Bengals set up a phone number for fan complaints.

Fans who are being annoyed by bad behavior in the stands can now report it by cell phone. Using too much foul language will draw a warning, if continued, can lead to being ejected and loss of season ticket license. More serious offenses could result in an arrest. When fans report promblems like threats, fights, or drunkenness, then security officials will use the stadium's video cameras to focus on the offenders and then respond.

What a great move by the Bengals to try and provide a safer enviroment. This should help the people who would like to bring their childrn to a football game but fear for their welfare. Maybe the new commissioner will take bigger steps in stadium security. It's an issue that has only been minimized, not conquered.

The hotline will consist of Bengals fans calling about Steelers fans...it'll be idle most of the year otherwise.

739037[/snapback]

Having dealt w/ Steelers fans both @ RICH and in Pittsburgh, I've never seen them any worse than our own...

We need this at the Ralph.  Some fans there have really turned into A-holes over the years.

739052[/snapback]

Precisely.

Having dealt w/ Steelers fans both @ RICH and in Pittsburgh, I've never seen them any worse than our own...

739098[/snapback]

Its a bit different here in Cincy...but what can you expect when the city forgets it has a football team for 13 years and Steelers fans have pretty much taken over the stadium every season due to lack of interest on the part of Bengals "fans". Now that the Bengals are "good" again, people want to go to the games and not have to deal with them...

Bengals/Steelers = Bills/Jets when it comes to rowdiness in the stands during the game

It's not just a particular stadium that has these issues, it's most, if not all stadiums.

When you mix alcohol and competition, it's a dangerous combination.

I know that the Bengals have more than their share of woes right now but I do believe that Coach Lewis is putting forth great effort in restoring the respectability to their franchise. The same can be said with GM Levy right now also with his efforts in obtaining high character personnel/players. The situation to the thuggery and rowdiness that occurs in the stands is not a easy, nor quick solution but it does need to be address in a way that provides better results. The entertainment of a live game should be enjoyed by ALL, not by just a percentage.

It's not just a particular stadium that has these issues, it's most, if not all stadiums.

When you mix alcohol and competition, it's a dangerous combination.

I know that the Bengals have more than their share of woes right now but I do believe that Coach Lewis is putting forth great effort in restoring the respectability to their franchise. The same can be said with GM Levy right now also with his efforts in obtaining high character personnel/players. The situation to the thuggery and rowdiness that occurs in the stands is not a easy, nor quick solution but it does need to be address in a way that provides better results. The entertainment of a live game should be enjoyed by ALL, not by just a percentage.

739147[/snapback]

Good point.

When it goes beyond just wanting to see your team, or wanting to see your friends, or even wanting to have a few drinks to "wanting to get trashed" (why anyone wants to get so drunk that you have no control over your actions is beyond me) @ the game, that is where the problems start.

Good point. 

When it goes beyond just wanting to see your team, or wanting to see your friends, or even wanting to have a few drinks to "wanting to get trashed" (why anyone wants to get so drunk that you have no control over your actions is beyond me) @ the game, that is where the problems start.

739152[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more, except with one exception. Every once in a while you might sit near a quiet drunk. The guy that just kinda sits there, leaning slightly to the right, staring at the field with a glazed look in his eye while his buddies make fun of him in between plays. Those guys I don't mind so much, it is the angry ones I hate.

Be careful of what you speak. Buffalo by no means provides a safe enviroment. Back in the early '90s I was at a Buffalo/Philly game and a fight broke out. The Buffalo fan promptly stomped the Eagles's fan. As the security guards finally pulled the Buffalo fan off him and dragged him away, he smiled. The thing that was disturbing was he was wearing a mouthpiece. The guy was a "professional" fan.

Another game around that time that I was at I witnessed four or five twenty-something year olds pelt an eight year old kid with a bunch of peanuts. The father was incessed and tried to climb the few rows behind him to get to these punks. I'll never forget that scene and knew right then and there that I could never take one of my children to a live game.

