Losman and Fowler battle

JoeF

On the chess board.....from Chris Brown's Blog

LOSMAN-FOWLER BATTLE: Apparently there is one competition that Losman is losing right now and it's to center Melvin Fowler in chess. When asked about it last night Losman said.

“Melvin Fowler was on the chess team at Maryland. His mom told me that and spilled the beans and I can’t compete with that. He gave me a little chess book to get better so I’m going to peek into that every once in a while and see if I can beat him.”

Good to see him bonding in other ways with his o-line. Again maturity and recognizing the importance of that QB - O-line relationship.

Okay-- our starting center was on the chess team at Maryland...hmmmmmm..I prefer to go the route that he is a deep thinker always one step a head of the competition...that's the way I prefer to think about this....

Okay-- our starting center was on the chess team at Maryland...hmmmmmm..I prefer to go the route that he is a deep thinker always one step a head of the competition...that's the way I prefer to think about this....

744012[/snapback]

:blush::blush::doh:

744012[/snapback]

I prefer to go the route that he's just a big dork not that theres anything wrong wit that.... But good to see Losman and the starting center bonding. Nothing is more important then the relationship between the oline and the quaterback.

744012[/snapback]

Oh great...that's just great. Any of our starting guards in the Math Club?

What the !@#$ is wrong with chess?

Hell, for that matter, what the !@#$ is wrong with math?  Or am I the only one here that knows the MIT fight song?

744031[/snapback]

Nothing's wrong with either - weak attempt at humor on my part.

(MIT has a fight song?)

:blush:

What the !@#$ is wrong with chess?

Hell, for that matter, what the !@#$ is wrong with math?  Or am I the only one here that knows the MIT fight song?

744031[/snapback]

I think I know the school cheer...--- Sine, Cosine, Derivatives and probability--come on team impress them with our fragility????

Nothing's wrong with either - weak attempt at humor on my part.

(MIT has a fight song?)

744039[/snapback]

"e to the u, du, dx.

e to the x, dx.

Secant, tangent, cosine, sine,

Cube root, square root, log base e,

Cheers for math at MIT."

Though I've seen maybe two dozen variants on the last two lines.

Most people at MIT, when they hear the fight song, are more shocked to hear they have a football team...

On the chess board.....from Chris Brown's Blog

LOSMAN-FOWLER BATTLE: Apparently there is one competition that Losman is losing right now and it's to center Melvin Fowler in chess. When asked about it last

-----------------------------

---------------------------------

AGREE! I would like for my center to be an moron cut blocking SOB -- not a guy wearing a smoking jacket and puffing on a pipe while reading Yeats...

Maryland could be a strange school...Maybe being a football player wasn't working for him, so he joined the chess team to score some kitty.

744025[/snapback]

I heard that Bobby Fisher wa a magnet for groupies and his #'s rival Wilt the Stilt's.

"e to the u, du, dx.

e to the x, dx.

Secant, tangent, cosine, sine,

Cube root, square root, log base e,

Cheers for math at MIT."

744050[/snapback]

I think that's the most depressing thing I've ever heard.

Oh...and chess rocks!

I'm stretching my memory here but I recall that the top 4 average I.Q. by possition in the NFL were the 3 O-Line possitions & QB with center being #1.

Who wants a smart center?

When did brains ever hinder anyone....in anything?

Surely this is only a good thing.

I'm stretching my memory here but I recall that the top 4 average I.Q. by possition in the NFL were the 3 O-Line possitions & QB with center being #1.

Who wants a smart center?

744117[/snapback]

no doubt. still funny to poke fun at the guy. you know, you think of the 'hogs' and smelly greasy lineman -- not book worms. but its all good.

Like you, I'm of the opinions that having (& using :blush: ) brain power is always a good thing.

However, I think it was last year, a discussion came out that some teams have target Wonderlics for various positions. In other words, there's some positions where they ideally want someone that doesn't go ABOVE their target.

Like you, I'm of the opinions that having (& using  :blush: ) brain power is always a good thing.

However, I think it was last year, a discussion came out that some teams have target Wonderlics for various positions.  In other words, there's some positions where they ideally want someone that doesn't go ABOVE their target.

744177[/snapback]

...as in "Coach. I want to kill. Kill! KILL!!!! KILL!!!! KILL!!!! KILL!!!!"

*pant*

*pant*

"KILL!!!!"