific sides of the field regardless of the player match-ups.  In addition, they will need to decide how they are going to run and man the nickel in 3 WR sets.

Likewise the 3WR set question becomes an interesting chakkenge as you decide whether you are likely to face the speedy scatback Paarish or the even speedier and rangier Price.

These same issues exist regardless of where they play, but this depth chart does not give hints to the opponent which makes this easier,

762482[/snapback]

great post...that said, i also think that is presents a challenge to opposing DC's in how they want to defend the pass. With the maturity of JP and the weapons at his disposal, I really think the Bills will have a winning season, maybe not playoff bound, but definately a winning season....

762482[/snapback]

Actually, I would expect the better blocker Reed to be the slot man in 3 WR groupings, with Peerless (or Roscoe) on the outside.

Then we're going to be run first?  And when PP comes in it's a pass?  The playbook better be more sophisticated than that.  We don't need any blatant tipoff formations ala MM style.

762480[/snapback]

Im sure they'll change it up and audible too. some plays are more obvios than otheres 3rd and 10 we dont have to have PP on the field to assume where more likely to pass than run. 3rd and 1 we dont have to have josh reed on the field to assume where more likely to run

Actually, I would expect the better blocker Reed to be the slot man in 3 WR groupings, with Peerless (or Roscoe) on the outside.

762569[/snapback]

That's why I'm surprised to see JR in #2 spot. Maybe misinformation for BB? I can only hope.

Then we're going to be run first?  And when PP comes in it's a pass?  The playbook better be more sophisticated than that.  We don't need any blatant tipoff formations ala MM style.

762480[/snapback]

Well when Price comes in he can only fake a running play block and not very successfully at that.

I do believe the Bills will be running predominantly 3 WR sets. That interactive depth chart shows 2 WRs & 1 FB... easier to graphically depict things that way instead of showing 3 WRs & putting the FB over on the sideline. :angry:

Evans, Reed, and Price are the starters.