War images

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They allowed a terrorsist organization live in their country and to freely wadge war on a neighboring country that has a vastly superior military.... what they hell did they expect to happen.

The pictures are hard to look at, but that is war. All we can hope for is something good to come out of it. The end of hezbholla would be a good start, but i would settle for the lebanon governemnt keeping these terrorists out of their country.

They allowed a terrorsist organization live in their country and to freely wadge war on a neighboring country that has a vastly superior military.... what they hell did they expect to happen.

The pictures are hard to look at, but that is war. All we can hope for is something good to come out of it. The end of hezbholla would be a good start, but i would settle for the lebanon governemnt keeping these terrorists out of their country.

731023[/snapback]

Based on what friends of mine (who are Christian Lebanese, born and moved here after 1983), half of the Lebanese military is Muslim while the other half is Christian. The Christian side does not have the backing that the Muslim side does, and if you speak to any Christian Lebanese person, you will see that they hate Hez'Bollah as much as they hate Syria and Israel and are basically powerless to do anything but watch as their country burns to the ground.

731023[/snapback]

The United States allows private paramilitary training camps to operate legally in Georgia, among other places. These camps train people who, once they leave, become to SOMEONE a "terrorist'. And they may be cascading their training to terrorist organizations.

So should we be subject to bombing and invasion?

Don't misunderstand me, I think Israel has a right to protect itself. I think Lebanon's government is wrong to allow Hezbollah to stay. But I have GREAT sympathy for the poor civilian slobs who, as always, are paying the heaviest price.

They, like us, have the LEAST to say over the matter and suffer the most. A little compassion for them wouldn't hurt.

The United States allows private paramilitary training camps to operate legally in Georgia, among other places.  These camps train people who, once they leave, become to SOMEONE a "terrorist'.  And they may be cascading their training to terrorist organizations.

So should we be subject to bombing and invasion?

Don't misunderstand me, I think Israel has a right to protect itself.  I think Lebanon's government is wrong to allow Hezbollah to stay.  But I have GREAT sympathy for the poor civilian slobs who, as always, are paying the heaviest price.

They, like us, have the LEAST to say over the matter and suffer the most.  A little compassion for them wouldn't hurt.

733927[/snapback]

Nonsense, they are just a footnote in history, as some of these posters would say. :devil:

Don't misunderstand me, I think Israel has a right to protect itself.  I think Lebanon's government is wrong to allow Hezbollah to stay.  But I have GREAT sympathy for the poor civilian slobs who, as always, are paying the heaviest price.

They, like us, have the LEAST to say over the matter and suffer the most.  A little compassion for them wouldn't hurt.

733927[/snapback]

Lebanon's government has little choice in the matter.

Lebanon's government has little choice in the matter.

733945[/snapback]

Lebanon is just a battleground. Has anyone come to their aid? They're just located in the worst possible place and unfortunately, are !@#$.

Lebanon is just a battleground.  Has anyone come to their aid?  They're just located in the worst possible place and unfortunately, are !@#$.

733953[/snapback]

Look up US aid to Lebanon. We give quite a bit. More than most.

But, your " Poor poor pitiful Lebanon" post is unfounded. Again, do some research. :devil:

But, your " Poor poor pitiful Lebanon" post is unfounded. Again, do some research. :devil:

734016[/snapback]

I meant in the Arab world. All there is is talk about how Israel is destroying the country yet none intervene. Rather, they just use the !@#$ing country as a battlefield.

I meant in the Arab world.  All there is is talk about how Israel is destroying the country yet none intervene.  Rather, they just use the !@#$ing country as a battlefield.

734118[/snapback]

No, thats not what you said. I wont split hairs with you tonight............. :devil:

But, your " Poor poor pitiful Lebanon" post is unfounded. Again, do some research. <_<

734016[/snapback]

What, you think the rest of the Lebanese government wants Hez'bollah doing this?

I saw this link on another site. Before you open it, I have to warn you, some very graphic images. Open at your own risk. Irregardless of your stance on this issue, these images are heartbreaking.

http://www.fromisraeltolebanon.info/

731011[/snapback]

What the hell is that site? They want you to vote for who is responsible? What the fvck is this a reality show?? And oh by the way did you happen to notice who is winning the poll? <_<

But, your " Poor poor pitiful Lebanon" post is unfounded. Again, do some research. <_<

734016[/snapback]

But nowhere near as much as we give to Israel, who gets more aid than any other country. Our tax dollars are paying for Israel's arsenal, which was used to blow up a power plant in Gaza that we paid for, and Lebanese infrastructure that we paid for, and now we're paying for humanitarian aid for Lebanon because Lebanese people are being killed with weapons we paid for and are resupplying. Seems like the military industrial complex is running our foreign policy. If we're going to supply and train anyone, it should be the Lebanese military so they would have the ability to disarm militias and defend their borders. But Lebanon might turn us down given our track record in Iraq.

Based on what friends of mine (who are Christian Lebanese, born and moved here after 1983), half of the Lebanese military is Muslim while the other half is Christian.  The Christian side does not have the backing that the Muslim side does, and if you speak to any Christian Lebanese person, you will see that they hate Hez'Bollah as much as they hate Syria and Israel and are basically powerless to do anything but watch as their country burns to the ground.

731127[/snapback]

I'll agree with that. I have Christian Lebanese friends, as well. The Christian Lebanese hate Hezbollah maybe even more than Israel. Although they don't like Israel much, either. Syria is a different story, who they hate more than either.