shelton had an awful game

Lothar

Besides at least 2 drops that could have kept drives alive, he blatantly missed 2 blocks early in the game that kept McGahee from getting to the second level. In one instance - I think the 2nd or 3rd drive, he charged at the outside backer who deked to the outside and came around to trip up McGahee by the laces just as he was hitting the hole. As great a blocker as I've seen him be in past games, that may have been the single worst game I've seen out of him as a Bill. Good thing it was the preseason ...

Besides at least 2 drops that could have kept drives alive, he blatantly missed 2 blocks early in the game that kept McGahee from getting to the second level.  In one instance - I think the 2nd or 3rd drive, he charged at the outside backer who deked to the outside and came around to trip up McGahee by the laces just as he was hitting the hole.  As great a blocker as I've seen him be in past games, that may have been the single worst game I've seen out of him as a Bill.  Good thing it was the preseason ...

753703[/snapback]

Bring on Ricard. Give him a shot. Shelton brings good blocking ability to the table. I'd love to see Buffalo have a fullback that can run and catch.

Shelton had numerous whiff-blocks last preseason as well. Apparently he was serviceable enough during the season to justify Marv not picking up serious (read: non-injury-lagged, nonrookie) competition.... either that or the pickings were that slim. By next season, we need an upgrade.

And if there's anything last season should have showed the coaches, it is that Shelton should not be used as a receiver, especially at the goal line.

I think he was thrown off by the PA announcer. He was mispronouncing his name as Damien. I'm sure he thinking wtf? Why is this clown mispronouncing my name? I'm not new here.

As a result he had a poor game.