Some Stats After 2 Preseason Games

Astrobot

Passing Yards--JP is 4th.

Passer Rating--JP is 9th.

Rusher Yards--Willis is 9th.

Receiving Yards--Evans is 6th, Aiken 14th. Evans has the most yards (115) with the least catches (3) in the NFL.

Rushing TD's--We have 3 RB's with 1. No other team has 3 RB's in the top 20.

Only one team --Buffalo-- has 5 different players scoring TD's after 2 games--Evans, Gates, Ricard, McGahee, Fred Jackson.

Moorman is currently 7th in punts. Nick Setta is 22nd, and has NE's Josh Miller beat, 43.2 yards per punt.

Setta is 2nd place in the NFL in Net Average (Nick Harris of DET and Brian Moorman are tied for 1st).

Fast Freddie is 19th in punt returns with a 6.7 average. Rookies on the list include Devin Hester (Bears DB) in 2nd place with 21.7 average and 5'6" RB Cory Ross (Ravens)in 4th place with 15.7 average.

Andre Davis is 21st in the NFL in kickoff returns with a 24.0 average. Rookies are Leon Washington (Jets RB) in 2nd place with 42.3 average, T.J. Rushing (Colts CB) in 3rd place with 41.0 average, and Wendell Mathis (MIN RB) in 9th.

Only 4 teams have 4 different players who've recovered a fumble--BUF (Parrish, Ko Simpson, KiwaukeeThomas, Courtney Watson), BAL, CIN, and NYJ. But 2 of the NYJ and CIN fumble recoveries were by their QB's, and 3 of the BAL fumbles were offense recovering their own fumbles.

Too bad none of this means crap. Anyone recall Frisman Jackson from the Cleveland browns? In last years opener he had 8 catches for 128 yards and a TD. The rest of the season he had 16 catches for 159 yards and no TD's. What I'm trying to say is that preseason means little if nothing, so we shouldn't put too much stock into the stats garnered from it.

Too bad none of this means crap.  Anyone recall Frisman Jackson from the Cleveland browns?  In last years opener he had 8 catches for 128 yards and a TD.  The rest of the season he had 16 catches for 159 yards and no TD's.  What I'm trying to say is that preseason means little if nothing, so we shouldn't put too much stock into the stats garnered from it.

748262[/snapback]

So?

Astrobot took the time to compile these numbers for us because they are fun to kick around as the pre-season goes on.

I appreciate that he took the effort...

So?

Astrobot took the time to compile these numbers for us because they are fun to kick around as the pre-season goes on.

I appreciate that he took the effort...

748315[/snapback]

Me too, but I think questioning the validity of the post is always in order.

Me too, but I think questioning the validity of the post is always in order.

748357[/snapback]

In that case, you have to question the validity of any and all posts on this site and any other site for that matter. After all, 90% of all posts are opinions and who is to say just whose opinions are valid and whose are not. :blush:

In that case, you have to question the validity of any and all posts on this site and any other site for that matter.  After all, 90% of all posts are opinions and who is to say just whose opinions are valid and whose are not. :blush:

748372[/snapback]

Argh! Would you be happier if I said, you would have to question the conclusions one would make after reading those stats?

It's good to see nobody cares.  :flirt:

748723[/snapback]

I think people care, but the post does not draw any conclusions at all. I think that it is good food for thought and while it does not invalidate any negative conclusions drawn about the Bills prospects, it certainly is clearly a recitation of positive stats, but even that stands as a nice compliment to the generally tough judgments of many Bills fans and as an amusing contrast to the WE'RE DOOOOMMEEDDD atitude of many posters.

Any conclusions drawn from these stats are not offered by the author but really come from the minds of the reader.

You can argue with yourself (the chances are higher that you will win) but I'm not sure what conclusions you are fighting.

I'd fall into the camp that says this is a great post. It gives us all some numbers to think about. Are they good, bad, or meaningless? That's up for discussion. Imagine that.

Personally, I think its interesting that although it appears our preseason has been horrid, the individual stats would seem to suggest that we're not as bad as the score of the Bengals game or the 0-2 record would indicate. I find it somewhat encouraging, for example, that JP ranks as highly as his stats indicate. Does it mean he'll be great this season? No. But, I would argue that it does indicate progress on his part.

You can argue with yourself (the chances are higher that you will win) but I'm not sure what conclusions you are fighting.

748876[/snapback]

Damn Pyrite, look at who replied to me with post #16 of the thread. At least you didn't spend an hour responding to my weak attempt at humor. :devil: