OK, so not to be the biggest pessimist ever but...

Matt Schaubb, hands down, no contest.

But that's only if Losman is a complete flop and shows no improvement over last years weeks 2-4.

745165[/snapback]

He'd cost us a first round pick. Atlanta has turned down several 2nd's already.

Me... I was the one yelling for us to draft him a few years ago.

ok ok, obviously theres a flaw in my question in that taking the QB with NFL experience is almost always the better crapshoot than a rookie but recall:

Signing Schaub would mean big, big money and a loss of like 2 high draft picks

745167[/snapback]

When is Schaubb's contract up?

um, hes a RFA at the end of this year

745172[/snapback]

Hmm, well. There's two ways you can take care of that.

You could say forget that and draft a quarterback, or you could insert a poison pill into the contract the way the Vikings did with Steve Hutchinson.

He'd cost us a first round pick. Atlanta has turned down several 2nd's already.

745166[/snapback]

And wasn't he available until the 3rd or 4th round

745166[/snapback]

Welcome to the club. There was two qbs I had my hopes set on in that draft rivers and schaub. I wanted nothing to do with Losman. He scared me cause of how raw he was. I felt he was a kyle boller pat deux, where as Schaub seemed more composed and would be more nfl ready and a easier transition from bledsoe then losman. With that said though. I'm willing to give Losman time, and am encouraged by what I saw in the carolina game he looked a lot more composed then I remember seeing him last season.

Regarding Schaub: When was he drafted and what is the reason besides the one Pats game last year everyone loves him?

745175[/snapback]

Was he drafted around the 6th round? I hope not, as nothing good ever comes out of that round, particularly @ the QB position.

Regarding Schaub: When was he drafted and what is the reason besides the one Pats game last year everyone loves him?

745175[/snapback]

He's looked really good in preseason. Plus, JP sucks because he wasn't lights out in 8 games. And any rookie would obviously come in and do much better than he could possibly ever do. :)

I'd take Quinn over Schaub. Not that Schaub couldn't be a competent starter in this league, but Quinn is going to be the next great QB in the NFL. Mark my words.

If the Falcons were smart, they'd move Vick to WR and have Schaub as their QB. But that will never happen because of the money he generates for the team. It would be a smart football move for them, but a bad business decision.

2007 Starting QB for the Bills:

-Brady Quinn

-Brian Brohm

-Matt Schaub

-JP Losman

***assume an average year of 2300+yds and maybe 13 tds/8 int and obviously not a large progression out of Losman and a Top 5 Draft pick.

745164[/snapback]

I think you're pretty low in your projections for JP, considering last year in 8 games (not even full games) he had 1340 yards thats an average of 167 yds/game. Your estimates above would be only 147 yds/game. As bad as our QB play was last year, they still managed 2700 yards between the two of them. Your pretty much looking at a disaster of a year for JP and absolutely no improvement. I would at least suspect minimal improvement.

If he finishes with only 2300 yards, I would officially say he isn't going to make it on this team and its time to cut ties with him and its time to look at Brady Quinn and another 3 years of development for him.

To be honest, I'm looking for about 3000 yards from JP and 1/1 TD to int ratio. I wouldn't be ecstatic, but I'd be pleased that he is getting better and I think that would bode well for next year.

To be honest, I'm looking for about 3000 yards from JP and 1/1 TD to int ratio.  I wouldn't be ecstatic, but I'd be pleased that he is getting better and I think that would bode well for next year.

745509[/snapback]

JP prediction this year 24 TD's 17 INT's. :)