Holcomb just knocked himself out.

If JP learns the game well enough to slow it down in his brain he can make the reads necessary to dump it off either for a couple of yards and we live to fight another play or for a big gain from run after the catch.  He needs to stop depending on his athleticism and ability he developed to make something happen which he learned running for his life behind the Tulane line and instead learn to let the game come to him, count on his teammates and really take the substantial amount the opposing D gives us.

739063[/snapback]

All your points are valid.....If JP nails down the intermediate/short routes and

consistently throws them without hestitation, I think he wins this battle hands

down just from the point that he can also make the big throws and he is

young and could be the future of the franchise....

However if JP is inconsistent with the short/intermeidate throws, KH will

nail this job from the coaching staffs view....because he never misses those

throws...

throws...

739089[/snapback]

[/quote/]

Really? I didn't know he had a 100% completion rate. Who WAS that person wearing his jersey at camp then?

Do you actually believe that statement?

I don't see KH as the guy to improve the team. The interceptions are somewhat indicative of what everyone recognizes as the problem with him as a starter. Now the point to consider is that KH's weakness doesn't make JP any better. I'm more interested in in how JP performs from here on out. This is not going to be a very pretty season, but if anything we will have a good sense whether JP is the answer. I think we pretty much know the KH is not the answer.

throws...

739089[/snapback]

[/quote/]

Really? I didn't know he had a 100% completion rate. Who WAS that person wearing his jersey at camp then?

Do you actually believe that statement?

739094[/snapback]

Oh Boy....talk about nit-picking.....What I really meant is that he has a pretty

high completion success with the short throws.....

BTW, I am one of the biggest proponents of JP on this forum....and I think

KH is not the future of this franchise....What I was trying to articulate is what

the coaches might be thinking and how they might be approaching this whole

QB situation....

I want JP to win this job outright and the easiest way is for him to make all

throws (short/midrange/long) on a consistent basis....Everything else will

take care of itself.

Oh Boy....talk about nit-picking.....What I really meant is that he has a pretty

high completion success with the short throws.....

BTW, I am one of the biggest proponents of JP on this forum....and I think

KH is not the future of this franchise....What I was trying to articulate is what

the coaches might be thinking and how they might be approaching this whole

QB situation....

I want JP to win this job outright and the easiest way is for him to make all

throws (short/midrange/long) on a consistent basis....Everything else will

take care of itself.

739099[/snapback]

When you use the word 'never' there is one meaning in my lexicon.

At any rate my difference with you is more than a nit. Holcomb's record indicates he is somewhat more accurate on the short to intermediate passes...something I didn't see in 5 camp sessions. I only thing I give Holcomb credit for is being more calm than JP.

When you use the word 'never' there is one meaning in my lexicon.

At any rate my difference with you is more than a nit.  Holcomb's record indicates he is somewhat more accurate on the short to intermediate passes...something I didn't see in 5 camp sessions.  I only thing I give Holcomb credit for is being more calm than JP.

739127[/snapback]

I believe Holcomb set a team record for passing accuracy last year at something around 67%. Most QB's never accomplish that in a year, especially not playing with the Brown's and Bill's O-Line for most of their careers. Not to mention, if Kelly isn't very accurate on deep throws then logically his accuracy for short-intermediate should be even higher.

Most of his picks were from passes he threw down field. In this offense, with these speedy receivers, that's like a kiss of death for Holcomb.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3952

738892[/snapback]

You need to start reading more of JP's struggles in the short passing game. He looks lost and confused--pretty much like Coy Wire in pass coverage. JP can't make a 5 yard pass to save his life (I guess because it involves more reading of the defense and quick decisions). I just hope it's correctable.

When does Nall get back again?

If the coaches judge the QB position based on one single practice, they're !@#$ed no matter who starts.

739000[/snapback]

Good point, but his "bad" practices or at least the practices where he is being outperformed by JP are adding up. We'll see how they look in live games.

I finally saw the video of the three picks, and I have to say they were REALLY bad throws. Really bad.

739416[/snapback]

yah they were. he shoulda had a 4th picked as well, but clements dropped it. Not a good night for KH.

But tripplett looked fast hell on that fumble recovery and return.

yeah, but....yeah, but.....yeah, but.....yeah, but....didn't KH throw for 400 yards in a playoff game?

738979[/snapback]

Wasn't RJ good in one game too?

Holcomb is a career back up, good for spots, just not in the long haul.

To me, it's not so much the three picks, it's because they were all deep passes. That means a lot considering this offense requires a lot of passes to be thrown deep.

738937[/snapback]

And I bet you it's because the balls were under-thrown. He does have a pretty weak arm.

And I bet you it's because the balls were under-thrown. He does have a pretty weak arm.

739684[/snapback]

Hopefully this will be the kind of thing that can let them end the competition. That way I can return to liking KH as our backup (I never rooted against Frank Reich in practices...but I love hearing bad news from KH). I have a feeling they will let this drag on for a while longer unless JP outshines KH against Carolina. Clearly JP has been solid in the deep passing game. Hopefully he can relax and hit Royal and dump to Willis and hit the receivers on short routes as well. But in the words of Allen Iverson "we're talking about practice". I know it matters a lot in football, but the preseason games matter a lot more, and I don't think an off evening practice ends KH's hopes.