Galleria Mall...new chain restaurants

LabattBlue

But again, that's the thing that makes them different from all other chains, and what separates them from fads like Krispy Kreme. They have a successful business model of 58 years. They aren't a gimmicky new thing or taste that people are jumping all over like KK. They have already grown nice and slow for six decades. I am not advocating they go public, but if they do I doubt they would change one thing. They are just in CA, NV and AZ.

743275[/snapback]

Piss off :( I work for KK and while it may seem like a fad, it's been around a very long time. Doughnuts have in fact been around for a very long time and are not about to disappear despite Adkins, low carbs and blah blah blah.

Undeniably the KK business model may have had some issues, but the product doesn't.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Piss off  :(  I work for KK and while it may seem like a fad, it's been around a very long time. Doughnuts have in fact been around for a very long time and are not about to disappear despite Adkins, low carbs and blah blah blah.

Undeniably the KK business model may have had some issues, but the product doesn't.

743386[/snapback]

Still a fad. I had KK a long time ago, and they're pretty good. But it was still something that people suddenly got gaga over and it spread quickly like a disease. They started showing up everywhere and then no one went. That's a fad. In-n-out isn't anything of the sort. The restaurants have always been packed wherever they were, there just wasn't a lot of them.

Still a fad. I had KK a long time ago, and they're pretty good. But it was still something that people suddenly got gaga over and it spread quickly like a disease. They started showing up everywhere and then no one went. That's a fad.

743468[/snapback]

True enough. But the reason no one goes to the stores anymore was a company direction that sent us into convenience stores and grocery stores. Same amount of product, but brought to the masses instead of them coming in. However, there is nothing better than coming in and getting them when they're hot.

True enough. But the reason no one goes to the stores anymore was a company direction that sent us into convenience stores and grocery stores. Same amount of product, but brought to the masses instead of them coming in. However, there is nothing better than coming in and getting them when they're hot.

743474[/snapback]

I'd rather have Tim Horton's anyway. We don't have Timmy's in the Cleveland area (and there's only one Krispy Kreme).

As far as the restaurants are concerned, Hyde Park Steakhouse is an upscale chain with an expensive menu, similar to Morton's. I've never been to one, but my brother has, and he says the food is very good, if pricey. Hyde Park is HQed here in Cleveland.

I'm not crazy about the Cheesecake Factory, except for the cheesecake. I think that's the one thing they do well. Everything else there is mediocre.

Mike

743474[/snapback]

How's that stragedy working out?

How's that stragedy working out?

743780[/snapback]

It keeps me gainfully employed :( and it is our core business now.

We are a different animal compared to Horton's and Dunkin. We have good doughnuts and they have good coffee! :ph34r:

Buckeye Mike you cant be serious about Timmy Ho's for doughnuts. Coffee I understand but not their frozen doughnuts.

I didn't mean to hi jack this thread either, and I am looking forward to having some better dining options available to us.

Horton's doughnuts are barely edible. Their coffee is good, but for some reason they can't make it consistantly good. I never know what I'm going to get.

KK is fine (too sweet), but you can't beat DD when it comes to mass produced doughnuts and consistantly good coffee.

Piss off  :blush:  I work for KK and while it may seem like a fad, it's been around a very long time. Doughnuts have in fact been around for a very long time and are not about to disappear despite Adkins, low carbs and blah blah blah.

743386[/snapback]

just like a lot of companies, KK shulda stayed private. To much emphasis on quaterly numbers made them do some things they shouldn't have, and greedy insiders made out with the corporation paying franchise owners(high up insiders) more to buy the franchises out than they were worth.

I personally detest KK doughnuts, (still miss my DiCamillos), but dam my five and seven yr ols could eat em all day

Cheesecake Factory is more expensive than Applebee's or other chain restaurants.  Lunch for 2 costing around $30 sounds about right.  It's a great restaurant but you do have to pay more.  I think it's worth it.

It's just not a place you can go to all the time.

743019[/snapback]

Applebee's is also the home of the $7 stomach-ache.

That place is the nadir of the chain restaurant industry, and that's saying something.