Bledsoe Apologists

Just curious if there are any left over from the bye week.

For clarification, the official definition of a Bledsoe Apologist: one who believes the current Bills team OR any future Bills team has a chance of making the playoffs as long as Drew is still around as a starter.

Drew Bledsoe has already surpassed tons of historic marks and he's only 32 years old dude, he is the only reason the Bills DO have a shot at winning some games. He has led a team to the Super Bowl before and he has broken most single season records for the Bills. He needs the proper game plan and O-Line which is put together by Mularkey and Donohoe.

I am sorry. Yet, for some funny reason, I stick to saying he is one of the better things that's happened to Bills' football.

Just imagine what it would be like without him?

Remember the early 80's?

Yes, things are bad... Yet, every game we have a shot.

I still see direction in this wayward team.

I think the sun shines very soon on this team...

For clarification, the official definition of a Bledsoe Apologist: one who believes the current Bills team OR any future Bills team has a chance of making the playoffs as long as Drew is still around as a starter.

54595[/snapback]

You seem to derive a lot of joy from this.

Do you have any clue at all what goes on in a football game beyond the QB position?

With what went on on the football field today to cause this loss I'm pretty certain

that...

clearly, you don't.

54595[/snapback]

Why does this not surprise me?

You would blame this loss on Bledsoe! But by doing so, you reveal your football ignorance.

I dont see how anyone can blame today on Drew for that matter any of the three games. I saw one major mistake by Drew and that was 1 INT that maybe might of been Moulds fault not doing right pattern. The REFS cost us 2 games so far in my mind! Jax we should of won but oh well. This team could easily be 3-0 or 2-1 come on now. They showed signs of something today just stop the stupid penaltys even though im sure half were refs wanting to throw the yellow!

If recognizing that this is a team incapable of making the playoffs even if Bledsoe got his act together makes me an apologist, then call me an apologist.

Bledsoe has seen his best days already and even at his best needs an HC like Parcells or BB to make a team a winner with him playing an essential role. However, focusing on his sorry production as the source or the beginning of the Bills problems simply devotes too much time and attention to his play.

As I have said, i think TD made a mistake by not saying sayonara to Drew after last season and using his cap room for investment in a cap casuallty starter and a back-up with some upside to fill the QB position while Losman sits for a year and trues to follow the examples of Vick and Pennington.

However, it sdimply shows a failure to understand pro football to assert that the Bills prolems end or even begin with Bledsoe's sucky play.

This team has not even remotely done what it needs to do in terms of:

1. generating an NFL pass rush from its defensive front four

2. Recovering from a three year vacation at building a credible O-line which suffered under Vinky and Ruel and which JMac has not reversed yet.

3. Simply makes too many critical mistakes at the worst times in terms of the poor discipline showed by the many penalties.

Bledsoe has a role in at least two of these three problems as he is not fleet of foot if your OL sux and as one of the older players on this team, he has to work like the the coaches and front office to bring discipline to this team.

However, it is beyond me how anyone thinks this team would win with Vick, Pennington or virtually anyone else at QB instead of Bledsoe. Even Brady probably wouldn't have fumbled in the 4th quarter, he merely would have been sacked for a big loss o 4th down by an onrushing Teddy Brueschi if he were our QB.

Over focus in Bledsoe whether it is hatred or love is not the answer for this team.

I dont see how anyone can blame today on Drew for that matter any of the three games. I saw one major mistake by Drew and that was 1 INT that maybe might of been Moulds fault not doing right pattern. The REFS cost us 2 games so far in my mind! Jax we should of won but oh well. This team could easily be 3-0 or 2-1 come on now. They showed signs of something today just stop the stupid penaltys even though im sure half were refs wanting to throw the yellow!

54651[/snapback]

I think it was Mould's mistake, because he did the exact same thing again later in the game (turned the pattern in when Drew expected him to turn it out). The second time, Drew was jawing him off the field.

If recognizing that this is a team incapable of making the playoffs even if Bledsoe got his act together makes me an apologist, then call me an apologist.

Bledsoe has seen his best days already and even at his best needs an HC like Parcells or BB to make a team a winner with him playing an essential role. However, focusing on his sorry production as the source or the beginning of the Bills problems simply devotes too much time and attention to his play.

As I have said, i think TD made a mistake by not saying sayonara to Drew after last season and using his cap room for investment in a cap casuallty starter and a back-up with some upside to fill the QB position while Losman sits for a year and trues to follow the examples of Vick and Pennington.

However, it sdimply shows a failure to understand pro football to assert that the Bills prolems end or even begin with Bledsoe's sucky play.

2. Recovering from a three year vacation at building a credible O-line which suffered under Vinky and Ruel and which JMac has not reversed yet.

3. Simply makes too many critical mistakes at the worst times in terms of the poor discipline showed by the many penalties.

Bledsoe has a role in at least two of these three problems as he is not fleet of foot if your OL sux and as one of the older players on this team, he has to work like the the coaches and front office to bring discipline to this team.

However, it is beyond me how anyone thinks this team would win with Vick, Pennington or virtually anyone else at QB instead of Bledsoe. Even Brady probably wouldn't have fumbled in the 4th quarter, he merely would have been sacked for a big loss o 4th down by an onrushing Teddy Brueschi if he were our QB.

Over focus in Bledsoe whether it is hatred or love is not the answer for this team.

I'm not blaming Bledsoe for these 3 losses! Every Bills player deserves a certain percentage of the blame, some more than others...(and TD in my opinion deserves 100% of the blame).

What I'm asking is who still has faith that we can win with Drew as our QB, assuming the OL gels this season and WR's stop dropping balls and Henry/Shelton block etc...?

