Holcomb gives us the best chance to win.

It is simple, really:

Holcomb gives us the best chance to win 4-7 games this season and 4-7 next season.

JP gives us the best chance to win 3-6 games this season, and 10 games next season.

739981[/snapback]

Actually, I'm pretty hopeful that JP gives us the best chance to win this year, right now. The pre-season games should give us a pretty good handle on where JP stands.

I am worried, looking at the schedule, that we might have a pretty tough time of it for the first couple of games. I don't want to see a quick hook if JP is the starter, especially during the early going when we open with two on the road.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to see a quick hook if JP is the starter, especially during the early going when we open with two on the road.

740333[/snapback]

If we can split those games, I'd be happy at this point. It would definitely make the home opener a wee bit more exciting than going in 0-2.

It is simple, really:

Holcomb gives us the best chance to win 4-7 games this season and 4-7 next season.

JP gives us the best chance to win 3-6 games this season, and 10 games next season.

739981[/snapback]

You might be right.

I do not think that JP (if he wins the job) should be benched after just a few bad starts, but I'm also not so sure about leaving him in for an entire season if he is playing poorly enough for the team to go 3-13.

I am hoping that he shows something right away, but if he doesn't, I cannot see giving him carte blanche to play bad football for the entire season. I don't think that Jauron would do this either. There has to be SOME kind of limit.

Hopefully it will not come to this, and JP can make good use of the huge amount of athletic talent that he certainly does have.

Bottom line is that Holcumb gives us the best chance to win a lot of games this season. And by a lot i mean probably somewhere in the vacinity of 6-8 games. Losman has more upside, there is no question about it and hopefully he works out.

The question you have to ask yourself is this...

Would you rather sit on the dock and catch sun fish all day because it is the quickest and easiest way to catch a couple small fish, or would you get in the boat and take a long trip out to the middle of the lake to catch the big fish?