Poster below assert that we have "all this talent"

A poster below states that we have no QB to go "with ALL this talent."

Who is "all this talent" we have? I think the Bills are in the BOTTOM 1/4 of the league in regards to PURE talent on their team. Look at their pro bowl appearances and failures to have stat leaders other than Brad Morman.

I have more leftovers in my frig than are on the OL. Jason Peters was pumping gas in Shrevport three years ago. Evan is legit. But he no better than 19 or 20 of all the WRs in the league. Look at the top 20 WRs and tell me who you would want.

QBs are bruttal. JP does not show the type of rookie moxie that a young Palmer or MAnning or Carr have. Blame it on his cast? Dunno... Holcom is a has been. NO better than Steve Grogan.

McGahee was a super college back, on an amazing Canes team. He is a talent, but NO better than the top 10 pro bowl backs in the league. YOU want him over Rudy JOhnson? How does he compare to L.T.? He doesn't...

DEFENSE:

The DE line has Tripplet, shoebel, ANderson and Kelsey. All average undersized guys. LB are pretty much Fletcher who makes tons of jumping on the pile type tackles. He does not make the pro bowl B/K he makes not solo sstops or back field stops ala Ray LEwis, et al. Is he more effective if he had lineman to keep blockers oof him? Spikes is solid. A freak. But his ankle is Sam cowart 6 years ago.

Vincent has been an injury prone kitty his entre career. WIth Maimi he was scared to make tackles and is hurt 70 % of the time. Clemens is solid -- a pro bowl type. The others are late picks who are roll players. MCgee is a great special teamer.

MArv drafted all underclass men in an effort to steal talent adn pro bowl types for 3 yrs from now. McCargo will blossom in 3 years adn would have been a high first rounder had he stayed at NC State. Same for the others.

DAnte will be rock solid and anchor to Def.

But to say there is "all this talent" is a misstament. THis team under TD has some of the worst talent around at every position. Even poor teams have gusy who stand out and makes plays and display their talent and pro bowl ability. Look at at Arizona, Texans and Detroit.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that when this season is over, you will look back and see huge strides in most every position on the field. The key word with this team is potential which Mularkey would not know what to do with if it was standing right in front of him - ohh wait, it was.

McGahee was not even used on third down for Christ sake. Talk about clueless as a coach.

Receivers on this team are freakin' speed demons who (with the right QB) could create some major problems. Our offensive line is going to take a year to gel but when the time comes, it will be just fine.

Special teams - enough said

Tight ends have not been used in ten years and now we have one that blocks and one that could prove to be a nice chain mover.

Defensively, Spikes is hopefully back with Crowell and Fletcher - not bad if you ask me.

Our defensive line is a big? but could it be any worse from last year - doubt it.

With a Coach in here that has brains and who players trust, there is no reason that after a year together, these guys can't make it work.

That my friend is why I believe this team needs a leader for WHEN it all comes together. (not to mention the recent draft which many say we stole some pretty good up and coming talent in later rounds)

A poster below states that we have no QB to go "with ALL this talent."

Who is "all this talent" we have?  I think the Bills are in the BOTTOM 1/4 of the league in regards to PURE talent on their team.  Look at their pro bowl appearances and failures to have stat leaders other than Brad Morman.

I have more leftovers in my frig than are on the OL.  Jason Peters was pumping gas in Shrevport three years ago.  Evan is legit.  But he no better than 19 or 20 of all the WRs in the league.  Look at the top 20 WRs and tell me who you would want.

QBs are bruttal.  JP does not show the type of rookie moxie that a young Palmer or MAnning or Carr have.  Blame it on his cast?  Dunno...  Holcom is a has been.  NO better than Steve Grogan.

McGahee was a super college back, on an amazing Canes team.  He is a talent, but NO better than the top 10 pro bowl backs in the league.  YOU want him over Rudy JOhnson?  How does he compare to L.T.?  He doesn't...

DEFENSE:

The DE line has Tripplet, shoebel, ANderson and Kelsey.  All average undersized guys.  LB are pretty much Fletcher who makes tons of jumping on the pile type tackles.  He does not make the pro bowl B/K he makes not solo sstops or back field stops ala Ray LEwis, et al.  Is he more effective if he had lineman to keep blockers oof him?  Spikes is solid.  A freak.  But his ankle is Sam cowart 6 years ago. 

Vincent has been an injury prone kitty his entre career.  WIth Maimi he was scared to make tackles and is hurt 70 % of the time.  Clemens is solid -- a pro bowl type.  The others are late picks who are roll players.  MCgee is a great special teamer.

MArv drafted all underclass men in an effort to steal talent adn pro bowl types for 3 yrs from now.  McCargo will blossom in 3 years adn would have been a high first rounder had he stayed at NC State.  Same for the others. 

DAnte will be rock solid and anchor to Def.

But to say there is "all this talent" is a misstament.  THis team under TD has some of the worst talent around at every position.  Even poor teams have gusy who stand out and makes plays and display their talent and pro bowl ability.  Look at at Arizona, Texans and Detroit.

734609[/snapback]

I don't think that poster meant "proven talent", just "talent". On that score you have Spikes, Clements, McGee, Schobel, Fletcher, Vincent and Tripplet on defense to go along with some young guys with lots of promise like McCargo, Youboty, Whitner (if he ever signs), Simpson, King, Greer, Williams, Baker and Kasay.

On offense you have Evans, Willis, Peters and some up and comers like Parrish and maybe Everett. Add in some decent FA acquisitions like Royal, Reyes and Fowler and there is something there to work with. Certainly there are still high hopes for JP and that is coming from people like myself who is very tough in grading him, too tough I'm told.