It's not just in Buffalo, it's all of the stadiums that don't provide enough security for the welfare of the whole. Does anyone remember the Pittsburgh fan who was at a Raiders' game back in the mid to later '90s and got hit with a battery? The guy landed up dying. No, safety in the stands needs to be recognized.

Be careful of what you speak. Buffalo by no means provides a safe enviroment. Back in the early '90s I was at a Buffalo/Philly game and a fight broke out. The Buffalo fan promptly stomped the Eagles's fan. As the security guards finally pulled the Buffalo fan off him and dragged him away, he smiled. The thing that was disturbing was he was wearing a mouthpiece. The guy was a "professional" fan.

Another game around that time that I was at I witnessed four or five twenty-something year olds pelt an eight year old kid with a bunch of peanuts. The father was incessed and tried to climb the few rows behind him to get to these punks. I'll never forget that scene and knew right then and there that I could never take one of my children to a live game.

It's not just in Buffalo, it's all of the stadiums that don't provide enough security for the welfare of the whole. Does anyone remember the Pittsburgh fan who was at a Raiders' game back in the mid to later '90s and got hit with a battery? The guy landed up dying. No, safety in the stands needs to be recognized.

739362[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but this is a crock of schitt. If you go looking for trouble, you find it. If you mind your own business, you're safe to attend a professional sporting event -- with your children.

This post started about the Bengals trying to increase security in their stadium and landed up dragging in their players and their moral issues. How that happen is beyond me but whatever.

I posted this because I thought that this was a great step in the right direction for security while attending a game. I have witnessed several VERY undesirable incidences while at a game, and not just at a Bills' game either. I've been to a few games in both Miami and Tampa and they have their share of issues also.

This post started about the Bengals trying to increase security in their stadium and landed up dragging in their players and their moral issues. How that happen is beyond me but whatever.

739460[/snapback]

PLEASE tell me you see the irony in a team creating a fan complaint hotline while their own players populate the criminal court dockets.

We need this at the Ralph.  Some fans there have really turned into A-holes over the years.

739052[/snapback]

The Bills have had one these past couple of years.....

Page 21 of the Buffalo Bills 2006 Stadium Guide...

Game Day Fan Hotline

The Game Day Fan Hotline, (716) 312-8933, is a direct line for guests to call on Game Day if they need immediate assistance or see a potential problem within their area.

Thanks Jack. I will stuff that number in my wallet for when I bring the wife and kids up there for the Green Bay game.

The Bills have had one these past couple of years.....

Page 21 of the Buffalo Bills 2006 Stadium Guide...

Game Day Fan Hotline

The Game Day Fan Hotline, (716) 312-8933, is a direct line for guests to call on Game Day if they need immediate assistance or see a potential problem within their area.

740318[/snapback]

udonkey shouldn't go around publishing his home phone number on websites.  :devil:

Mike

739466[/snapback]

Shouldn't you be too busy worrying about Kellen Winslow's next accident than to be hanging out on a Bills board still?

Fans who are being annoyed by bad behavior in the stands can now report it by cell phone. Using too much foul language will draw a warning, if continued, can lead to being ejected and loss of season ticket license. More serious offenses could result in an arrest. When fans report promblems like threats, fights, or drunkenness, then security officials will use the stadium's video cameras to focus on the offenders and then respond.

What a great move by the Bengals to try and provide a safer enviroment. This should help the people who would like to bring their childrn to a football game but fear for their welfare. Maybe the new commissioner will take bigger steps in stadium security. It's an issue that has only been minimized, not conquered.

739029[/snapback]

You know with nationwide long distance as part of most cellular plans nowadays I think some fun could be had with this phone number.

As long as we got a copy of the seating chart we could overwhelm them with complaints on Sundays. This could be quite fun.

I guess it would suck to be a security guard there though.

Still an idea.