One thing I can say for Jauron...

MattyT

When someone from the media asks him a question he seems to try his best to give them an honest and interesting answer.

I almost flipped out the first time I saw Mike Catalana (WHAM 13) ask Jauron a question at half time during the first preseason game and it was like "Holy shiat! The coach answered the question, it was on-topic, and it had actual meaning!"

He has done this on several occasions. Shocking.

How come after all these years in the NFL, nobody has told him that all he needs to say is that they're "giving 110%" and "leaving it all on the field" etc?

When someone from the media asks him a question he seems to try his best to give them an honest and interesting answer.

I almost flipped out the first time I saw Mike Catalana (WHAM 13) ask Jauron a question at half time during the first preseason game and it was like "Holy shiat! The coach answered the question, it was on-topic, and it had actual meaning!"

How come after all these years in the NFL, nobody has told him that all he needs to say is that they're "giving 110%" and "leaving it all on the field" etc?

758484[/snapback]

I'm with you....nothing frustrated me more than last year when something very obvious would happen on the field and Mularkey would just say, "I need to see the tape"

I'm with you....nothing frustrated me more than last year when something very obvious would happen on the field and Mularkey would just say, "I need to see the tape"

758491[/snapback]

Maybe he didn't see it.?

Some of the plays he called made it seemed like he was watching a different game. :lol:

758491[/snapback]

One of the many various MM downfalls, as well as the TD downfalls in hiring inexperienced head coaches, was that Mike Mularkey really didn't know how to handle the press as a HC. It's a hard thing to learn and a difficult part of the job. GW was lousy, too. A lot of guys get it their second time around.

That said, Jauron is probably the exception anyway. He's just a straight shooter and known for it. He's probably one guy who could handle that part of the job right off the bat.

I never understood why coaches are like that. As though someone is watching Channel 13 in Rachacha and will call the opposing coach to adjust their strategy based on a sideline interview.

When people like MM say things like "i have to see the tape" that just removes the player's accountability. They can screw up and know the coach won't say jack about it. Parcells does it too, but not as well, you can tell when he's pissed off because of his expression and tone of voice. MM would go all robot.

Example, last night after Vanderchoke missed TWO 33 yard field goals in OT, both wide right. he didn't ream him in the presser, but you could tell he was pissed and you KNEw that Mikey was gonna hear about it. With MM you were never sure.

758484[/snapback]

Quite a contrast from Parcells who when asked why he didn't go for a 2 point conversion in last night's game replied "Because I didn't want to". Although Parcells often provides great entertainment to the audience with his post game remarks.

As a fan I like having a coach that talks to us and lets us know what is on his mind. I like to see if we are displeased with the same thing. And obviously he can offer a different opinion on what is happening on the field.

In today's fan based sports world it's nice to see some coaches actually realize the fans need to be kept informed. I initially didn't like the Jauron hire but the more exposure I have to him the more I like him.

We have all seen how players and coaches and people in football have praised Jauron for his honesty and integrity.

This quote was in the recent SI NFL Preview issue - comments from 'an opposing team's scout'

What I like about the Bills is that they're good guys, and it starts with the coaching staff.  Dick Jauron, DL coach Bill Kollar, special teams coach Bobby April - there's a love for the game there; they don't act as if it's all about them.

Don't forget this is from someone on the payroll of an opposing team! Not sure how you can get much higher praise than that.

I never understood why coaches are like that.  As though someone is watching Channel 13 in Rachacha and will call the opposing coach to adjust their strategy based on a sideline interview.

When people like MM say things like "i have to see the tape" that just removes the player's accountability.  They can screw up and know the coach won't say jack about it.  Parcells does it too, but not as well, you can tell when he's pissed off because of his expression and tone of voice. MM would go all robot.

Example, last night after Vanderchoke missed TWO 33 yard field goals in OT, both wide right.  he didn't ream him in the presser, but you could tell he was pissed and you KNEw that Mikey was gonna hear about it.  With MM you were never sure.

758545[/snapback]

Watch the Jauron interview after last night's game. It's 5 minutes long and three seperate times he says, "Well, I'd have to watch the tape." :doh:

758484[/snapback]

Matty, you are right on. I was going to post something similar.

I will take it a step further and say that we are blessed (and so is the local media!) that our coach AND OUR GM give probably the best interviews (and answers to questions) in the league. It's very refreshing to hear real answers from a HC. And Marv....well, he's just plain and simply the most original pro football person I have ever heard speak. He never appears out of touch, there is no hesitation before an answer, and his sense of humor is kind of a shock to some for someone of his age.

I agree. Greggg Williams was always too interesting in sounding intelligent and Mularkey thought he'd try to emulate belichick with obfuscation, but with mularkey, it just made him sound like a big dumb guy. I liked MIke as a person, but the HC position is over his head, period.

I was bummed about the Jauron hire at first because I thought he's boring, but the more I learn of him the more I like him. He's certainly the best hire we've made in the last 6 years.

It is soooo nice to have a coach who has mastered the English language. Listening the last couple years has been painful. He is also honest and I like what I've seen of him so far--a lot. Very refreshing change, and I was not a big fan of the hire at first, but then again I knew very little about the guy.