even knowing quite well the USA

It's the media trying to stir the pot. 95% of Americans could care less.

738182[/snapback]

That reporter has the stretched-leather, blue-eye-shadow look of many of the type of American that quite care about this.

I guess it's not enough for the easily offended that the photo indeed doesn't show a nipple or anything other than a curve, but the idea that the woman was baring her breast at some point in time in something other than a hermetically sealed room is a Red-Alert danger to all and sundry.

But, of course, there's nothing wrong with CSI:Miami (including one intro scene that nearly got coital) and 30 other shows on her network that show things FAR more obscene than that. The media's inability to report objectively on itself while holding everyone else's feet to the fire doesn't shock me. Look at when 90% of TV stations missed the analog shut-off date b/c they dragged their asses and refused to upgrade their equipment in time. Not a fuggin' peep; it never happened. Their moralizing campaigns --- and I say this, b/c they choose to air these crap 'controversies' and provide a forum for the puritanicals --- ring hollow.

The USA sometimes still find a way to surprise me...

well i know americans are very puritan sometimes but a debate for this?!!

http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_209184147.html

738181[/snapback]

Actually, in NY it is legal for a woman to be toppless anywhere a male can. Not that people wouldn't complain, but it is legal.

The USA sometimes still find a way to surprise me...

well i know americans are very puritan sometimes but a debate for this?!!

http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_209184147.html

738181[/snapback]

I love this story. The same people who decry the unnatural acts of homosexuality can't bear to see the most natural of acts: an infant nursing. Good golly hypocrisy.