Andre Davis vs. Sam Aiken

Kelly the Dog

If Davis had not made that play last night, he would be on everyone's cut list. He made this same type of play for Cleveland once or twice a season and then disappeared for the rest of the year. If they keep him okay. If not, that's okay too. I wouldn't keep him instead of Aiken though.

What if they kept the following:

Evans

Price

Reed

Davis

Aiken

Wilson

They should let Parrish go.  We have plenty of speed on this team.  I just have not been impressed with Roscoe.

758523[/snapback]

Parrish is one of the WRs who distinctly brings "something else" to the game. More than speed, he brings elusiveness. If he gets a bit stronger, he's going to be a menace to the D. For now, he needs to get the ball in space (between players, not up between the planets) and he gets a handful of yards more than your average receiver by making the first player miss, or not hit him squarely.

I think only four are "locks:"

Evans

Price

Reed

Parrish

I personally think Aiken makes the team after a strong camp/PS. I thought goung into the year we'd drop him, but I've been very impressed.

I have not been too impressed with Davis so far. More than helping him, I felt like his big gain last night negated Wilson's big reception last week.

I am very intrigued to see what they do. I think Wilson will go to the PS because the roster spots are so tight. I could see them keeping 6, including Davis, then dropping one when Bowen returns to the active roster, assuming Wilson really made it to the PS.

IIRC, it stands for If I Recall Correctly.  :lol:

758271[/snapback]

Ah, good catch. Well, if that's the case then I see them trying to stash Wilson on the PS this year, keeping 6 which means Davis makes the team.

Evans, Price, Reed, Parish, Davis and Aiken.

Then if Roscoe gets dinged up, they pull up Wilson off the PS -- everyone's happy.

What if they kept the following:

Evans

Price

Reed

Davis

Aiken

Wilson

They should let Parrish go.  We have plenty of speed on this team.  I just have not been impressed with Roscoe.

758523[/snapback]

13 yards a punt return last year...that doesn't show you anything? He would have led the league but our defense was so bad he didn't have enough return to qualify. Roscoe isn't gonna catch 80 balls ever, but he's gonna catch 40 and take at least one punt to the house. Think Dante Hall, he's not a top 2 receiver but ask KC if they want to cut him.

Ah, good catch. Well, if that's the case then I see them trying to stash Wilson on the PS this year, keeping 6 which means Davis makes the team.

Evans, Price, Reed, Parish, Davis and Aiken.

Then if Roscoe gets dinged up, they pull up Wilson off the PS -- everyone's happy.

758574[/snapback]

In Jauron's post game interview he spoke about Davis's speed a lot, and that the coaches have talked about it a lot and what they can do with it. After seeing that, I think he makes the team. I would love for once in a while the Bills trot out Evans, Peerless, Roscoe and Andre Davis, and then split either Willis out or Everett. That's a ton of speed. I think it would really mess with the defense. And be an easy completion on a slant or over the middle route.

I would love for once in a while the Bills trot out Evans, Peerless, Roscoe and Andre Davis, and then split either Willis out or Everett. That's a ton of speed. I think it would really mess with the defense. And be an easy completion on a slant or over the middle route.

758739[/snapback]

Or a dead JPL. :doh:

That's a ton of speed. I think it would really mess with the defense. And be an easy completion on a slant or over the middle route.

758739[/snapback]

I like that slant throw to Evans on 3rd down yesterday....Haven't seen such

a quick pass in a long while that mattered.....

Another advantage for Davis is that he was brought in by the new regime vs. Aiken and Wilson were brought in by the old one. If TD were still here that would be a huge factor, but not sure that Marv & co. are really as petty. One thing they have been consistant on is that they place a premium on speed and Davis could be the fastest player on the team.

The fact he also is making special teams tackles is huge considering he is doing that for the first time this preseason.

Sometimes hard decisions are the easiest decisions. The three receivers we are debating are pretty close to equal (hence making it hard), but we'll be pretty much in the same boat whichever one we keep (making it easy). I'm much happier with PP showing some fine play and I think he and Evans and now Royal at tight end give a lot of options. The interesting receiver problem is who will be the man at #3.

Aiken is not making the team. Did anyone see his little screw up causing man up and man short situation in game 3? April was in his face after the incident and he was very "sad" looking. In addition, he dropped at least 3 easy passes in game three.

At this point Evans is the only lock. I believe Price, Parish, and Reed are set. Beyond that maybe Wilson and/or Davis.

Let me add one more thing. I could see where even Wilson and Davis gone if someone like Rogers becomes available.

Aiken makes the team.  Two cuts will come between Wilson, Davis and Jonathon Smith.  I think Smith is a goner and it will be between Wilson and Davis.

758806[/snapback]

But as KTFBD pointed out, Wilson is still eligible for the PS (something I missed)...which makes that decision a whole lot easier.