I get the feeling that Steve Foley....

Bill from NYC

Police officers don't always have state wide jurisdiction, unless they are state troopers or with some other state agency.

For example, a police officer cannot follow you out of county lines and still pull you over. The only way that something like what you are speaking of may occur is if there is some kind of chase, and the surrounding counties are given some kind of permission to enter the county, or if a cop in the one district asks for support from surrounding districts.

I know about the car pull over thing because one of my tickets was thrown out of court when the judge found out that the officer pulled me over out of his jurisdiction.

763784[/snapback]

Conservation police too (at least here in Illinois)... Yet, I am at a federal site... The feds do give them the ability to do their job... The only thing they can't do is interfer with fed functions or ops... In other words, bring my relief in before you arrest me... :lol::doh:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true.  Regardless of personal opinions, it's better to keep them silent sometimes. 

Cleveland lost a police officer last week after a guy shot through his front door at 12 cops who were trying to serve this scumbag a warrant on rape charges.  The funeral is today and much of the city is in mourning, but I've heard some idiots call radio talk shows this week and scream about how evil Cleveland cops are. 

Folks, these people put their lives on the line for us.  But we've heard it all before.

If you don't want to have a conflict with a police officer, do the following:

1) Don't drive drunk.

2) Don't speed.

3) Don't use drugs.

4) Don't be out at 3:30 in the morning weaving at 90 mph through traffic.  As SD Jarhead quoted here earlier, nothing good happens after 1:00 AM.

5) If the above four fail, follow all directions of the police officer.  That way, chances are you don't get shot.  They do warn you.

If you obey the law, you have nothing to worry about.  If not, well then, nothing I say will change your mind.

Mike

762774[/snapback]

Are you that naive?

People do drive home from work after 1:00 am, and most bars and clubs in most cities stay open until after 1:00 am. DWB is a fact of life in most major cities, and only someone extremely naive would think it wouldn't. I say wait and let the legal process take its course. Whole dam thing is curious to me.