Thumbs up, thumbs down

bluenews

Thumbs Up

Carolina first team offense/defense

Bills kicking game (Ryan Lindell)

Kyle Williams

JP Losman (made some good plays/needs to use mobility more)

Dick Jauron (Good game and clock management)

Lionel Gates

Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner

Sam Aiken

Thumbs Down

Bills first team offense/defense

Punting/Brian Moorman (A couple of poor punts and a block)

Larry Triplet (did he play?)

Steve Fairchld (game plan lacked any flavor)

TV Announcers (worst game I've ever heard annouced on TV)

Peerless Price and Lee Evans (see Steve Fairchild)

Terrance McGee

Thumbs Down

Bills first team offense/defense

Punting/Brian Moorman (A couple of poor punts and a block)

Larry Triplet (did he play?)

Steve Fairchld (game plan lacked any flavor)

TV Announcers (worst game I've ever heard annouced on TV)

Peerless Price and Lee Evans (see Steve Fairchild)

Terrance McGee

742167[/snapback]

This was their first live action in a new system...You cannot expect

miracles out of that.......Also, the game plan is going to be vanilla...

So I wouldn't worry if certain players don't show up in the stats....

Was the INT that KH threw more out of pressure, that he had to

make plays downfield rather than dink and dunk ?

Also, I think McNally is WAY Overrated.......The guy is not able to

get to the mental aspects of our OL......The constant penalties

by the OL that is continuig is a concern.....that is something the

coaching staff has to get it right....and we haven't done it in year...

and McNally has been here for 4 years now....and not much

success in that department....

Preseason offense is always vanilla. The first team offense and defense looked like they were struggling with new playbook. Holcomb was atrocious. The starting O-line remains a serious problem that I can't see improving much before the opener. I liked Losman's mobility. With a turnstile for a line, they're going to need a more mobile quarterback. Looks like we may see a little more from the TE's this year. I liked that...more options. Seemed like there were a lot of openings in the middle of defense in the cover-2. If that's by design, opponents will have no problem exploiting that defense. Kyle Williams was relentless at times. Looks like a good player. I thought Lionel Gates played pretty well. Sam Aiken played well on both offense and ST. Other than that, not much more to get excited about. Hopefully, we'll see improvement next week. I think we've all lowered our expectations. I certainly have.

Positives for me were that most of the young guys showed they can play. McCargo, Williams, Simpson, Whitner, and Ellison made some nice plays. Youboty may take a little more time, but Greer and King looked good. I like the WR's (Evans, Price, Parrish, and Reed with Royal and Everett at TE has some nice potential) and RB's as well. But it will be a tough and improbable getting to 8-8 with the inconsistent QB and OL play. If Losman or perhaps Nall can develop some consistency, the Bills could become a tough team to play by the 2nd half. It may be early to write Holcomb off, but he simply limits the offense so much without having to be respected more than 10 yards downfield.

Kyle Williams was relentless at times.  Looks like a good player.  I thought Lionel Gates played pretty well.  Sam Aiken played well on both offense and ST.  Other than that, not much more to get excited about.  Hopefully, we'll see improvement next week.  I think we've all lowered our expectations.  I certainly have.

742194[/snapback]

My expectations couldn't get any lower. I am hoping that Marv and Dick have an understanding with Ralph that this is JP's year to prove whether he is capable or not. That should have been last year but we had lame ducks trying to save their jobs.

I think Kyle Williams may have just moved up the depth chart. They may not admit to it yet but I like what I saw. Gates has to be the #2, and Willis shouldn't get too comfy because after this year he may be gonzo. Aiken and Evans are the only sure things to make this roster at the WR spot. Marv loves his special teams guys and he has his ace with # 89. Sam also seems to be developing a realtionship with JP. I would love to see Aiken in the starting lineup because of his size but I can't see that happening.