Charlotte Observer beat writer says...

Slightly offtopic, but I'm a big Minnesota Wild fan, since they were formed while I was living here.  I still love the Sabres, and root for them when the two play, but the Wild are my 1b team - I'd equate them to brother/sister rather than cousin, for me.

742207[/snapback]

Bah, I wish I could get over the chip on my shoulder and like the damn Thrashers! :D I just can't get over that "Hockey in The South" paradox. I love hockey, Atlanta isn't a bad area to live.. add the two together? Yeah, not so much. The Caniac Experience earlier this year solidified that a bit.

Bottom line for me is that I think I'm 100% WNY. I still buy the mustard and the BBQ sauce, pull for the teams, and B word about the insane August heat 'round here.

-Jeff

Slightly offtopic, but I'm a big Minnesota Wild fan, since they were formed while I was living here.  I still love the Sabres, and root for them when the two play, but the Wild are my 1b team - I'd equate them to brother/sister rather than cousin, for me.

742207[/snapback]

By the way, explain to me what a "Wild" is? Dumbest name in all of sports.

Bah, I wish I could get over the chip on my shoulder and like the damn Thrashers!  <_<  I just can't get over that "Hockey in The South" paradox.  I love hockey, Atlanta isn't a bad area to live.. add the two together? Yeah, not so much.

I think I got drawn in beacuse Minnesota is a HUGE hockey town -- the colletga games alone can sell out the Xcel Energy Center (18,000+). They treat hockey like Buffalo treats football.

By the way, explain to me what a "Wild" is? Dumbest name in all of sports.

People in Minnesota are big into the outdoors - there's tons of fishing, hiking, camping, hunting, etc. A vast majority of people have cabins up north in the "wild" -- boundary waters of Canada, woods up north, etc. So Wild is a way of life here and actually fits pretty well.

You think most of the country thinks the "Bills" are a good name? :D;)

While this guy was writing this bs, I was in his bedroom banging his wife....

This just in...... Your wife is a pig!

742072[/snapback]

You should have done him the favor of shaving her back while you were at it.

Longtime Bills fan here....that guy gave the Bills too much credit. I don't think they win 3 games, let alone 4. Face it people- Bills are in a MAJOR REBUILDING mode. I don't like them any less, I will watch and listen to every game and the pre & post game and talk shows as well. I just do not have any delusions that they will be a playoff team or even have a winning record. They have a ton of good, young players that need to develop while many more other changes need to be made. I don't mind getting in on the ground floor again. They will be fantastic in 2-3 years. At least there is a clear direction now and no more TD/MM garbage.

742180[/snapback]

Probably the best post I've observed in quite sometime on 2BD (as I'm basically a "watcher"). Most posters ("fans") are forgetting who the GM is and the connection to his hand picked head coach. When ML was the coach at Buffalo, winning seasons did not come right away. There's going to be a number of growth seasons under Levy & Jauron. 2006 will be an evaluation season. Many, many changes will occur, some welcomed & others not at all popular. Likewise, many key players will emerge and some will become major names in the NFL. 2-3 years from now the team you see this season will look quite different and 180 degrees better! Those of you who are looking for the quick turnaround are going to be sadly disappointed. But have faith...a plan is definitely in place!

Probably the best post I've observed in quite sometime on 2BD (as I'm basically a "watcher").  Most posters ("fans") are forgetting who the GM is and the connection to his hand picked head coach.  When ML was the coach at Buffalo, winning seasons did not come right away.  There's going to be a number of growth seasons under Levy & Jauron.  2006 will be an evaluation season.  Many, many changes will occur, some welcomed & others not at all popular.  Likewise, many key players will emerge and some will become major names in the NFL.  2-3 years from now the team you see this season will look quite different and 180 degrees better!  Those of you who are looking for the quick turnaround are going to be sadly disappointed. But have faith...a plan is definitely in place!

742494[/snapback]

Probably the worst post I've observed in quite some time. Your Nostradamus attempt leaves much to be desired. I just don't get posters like you who think the Bills are one of the worst teams in the league. My advice is to take another look at their roster. The Bills have a very good mix of tough pro bowl veterans and talented young players ready to hit their strides. Add to this mix a coach who isn't the panty waist Malarkey was and you get a team that's on the verge of proving the doubters (like you) wrong. Does this team have a few question marks? Of course they do, so do 31 other NFL teams. They'll take about 6 weeks to gel, but when they do they'll come on strong and make a playoff push. We can revisit this post around week 12 to see who looks better at predicting the 2006 Bills. BTW, I don't need posters like you telling me to have faith when you don't have any faith from the get go.

