BRING BACK THE NO HUDDLE

major

People forget that Jim Kelly had a full mastery of the Bills ofense, and had the poise to read a defense at the line of scimmage, then call the appropriate play in an audible. You kind of need those skills to run a No-huddle full time.

So you are saying you want to put even more pressure on Losman? Not only does he have to read the D, he has to pick the right play at the line scrimmage??? Yeah, rrrigghhht!

PTR

People forget that Jim Kelly had a full mastery of the Bills ofense, and had the poise to read a defense at the line of scimmage, then call the appropriate play in an audible.  You kind of need those skills to run a No-huddle full time.

So you are saying you want to put even more pressure on Losman? Not only does he have to read the D, he has to pick the right play at the line scrimmage???  Yeah, rrrigghhht!

PTR

742521[/snapback]

People also forget that defenses have gotten more complex and Jim had a hell of a hard time reading defenses those last few years. On top of that, he had a wall for an offensive line and HOF receivers and RB.

This ain't that team or era.

People also forget that defenses have gotten more complex and Jim had a hell of a hard time reading defenses those last few years. On top of that, he had a wall for an offensive line and HOF receivers and RB.

This ain't that team or era.

742525[/snapback]

I think the scheme they were running had a lot to do with Jims play those last few years

Shofner was calling the pass plays, Bresnehan called the running plays and Marv called all the short yardage plays which turned out to be one play everytime...Metz in motion, came back and blocked up the middle for a run...same thing everytime

3 guys calling plays and they were still trying to run the no huddle...how dumb was that

Losman seemed to run the two minute drill real nicely against the Panthers last night. I say we bring back the no huddle attack of the 90's and see what Losman can do with it. What do we have to lose?

742508[/snapback]

Giving offenses 5 to 10 extra minutes a game with the ball doesn't sound like something we should do.

Losman seemed to run the two minute drill real nicely against the Panthers last night. I say we bring back the no huddle attack of the 90's and see what Losman can do with it. What do we have to lose?

742508[/snapback]

I'm all for a hurry-up offense - but only occasionally - perhaps 4 or 5 snaps per game. 2 minute drills are something different (thanks in my view to stupidity on the part of defensive coordinators).

IMO, best used during the game around the 50 yard line, where mistakes don't put you in a hole in your own territory, or knock you out of favorable FG position.

This offense would get creamed trying to run the no-huddle offense ;)

742604[/snapback]

You never know. Losman looked good running it in the Carolina game last year. Then they went away from it. The bigger problem is, while it's exciting for us fans, it's murder on the defense. I don't think we want them out there for a less balanced amount of time. And I see Jauron moving towards a TOP/ball control offense with the short passes and screens (!), runs, and a few good looks downfield.

Give Jim the credit, he called the plays from the 20 to the 20, he worked Ted Marchabroda's system to perfection. JP has yet to show the football smarts and maturity to run the no huddle... and less we forget one of the most beautiful O-lines ever!