I for one don't. I had assumed most Bills fans by now don't either. But judging by most of the responses so far, maybe that's not the case. Or maybe it's just a TBD thing.

Oneida Lake, no I do not get any joy from this. Although lately, I have been starting to take these Bills games less seriously than in years past.

BuffaloBob... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

54677[/snapback]

Now why does THIS not surprise me? Now you are showing off your ignorance generally.

Based on the level of your response, I guess I have only one choice for ensuring that you understand me, and that would be to stoop to your level briefly.

SO.............

Right back atchya! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :)

anyone can see that there are more issues contributing to our record than just Bledsoe.....but at the same time, I think Drew is more of a liability than he is an asset. Our offense has been putrid for a while now. It's not like we're in a 'lull' or something.

When RJ was our QB, there were other problems in addition to him as well, yet when Flutie came in all of sudden there was one major difference - we WON a game or two. We are not winning with Bledsoe. The QB is not only the most important position on the team, it's also the most influential. Trying something new just makes more sense than not.

Drew Bledsoe has already surpassed tons of historic marks and he's only 32 years old dude, he is the only reason the Bills DO have a shot at winning some games. He has led a team to the Super Bowl before and he has broken most single season records for the Bills.  He needs the proper game plan and O-Line which is put together by Mularkey and Donohoe.

54608[/snapback]

Does the game plan include him not tripping over his own feet, not throwing grounders to the receivers and not missing guys wide open down the field?

Bledsoe has seen his best days already and even at his best needs an HC like Parcells or BB to make a team a winner with him playing an essential role.  However, focusing on his sorry production as the source or the beginning of the Bills problems simply devotes too much time and attention to his play.

However, it is beyond me how anyone thinks this team would win with Vick, Pennington or virtually anyone else at QB instead of Bledsoe.  Even Brady probably wouldn't have fumbled in the 4th quarter, he merely would have been sacked for a big loss o 4th down by an onrushing Teddy Brueschi if he were our QB.

54670[/snapback]

I have always enjoyed your posts greatly.

I am still trying to figure out "Fake-Fat Sunny"? I know I am slow and not sure if you mentioned it earlier.

Malarkey=Joke=Fake right?

What is the "Fat Sunny?"

I'm not blaming Bledsoe for these 3 losses! Every Bills player deserves a certain percentage of the blame, some more than others...(and TD in my opinion deserves 100% of the blame).

What I'm asking is who still has faith that we can win with Drew as our QB, assuming the OL gels this season and WR's stop dropping balls and Henry/Shelton block etc...?

I for one don't. I had assumed most Bills fans by now don't either. But judging by most of the responses so far, maybe that's not the case. Or maybe it's just a TBD thing.

Oneida Lake, no I do not get any joy from this. Although lately, I have been starting to take these Bills games less seriously than in years past.

54677[/snapback]

I'm with you Kelso, with the Drewster under center we won't even sniff the playoffs. I'm not saying he's to blame for the losses but he's responsible by his own limitations that the offense cannot show flexibilty nor creativity.

He's a one trick pony and he's easy to defend.

So you have a defense that knows where he'll be and what'll he do, that it's just a matter of time in a game where they'll get to him or just wait for him to make a mistake.

Every single snap has to be perfect for him, because he can't create positive plays by his own when something breaks down.

54595[/snapback]

I have not been vocal in his defense, but I have been willing to wait with the hope that Bledsoe would get better. I am done with that now. It is possible tht the Bills or some other team with him at QB might win a few games, but he is no longer a first class quarterback. He needs too much help from the rest of the team, perfect blocking, a great game plan, sturdy defense to make up for miscues. Things that very few if any teams in the NFL can provide anymore, and that the Bills are not going to have.

There is no upside to cintinuing to play Bledsoe and hoping that things will get better. There is no chance the Bills will make the playoffs with him in the backfield. There's not much chance the Bills will make the playoffs this season under any circumstances.

If Losman were healthy I'd have him in there right away. The problem is that Bilsl are in a no-win situation with Bledsoe on this team. They are going to have to get rid of him anyway. Keeping him past this season woudl be a sign of hopelessness, or of terminally bad judgment.

I don't think a change is going to materially affect their record this season, but the Bills should do it just to indicate that they no longer believe Bledsoe has a future on this team.

There are lots of other problems on this team--I am not saying it all falls on Bledsoe's shoulders. But he is never going to take this or any other team to a super bowl, or likely even the playoffs. A guy like Brady is ten times the QB, and Belichek proved he knew what he was doing by cutting Bledsoe loose.

I am happy to "reveal" this secret since it has been discussed before

as with reversed names like yvel vram for our sainted hc of the old days< my name is a reversal of an eminem (mm) tune title

as far as DB goes he has seen his best days but simple honesty (rather than devoting too much focus to db by loving or hating him) needs to recognize that he has played an essemtial role as qb on teams which made the sb with parcells reminding him to throw the damn ball rather than going into his trademark patpatpatsack mode and with bb when he filled in for an injured Brady to win a must win game in their SB run

He deserved his Pro bowl nod in his first season for the bills and deserved to be cut after last season

howeve if a GM chooses to keep him I suggest this only happen under particular circumstances

A do not focus on his play to lead your team_ run and run the ball some more and use the threat of his arm as a changeup

B negotiate a cap friendly deal with him

C get a backup qb capable of leading the team to wins in at least a Reich kind of level

I think if all of the codiciles laid out by Bill from NY were met in term of the team not making stupid plays and my thoughts were met in terms of the team not relying on db but using him as a threat i think this team could make the playoffs with MM pulling off a Parcells like coaching job

However I don"t mistake MM for Parcells>