Our draftees

bizell

How are our new guys doing this year? I know Kyle Williams has been doing exceptionally. I know that Whitner has had to start in place of the injured Bowen, and had several tackles... outside of that, I haven't really heard anything about McCargo or anyone else.

How are our new guys doing this year?  I know Kyle Williams has been doing exceptionally.  I know that Whitner has had to start in place of the injured Bowen, and had several tackles... outside of that, I haven't really heard anything about McCargo or anyone else.

749940[/snapback]

Just like any other draftees....struggling with the new concepts....but showing

flashes of their abilities......It will take them sometime to get adjusted to the

speed of the NFL.

Anybody hear anything about Youboty? Because I don't think I've heard his name since the draft. Talking to my brother yesterday I actually said that either Eric King would take over for Clements next year or we'd have to bring in somebody new, and he had to remind me that Youboty existed.

Anybody hear anything about Youboty? Because I don't think I've heard his name since the draft. Talking to my brother yesterday I actually said that either Eric King would take over for Clements next year or we'd have to bring in somebody new, and he had to remind me that Youboty existed.

750030[/snapback]

The guy was injured into the 1st week of training camp...and recently he has

left camp to be wtih his family due to a death in the family and won't be back

until next week.

In the 1st preseason game, he made a few good plays. It will take a year for

him to transform into a good NFL corner back.

McCargo had a slow start at camp, but Bill Kollar (D-line coach) says he's doing fine. Whitner has been named starter at SS, so the Bills must like him despite his short hold out and having to play catch up. Youboty has turned heads and looks like he's going to be good. Ko Simpson and Kyle Williams have made the biggest initial impressions and are going to make major contributions to the Bills. Butler, Merz and Pennington will be fighting to make the practice squad. Every one of them probably has the potential to develop into an NFL starter, but they are not ready to play yet and Buffalo may not have room on the active roster. Same thing with undrafted rookie receivers Nance and Denney. Neither is without talent and potential, but they are not ready yet to contribute and will probably be competing for one spot on the PS.

well this all leaves me with plenty of optimism for next year.

tons of your good db's, mcargo, tripplett.. next year we can upgrade our WR's and offense in general, and then find someone better than kelsay/denney and we'll have a solid team all around.

... though we might need to replace fletcher :devil: