Both Sims and Huff are done....Hope Whitner

ganesh

MY feeling is they haggling over the length of the contract...Huff received 6 yeras and Sims received 5 years....I think the bills are trying to push the extra year down Whitners throat and Whitner and his agent are wanting 5.....

Word I've read is that Huff's deal is for 5 years.  If so, I seriously HOPE that Whitner and his agent aren't pushing for a 4-year deal, in which case they can sit-out the season and re-enter the draft next year.

731615[/snapback]

No way that Whitner could get drafted higher than he did this year. Most people felt #8 was a stretch. If he sat out a year he'd be lucky to go in the top 20 in next years draft. He'll sign early next week.

No way that Whitner could get drafted higher than he did this year.  Most people felt #8 was a stretch.  If he sat out a year he'd be lucky to go in the top 20 in next years draft.  He'll sign early next week.

Yeah, he'd likely drop to the 20's, if not further, and lose a year of salary and a TON more money dropping out of the top-8. If they ARE looking for a 4-year deal and won't budge, I'd tell his agent to get back when they are willing to do a 5-year deal and tell Whitner he's not playing for them unless he accepts one and to get his agent to get a deal done. Whitner should have been signed by now.

If I had to guess why Whitner, who seems like a decent kid and was drafted much higher than expected is holding out despite the players before and after him have signed is because the Bills are low-balling him.  Not that that makes much sense, but what else?

You can't lowball a guy when the money is slotted. The qualms HAVE to be over contract length. That's what's holding-up the Dolphins and Allen.

If this guy is for real, I don't like the 4 year deal at all.

731778[/snapback]

I don't think any of the top picks have signed for a 4 yr deal...SO I can't believe Whitners agent is requesting a 4yr deal...The hassle is definitely over the 5th

or 6th year....

You can't lowball a guy when the money is slotted.  The qualms HAVE to be over contract length.  That's what's holding-up the Dolphins and Allen.

731654[/snapback]

Sure you can. The Vikings tried that with McKinnie and Pyrite Gal has been holding McKinnie's holdout against him ever since.

If I had to guess why Whitner, who seems like a decent kid and was drafted much higher than expected is holding out despite the players before and after him have signed is because the Bills are low-balling him.  Not that that makes much sense, but what else?

731648[/snapback]

It honestly wouldn't surprise me, I love this organization and it will always have my support but RW does tend to be a bit on the cheap side which I'm sure trickles down through the ranks.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me, I love this organization and it will always have my support but RW does tend to be a bit on the cheap side which I'm sure trickles down through the ranks.

731854[/snapback]

I don't think there is anything cheap here....Whitner has been slotted a dollar

value based on the picks signed above/below him....and he is not acting like

a REggie Bush that he should have been picked ahead of the#8 pick that he

wants #1/#2 type money.....It really has to be regarding the 5yr or 6yr

contract.

Sure you can.  The Vikings tried that with McKinnie and Pyrite Gal has been holding McKinnie's holdout against him ever since.

731807[/snapback]

If i am correct, the way i understand it, only the first 16 picks in the draft can be signed to 6yr deals, all others need to be 5 or less according to the new CBA. My guess is the bills demanding 6, whitner wants 5, they agree to a voidable 6th year if vertain incentives are met.

Word I've read is that Huff's deal is for 5 years.  If so, I seriously HOPE that Whitner and his agent aren't pushing for a 4-year deal, in which case they can sit-out the season and re-enter the draft next year.

731615[/snapback]

He'll never sit. That's a move Reggie Bush could have made. Not Donte Whitner. Let's not get crazy. They're just negotiating.

I don't think there is anything cheap here....Whitner has been slotted a dollar

value based on the picks signed above/below him....and he is not acting like

a REggie Bush that he should have been picked ahead of the#8 pick that he

wants #1/#2 type money.....It really has to be regarding the 5yr or 6yr

contract.

731887[/snapback]

Although many claim the RW is cheap, and maybe he is when it comes to coaches, he has demonstrated over the years that slotting is a fact of life and will pay the going rate. I think you're right that the issue is the length of contract. I'd guess that the Bills want a 6 year deal and Huff really screwed them up.

He'll never sit. That's a move Reggie Bush could have made. Not Donte Whitner. Let's not get crazy. They're just negotiating.

731889[/snapback]

I don't think Bush can get away with it. From what I've read, Bush wants more money than Mario Williams. Bush slipped to #2 because he couldn't work a deal with the Texans. If he can't work a deal with the Saints, I just don't see the team with the top pick next year taking a chance on a guy who has been out of football for a year and it notoriously difficult to deal with.

I don't think Bush can get away with it.  From what I've read, Bush wants more money than Mario Williams.  Bush slipped to #2 because he couldn't work a deal with the Texans.  If he can't work a deal with the Saints, I just don't see the team with the top pick next year taking a chance on a guy who has been out of football for a year and it notoriously difficult to deal with.

731961[/snapback]

Bush already signed a six year deal with the Saints on Saturday. He had trouble getting a flight there yesterday but is scheduled to be there today.