Aw Crikey!!!

smokinandjokin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part is he leaves behind an 8-year old daughter and a not quite 3-year old little boy. Sad.  :w00t:

761128[/snapback]

He had a terrific (IMO) series on our National Parks. If you haven't seen it, I think it's worth your time. The series included his family in a big way.

RIP mate.

The "This is Sportscenter" commercials are all pretty hilarious, but one of the best ones I've ever seen was with Steve Irwin.

He and John Anderson are standing waiting for the elevator, just making small talk. Then the elevator dings, and the door opens, and the Florida Gators mascot comes strolling out. Irwin says something like, "Stand back John, this one's a biggie!" and then jumps on the gator and wrestles him down.

It was pretty freaking hilarious, and proof that he didn't take his TV persona too seriously. I can't access YouTube at the moment, but if anyone could post that commerical, I would love to watch it.

I may have to grab a few oil cans of Foster's tonight for the FSU-Miami game.

Cheers mate, RIP.

RIP Mate...

from all accounts, it sounds like he died a relatively painless and quick death.  he died doing what he loved too...  couldn't ask for any more!

761645[/snapback]

getting stabbed in the heart by a stingray sounds anything but painless

this is really terrible news though...he's the reason i got hooked to animal planet years ago

getting stabbed in the heart by a stingray sounds anything but painless

this is really terrible news though...he's the reason i got hooked to animal planet years ago

761702[/snapback]

My point was that it was better than to have been stabbed in the leg... Plus there was a written account that he died instantly. I don't have the link though

edit: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/0...eath/index.html

nevermind...

It was a fluke and the lousiest luck you'll ever see. He was stabbed in the heart by the barb and his first instinct was to pull it out, which is what killed him. Had he kept it in, he probably could have survived. But here's the rub; with a thrashing stingray still attached to your chest, the ONLY thing he could have done was cut off the barb, because otherwise the stingray would have pulled it out anyway. Man. :(

• 1 month later...
Pictures of the accident

Three pictures from the video, 2 show him swimming over the ray, the third shows him clutching his chest, no blood is shown in any.

803155[/snapback]

No, those are pictures from the National Enquirer which are clearly listed in the tabloid as "artist's rendition."