Did the Steelers really sign Nance...

it anywhere else. Could be a rumor/attempt at a scoop. Anybody know? Big Ben said this guy was a top 5 receiver. I hope that guy who was bashing eveyone about Nance didn't jinx us.

755983[/snapback]

I personally don't know if they picked him up or not, but it really wouldn't suprise me if they did. Ben had success with him in college and i think he could potentially be a very good receiver in this league with a lot to offer the team that picks him up if he does not clear waivers.

it anywhere else. Could be a rumor/attempt at a scoop. Anybody know? Big Ben said this guy was a top 5 receiver. I hope that guy who was bashing eveyone about Nance didn't jinx us.

755983[/snapback]

Steelers | Team signs Euhus

Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:38:30 -0700

PittsburghSteelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers signed TE Tim Euhus (Saints) to a contract Tueday, Aug. 29. Euhus was a fourth-round draft pick out of Oregon State in 2004. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Steelers | Team signs Euhus

Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:38:30 -0700

PittsburghSteelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers signed TE Tim Euhus (Saints) to a contract Tueday, Aug. 29. Euhus was a fourth-round draft pick out of Oregon State in 2004. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

755988[/snapback]

They took Riemersma too. Who cares? Euhus blows and will never live up to what Donahoe and company expected of him.

The interesting thing though is what if this is an f you to Mularkey and Donahoe, by trying to get Euhus to have more success in Pittsburgh than he had in Buffalo?

They took Riemersma too. Who cares? Euhus blows and will never live up to what Donahoe and company expected of him.

The interesting thing though is what if this is an f you to Mularkey and Donahoe, by trying to get Euhus to have more success in Pittsburgh than he had in Buffalo?

755990[/snapback]

Why would Kevin Colbert even GARA about Mularkey? W/ the future of their coach up in the air, and w/ the pressures of trying to repeat, I think they have bigger fish to fry now.

Why would Kevin Colbert even GARA about Mularkey?  W/ the future of their coach up in the air, and w/ the pressures of trying to repeat, I think they have bigger fish to fry now.

756013[/snapback]

Preach it, Rich!

Euhus and Nance are football players. Don't be surprised if they get signed by football teams.

When GMs start signing guys for spite, that's the time for them to start looking for a new job.

755983[/snapback]

Out of curiosity, who sent you the e-mail. That may speak to the accuracy of this report. I see no mention of it anywhere on-line.

There's no sense in anyone picking-up Nance right now. He wouldn't show much in just 1 pre-season game with almost no familiarity with a new system. If he gets signed, it will be for a PS, hopefully the Bills'. At worst I see the Steelers signing him to theirs.

Euhus is another story, since he can't be PS'd.

755990[/snapback]

Jerame Tuman has a hammy and they need someone with a little experience to fill in so they upgraded and got rid of one of their undrafted te's. I don't think it's the "As the Football Gm's Turn" soap opera at work.

Donahoe/Mularkey and the Steelers have/had the same taste in TE's so it's worth a shot for the Steelers.

People around here were talking about Nance pre-draft because of his time spent catching balls from Big Ben, but nothing happened and I never heard anything after that, including the last couple of days. The Steelers have plenty of 3-4-5 wr talent, I don't think Nance helps them at this point.

There's no sense in anyone picking-up Nance right now.  He wouldn't show much in just 1 pre-season game with almost no familiarity with a new system.  If he gets signed, it will be for a PS, hopefully the Bills'.  At worst I see the Steelers signing him to theirs.

Euhus is another story, since he can't be PS'd.

756413[/snapback]

I thought that if any team picked him up he could not go onto their practice squad, or is that only if they take the player from someone elses practice squad?