Is Moorman not the best punter in the league?

zevo

So this is the third year in a row we'll be able to tell people how good our punter is??  Wow, looking forward to this one.  :w00t:

757945[/snapback]

Better than not having him. If you cant appreciate the little things on this team then you are not a real fan. If you ever want this team to contend again, you bet your ass having a good punter ,among other things, is a neccessity.

The wine tastes better when you are not using sour grapes.

Better than not having him. If you cant appreciate the little things on this team then you are not a real fan. If you ever want this team to contend again, you bet your ass having a good punter ,among other things, is a neccessity.

The wine tastes better when you are not using sour grapes.

757964[/snapback]

By the time this team is able to contend again Moorman will be in a rocking chair.

Love the sour grapes line, can I use it for my sig line? :w00t:

Yeah.  Better to have the best of something than the best of NOTHING.

And Moorman's been the best punter in the NFL for the past 3 years.

757966[/snapback]

I'd rather have the best offense or the best defense. Last I checked it was a team sport. Big woop, they have a great punter. Maybe because he gets lots of practice.

By the time this team is able to contend again Moorman will be in a rocking chair. 

Love the sour grapes line, can I use it for my sig line?  :w00t:

757970[/snapback]

Not tryin to be an ass. I just really appreciate how good moorman actually is.

I appreciate too, don't get me wrong.  But man, when was the last time this team had one of the best is a skill position.

757978[/snapback]

It depends if you count LB as a "skill" position I suppose.

He's very good, but he has very tough competition from Shane Lechter in Oakland. Lechter has had to top punting average, or tied for top punting average (with Moorman in 2005) for the last three years. One can argue that Moorman punts more in tough weather conditions, but one still has to give Lechter props for his consistency. I'm glad Moorman is a Bill though.

Not for nothing, but those two consecutive punts in the third quarter last night were insane. He bombed one 70 yards on the fly from our 23 to their 7; then, when it was wiped out by a penalty, stepped from our 18 and hit it 74 yards on the fly to their 8. :lol: