Turner Gill UB era debut to be televised

If you can't watch the Bills, and you get CN8 on Comcast cable, why not watch the start of the Turner Gill dynasty at UB? The home opener against Temple, in Buffalo, will be broadcast live this Thursday night at 7pm. I predict the longest undefeated streak in modern UB history: 1-0.

CN8 website

PTR

Figured that would be on llive in Buffalo. I figured wrong. Radio only. Expected crowd of over 20,000 at UB Stadium. They need to get the average attendance up over 15,000 for the season.

755306[/snapback]

As an alum...I just want the pain to stop. I don't think this program has a shot to survive. Drop in class and go where you can be competitive.

On a positive note, we could probably fight it out with Stanford for the NCAA Ping Pong Championship if there were such an animal.

Figured that would be on llive in Buffalo. I figured wrong. Radio only. Expected crowd of over 20,000 at UB Stadium. They need to get the average attendance up over 15,000 for the season.

755306[/snapback]

Actually it won't be on live in Buffalo, as no one in the Buffalo market has Comcast Cable just Time Warner. Now if it is being televised on another channel locally, that I don't know. It would be nice to see them televised on a regular basis in Buffalo though for sure.

755306[/snapback]

20,000 is pretty good for a team that has defined "horrible" for the last decade-plus. And I think it shows Buffalo would be a good market for college football (and basketball) if the product were competitive.

By the way, I think the only reason it's not on live is that the Blls are playing at the same time.

PTR

20,000 is pretty good for a team that has defined "horrible" for the last decade-plus.  And I think it shows Buffalo would be a good market for college football (and basketball) if the product were competitive. 

By the way, I think the only reason it's not on live is that the Blls are playing at the same time.

PTR

755447[/snapback]

I don't think there's much doubt about basketball after 2005 and the crowds the Bulls drew last year. As for football, I hope the NCAA gives Gill the time he needs. Finally the state hired a real freaking coach for UB.

I'll be there LIVE and for free too, as I've just started my first year at UB and students get in for free. I'm pretty excited for it.

755810[/snapback]

Man, I envy you. I am a 2005 Alum and this time of year just kills me now that I've graduated. I will probably be at the game regardless, as Rochester is a pretty convenient drive.

A bit OT but The Bulls did themselves a big favor when they hired T.Gill.Not that they are ever going to be a 1A powerhouse but i really think he will make them at least respectable in a few years.

755959[/snapback]

Couldn't agree with you more on Gill... and I also think his hiring sends the signal that UB might finally be willing to give the program the backing it needs to succeed.

Last year, I had problems giving away UB tix. This year, I'm actually thinking about trying to catch a home game or two. (Assuming they finish rebuilding Sweet Home Rd. any time soon, that is...)

I was reading a blurb in the Buffalo News recently (or some area newspaper?!)...that Gill's phone has been ringing off the hook since his hiring and he's been receiving videos in the mail. The calls & videos are coming from parents around the country who want their sons to play football for Turner Gill. Let's face it, he's a popular guy, squeaky clean and a great role model for young men and especially young African Americans. Can you imagine any other UB coach having that kind of recruiting power? UB will be very respectable in 2 years.

Lots of ink on the UB Bulls in today's Buffalo News. Even Jerry Sullivan made the kind of snide remarks that he normally saves for the Bills and Sabres. That's how you know you've made it. I predict a 4-win season for Gill and the Bulls, and the losses will be more competitive.

PTR

Can you imagine any other UB coach having that kind of recruiting power?  UB will be very respectable in 2 years.

756007[/snapback]

Exactly. "Respectable" is the key word. If Gill can get us towards the middle of the pack in 1A, that's going to be really exciting for the community (especially if anything ever happens to the Bills).

The Bulls don't need a national championship to be a success and asset.

The Bulls don't need a national championship to be a success and asset

I agree 100%.As long as they can compete and not look like dopes out there,i think the community will begin to rally around them.This past years recruiting class was the strongest (from what i have read) since the jump to 1A and if they can notch a couple more wins,i would expect that trend to continue. :D

If you can't watch the game, catch it on the the WGR stream, or go the UB Athletics website for a link to the Teamline streaming page.

CN8 is seen in parts of New England where Comcast is the cable system, plus New Jersey, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Richmond.

PTR

If you can't watch the game, catch it on the the WGR stream, or go the UB Athletics website for a link to the Teamline streaming page.

CN8 is seen in parts of New England where Comcast is the cable system, plus New Jersey, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Richmond.

PTR

757081[/snapback]

UB Athletics: Radio/TV

Wondered if Simon and Koziol were calling the games again. Hopefully they'll have some closer games to cover this season...

I was reading a blurb in the Buffalo News recently (or some area newspaper?!)...that Gill's phone has been ringing off the hook since his hiring and he's been receiving videos in the mail.  The calls & videos are coming from parents around the country who want their sons to play football for Turner Gill.  Let's face it,  he's a popular guy, squeaky clean and a great role model for young men and especially young African Americans.  Can you imagine any other UB coach having that kind of recruiting power?  UB will be very respectable in 2 years.

756007[/snapback]

He has all the makings of an excellent hire. Really looking forward to going to the game tonite. News reports predict a sellout (almost 30k).