There is talent enough here to work at least even if we won't dominate the pro bowl roster quite yet.

A good QB makes the rest of the team look better.

Do you think Marvin Harrison would go to the pro-bown with JP as his QB? Would half of Indy's line get as much recognition with Bledsoe at the helm?

Sorry out team is good, but they need a QB to give them Pro-bowl type recognition.

... and not the pro-bowl is not "who is the best player", its "who has the best numbers"

Do you think Marvin Harrison would go to the pro-bown with JP as his QB? Would half of Indy's line get as much recognition with Bledsoe at the helm?

Sorry out team is good, but they need a QB to give them Pro-bowl type recognition.

... and not the pro-bowl is not "who is the best player", its "who has the best numbers"

734658[/snapback]

Totally disagree. GREAT players stand out even on poor teams....

Texans: WR Andre Johnson; RB Dominik Davis

Cincy: two years ago Cincy WR Chad Johnson;

Arizona: Bolton, Fitzgerald

Carolina: two years ago WR Mohamed

I liken the Bills to San Fran. BOth teams have little talent or core value or depth. They are rebuilding. I believe in Marv, but as of now, this club has little to hang on too...

I don't think that poster meant "proven talent", just "talent".  On that score you have Spikes, Clements, McGee, Schobel, Fletcher, Vincent and Tripplet on defense to go along with some young guys with lots of promise like McCargo, Youboty, Whitner (if he ever signs), Simpson, King, Greer, Williams, Baker and Kasay.

On offense you have Evans, Willis, Peters and some up and comers like Parrish and maybe Everett.  Add in some decent FA acquisitions like Royal, Reyes and Fowler and there is something there to work with.  Certainly there are still high hopes for JP and that is coming from people like myself who is very tough in grading him, too tough I'm told. 

There is talent enough here to work at least even if we won't dominate the pro bowl roster quite yet.

734631[/snapback]

Good post, well thougt out, etc. While you are right, there are some "good players" here, they stack up poorly against the top 10 teams in the league at almost every position. Across the board, this roster pals in compasion versus the Pats, Indy, TAmpa, Skins, Dallas, Philly, Seattle, Arizona, Pitt, Cincy, CArolina, and dare I say MIAMI!!! The rosters of those teams are rich in depth and blue chip talent. TD supplied nothing with is drafts. They were absolute FLOPS and busts with the exception of a few "good palyers" who are not game changers, which win NFL games these days...

Look at their pro bowl appearances and failures to have stat leaders other than Brad Morman.

Evan is legit.  But he no better than 19 or 20 of all the WRs in the league.

734609[/snapback]

You'd have a lot more credibility if you actually knew player's names.

McGahee was a super college back, on an amazing Canes team.  He is a talent, but NO better than the top 10 pro bowl backs in the league.  YOU want him over Rudy JOhnson? 

I'll take wills over rudy johnson every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Totally disagree.  GREAT players stand out even on poor teams....

Texans:  WR Andre Johnson;  RB Dominik Davis

Cincy: two years ago Cincy WR Chad Johnson;

Arizona:  Bolton, Fitzgerald

Carolina:  two years ago WR Mohamed

I liken the Bills to San Fran.  BOth teams have little talent or core value or depth.  They are rebuilding.  I believe in Marv, but as of now, this club has little to hang on too...

734672[/snapback]

Did you just call Domanick Davis great???? <_<0:):w00t:

.....and who is Brad Morman?

734658[/snapback]

..and the best publicist.

Did you just call Domanick Davis great???? <_<  0:)  :w00t:

.....and who is Brad Morman?

734730[/snapback]

Actually I think he said "dominik", lol

Call me a sucker but my interest is definitely peaked to see IF Jp can get on the same page with these track stars on our WR corps...

I am just not holding my breath

734735[/snapback]

This becomes the question:

Did we get super-speedy WR's because JP throws a good long ball?

or

Did we get super-speedy WR's so JP can't overthrow the long ball?

Arizona:  Bolton, Fitzgerald

734672[/snapback]

Would that be Michael "Why should I change my name, he's the one who sucks!" Bolton? <_<

Sorry, just felt the need to pile on.

Would that be Michael "Why should I change my name, he's the one who sucks!" Bolton?  :w00t:

Sorry, just felt the need to pile on.

734751[/snapback]

0:)<_<

You'd have a lot more credibility if you actually knew player's names.

734722[/snapback]

The post speaks for itself. The talent is thin. You want to talk about the spelling of a players name. Are you interested in football and the conversation of the talent or jsut trying to make your 10 or so friends on this board giggle at your attempts at humor all day? You got 23, 000 posts, are any of them of substance? Read the post, give some opinion on the talent. No enemys here, jsut a candid review of the field talent. Talk about that...it makes you look better.

Opinions are like as$holes, everybody got em.  Willis over Rudy?  Its a democracy...

734759[/snapback]

Have you seen Rudy play much? With him being on my FF team last year I watched him play quite a bit...and was underwelmed most of the time. He's sluggish, slow to get to (and through) the line and doesn't run with that much power (he does have a little). Where are you getting this idea that he's a great back?

WM might not be great (he's not) but I'd take him before Rudy Johnson anyday.

Opinions are like as$holes, everybody got em.  Willis over Rudy?  Its a democracy...

734759[/snapback]

Willis is a higher caliber player, IMO. I put Rudy Johnson in the category of a Travis Henry or Lamont Jordan. I think Willis will be a top 5 back in the next two or three years.