Each loss wouldn't sting as much if

with the fourth pick the Dallas Cowboys select "future superstar whoever." Just when you dont think it could get any worse it does and much more. This team is like a train wreck. They play with a lot intensity but fold in big moments. And damn i feel for Bledsoe but it might be over. He is just to slow, it takes years for him to get set up in the pocket. It is getting embarrassing

with the fourth pick the Dallas Cowboys select "future superstar whoever." Just when you dont think it could get any worse it does and much more. This team is like a train wreck. They play with a lot intensity but fold in big moments. And damn i feel for Bledsoe but it might be over. He is just to slow, it takes years for him to get set up in the pocket and throw. He should drop back quicker. Honestly i wouldnt be as bummed this early if we would had a first rounder. What happens if it is in the top 5. Donahoe should fire himself. He built a good defense but he forget to get the most important part. The defense ends are embarrassing, plain and simple. Did one even come close to Brady all day. And on offense he gets great skill players and forgets to look at players with good mental abilty on the OL. If you go back on the film the Guard and center would be blocking one person while someone would come through free. Maybe because Teague got hurt this happened but the OL is horrible. Just a bad year, hope it can get better. peace

A week ago I would have said the 05 draft was without a dominate QB.  After watching Kyle Orton play, I have to retract my statement.  I have no doubt this kid is going to be a star in the NFL.  I would not be surprised if thats who Dallas drafts with our pick.

55026[/snapback]

Who does he (Orton) play for... I don't follow college that much?

You've actually just unknowingly made a very sound case for why getting the extra 1st THIS YEAR for our QB of the future and giving it up next year was a very good move.

54992[/snapback]

Agreed.....

When you take a look at our situation...there is no doubt we would have taken a QB next year....so what I do when I look at the trade is just how high JP Losman would have gone in next years QB depleted draft....

And after looking at him play for the bills I would say top 10 EASILY....probably much higher.....

Agreed.....

When you take a look at our situation...there is no doubt we would have taken a QB next year....so what I do when I look at the trade is just how high JP Losman would have gone in next years QB depleted draft....

And after looking at him play for the bills I would say top 10 EASILY....probably much higher.....

55082[/snapback]

Losman's injury really skews this too. If he were healthy, people wouldn't be talking about next year's draft pick, they be clamoring for JP to start the next game.

A week ago I would have said the 05 draft was without a dominate QB.  After watching Kyle Orton play, I have to retract my statement.  I have no doubt this kid is going to be a star in the NFL.  I would not be surprised if thats who Dallas drafts with our pick.

55026[/snapback]

I think the Auburn kid looks pretty darn good also.

Kyle Orton is a senior QB at Purdue. He's the 3rd rank QB in the country and is expected to be a Heisman finalist. The guy can thread a needle between two defenders. He has a cannon for an arm and can hit a receiver deep going full stride. I look forward to watching more of his games this year.

I love how people keep bringing up the issue of not having a number one pick next year....First of all, as many of you have said, Losman has yet to play a down in the NFL. For all we know, he's a stud. Second, all people do around here is B word and moan about who we draft anyway lol.

I think the Auburn kid looks pretty darn good also.

55086[/snapback]

Jason Campbell... I don't know if he is going to be great or not. I know he's not a fan favorite at Auburn. But he did look really good against Tenn.

Is anybody going to the Florida St. vs Syracuse game this weekend? Or am I going to be the only moron there. I'm bumed I won't see Chris Rix play, but am excited about seeing Sexton play.

I agree that Kyle Orton does look pretty amazing so far this season. The idea that J.P. would have been RATED a top 10 pick or as the top QB for the 2005 draft has gained steam since J.P.'s excellent preseason, but I just don't think it's true. This doesn't mean he won't eventually prove his value as a top 10 pick by turning into a star, I'm just saying he would not have been rated as such coming out of college, no matter what the year. QB's from a mid-major with a losing record their senior year usually just don't get picked that high.

Between Orton, Leinart, Walter, or Rodgers... one or two would've been rated higher, guaranteed.