Longtime Bills fan here....that guy gave the Bills too much credit. I don't think they win 3 games, let alone 4. Face it people- Bills are in a MAJOR REBUILDING mode. I don't like them any less, I will watch and listen to every game and the pre & post game and talk shows as well. I just do not have any delusions that they will be a playoff team or even have a winning record. They have a ton of good, young players that need to develop while many more other changes need to be made. I don't mind getting in on the ground floor again. They will be fantastic in 2-3 years. At least there is a clear direction now and no more TD/MM garbage.

742180[/snapback]

Wow after one Preseason game against a top NFC team, you pronounce them a 3-13 team?

What do you mean by long time fan, 3 days?

Scratch that, you are just trying to be a realist. 0:)

I'd equate them to brother/sister rather than cousin, for me.

742207[/snapback]

Welcome to the south they dont mess with cousins since brother or sisters are ok 0:);)

I have to admit that the Hurricanes were my 1B team but after the playoffs last year they and there fans can rot in hell. I have a canes jersey, I got for free, I am thinking of setting it on fire as they raise the cup banner opening night. I keep watch on the panters in small pic in pic mode since many of my buddies are panthers. However I wont root for them to win a superbowl UNTIl the Bills finally have

I have to agree with the writer of that article, I also think Buffalo will be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year if not the worst.

Is there a difference between worse and worst?  0:)

742169[/snapback]

Profootballtalk.com has the Bills ranked #32 in the NFL. Yes, it's only August, but I don't expect much this year either

While this guy was writing this bs, I was in his bedroom banging his wife....

This just in...... Your wife is a pig!

742072[/snapback]

BS? Did you see anything that indicated that the Bills will not be one of the worst teams in the NFL? They will be lucky to win three games this year.

BS? Did you see anything that indicated that the Bills will not be one of the worst teams in the NFL? They will be lucky to win three games this year.

742984[/snapback]

Lucky to win 3 games, huh? Will you place a bet with me? We can set the bar at 3.5 wins:

If the Bills win 3 or less games this year I'll give $50 to Hunter's Hope in the name of Red Dragon.

If they win 4 or more games, will you donate $50 to Hunter's Hope in the name of Matt in DC?

Deal?

Lucky to win 3 games, huh?  Will you place a bet with me?  We can set the bar at 3.5 wins:

If the Bills win 3 or less games this year I'll give $50 to Hunter's Hope in the name of Red Dragon.

If they win 4 or more games, will you donate $50 to Hunter's Hope in the name of Matt in DC?

Deal?

743016[/snapback]

Take a look at the schedule, and perhaps you can let me know which games they will win.

Since the Bills are incapable of winning on the road, there are eight losses just at first glance, but I do think they will beat Houston (although they barely beat them last year at home). I think they will beat the Jets and Titans at home, but do not have enough talent to beat any playoff teams, so you can put New England, Jacksonville and San Diego into the loss column. Regarding the other home games against teams that had winning records, Miami and Minnesota, the Bills aren't talented enough to beat them either. The only other game they have at home against a team with a comparable 2005 won-loss recored is Green Bay, but I still don't think the Bills can win this one either, probably because of the difference in the level of quarterbacking between both teams.

Take a look at the schedule,  and perhaps you can let me know which games they will win.

Since the Bills are incapable of winning on the road, there are eight losses just at first glance, but I do think they will beat Houston (although they barely beat them last year at home). I think they will beat the Jets and Titans at home, but do not have enough talent to beat any playoff teams, so you can put New England, Jacksonville and San Diego into the loss column. Regarding the other home games against teams that had winning records, Miami and Minnesota, the Bills aren't talented enough to beat them either. The only other game they have at home against a team with a comparable 2005 won-loss recored is Green Bay, but I still don't think the Bills can win this one either, probably because of the difference in the level of quarterbacking between both teams.

743822[/snapback]

If your so confident strik a deal :(

Take a look at the schedule,  and perhaps you can let me know which games they will win.

743822[/snapback]

Sorry for the delay responding. We have a new baby in the house (1 month old) and am often tied up, and other times just trying to catch up on sleep.

I've watched enough football to know predicting wins and loses, especially this far ahead of time, is very hard. I personally think the Bills will win 7 games this year, +/- 2 games.

If you'll take my $50 bet above, I'd certainly consider adding on additional bets about winning on the road or beating playoff teams (I think we'll probably manage both this year).

So, is the bet on?