Maurice Clarett

I'm glad he got in trouble while he was still in school. It appears he can't stay out of trouble so it was most likely going to happen sometime. I'm just glad he didn't get the chance to fleece some NFL team for a few mill first...

Plus, since he never really made it big, he won't get superstar legal treatment. He might actually have to pay for his crimes instead of doing a few dozen hours of community service.

I live in Youngstown, where Maurice is from, and I can say that no one here

is suprised.

Ultimately it's his fault, but he's been told he's the second coming of Barry Sanders since he was about 12 years old.

Rumors were that the high school he "attended" actually was paying the mortgage

on his parent's house. Plus, throw in all the praise heaped on him from the colleges during the recruiting process, and all hype once he got to Ohio State, and the seeds were sown.

I also think he knows now what he's thrown away. This latest incident sounds like an act of desperation. Maybe he was trying to "fit in" with one of the local gangs.

Truly sad.

I live in Youngstown, where Maurice is from, and I can say that no one here

is suprised. 

Ultimately it's his fault, but he's been told he's the second coming of Barry Sanders since he was about 12 years old. 

Rumors were that the high school he "attended" actually was paying the mortgage

on his parent's house.  Plus, throw in all the praise heaped on him from the colleges during the recruiting process, and all hype once he got to Ohio State, and the seeds were sown.

I also think he knows now what he's thrown away.  This latest incident sounds like an act of desperation.  Maybe he was trying to "fit in" with one of the local gangs.

Truly sad.

739132[/snapback]

I think Mo's basic problem was he saw his buddy LeBron James getting all the bling and he started wondering, "Where's mine?"

If he had spent two more years in college, he'd now be preparing for his second year as an NFL running back, and probably well on his way to being a star. Instead, he's gonna be starting for the Mean Machine.

Mike

Huh. I didn't know this....

"He plans to play for the Mahoning Valley Hitmen, one of five teams in the Eastern Indoor Football League. The team, based in Youngstown, is to begin play in January."

How appropriate. :rolleyes:

My local radio news claims the judge set his bail at 2.5 million.

Let's see...3 short arms, an assault rifle, bulletproof vest, bottle of vodka, several proirs, fleeing, running over stop sticks, tussling with the police, was on his way to a witness's house.. :rolleyes:

740006[/snapback]

Yahoo says $5 million...

What an ass