The Near-Guaranteed Cuts You'll Miss

There is not enough room for price, davis, and roscoe.. 1 of them cuts get.

726078[/snapback]

how do you figure that?

we will most likely keep 6 wr's like every team does

evans, price, parrish, reed, davis, nance (or whomever) :lol:

Could be. I'd like to see them add  another rb to the roster come game day who they would use on running plays - having just WMG and Williams makes me a bit nervous.

726163[/snapback]

Remember, we do have the A-Train...

His contract says he's safe.  Too much signing bonus money ($1.8M) tied up to bring him in here just to get cut in camp.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...guenum=&id=2173

725772[/snapback]

But cutting Price would send just the kind of message those underachievers need to hear from management.

To answer the original poster's question, i would be upset if Jim Leonhard got cut, i really like the kid. He is smart, fast, tackles well, and would do anything the bills asked him to do.

726254[/snapback]

I think he fits Levy's mold of being a "character guy".

MISSES:OFFENSE

---Ochs, Burns, Neufeld, Goldsberry, Euhus, Shaud Williams, Chris Denney, Jonathan Smith, Jason Thomas, Josh Reed, Jerman

MISSES: DEFENSE

---Eric Powell, Mark Word, Matthew Rice, Jason Hall, Lauvale Sape, LaWaylon Brown, Tai Tupai, Wendell Hunter, Mario Haggan, Greg Carothers, Coy Wire, Rob Lee, James Bethea, Matt Bowen

MISSES: SPECIAL TEAMS

---Nick Setta

PRACTICE SQUADDERS:

---Merz, Matt Morgan, Terrence Pennington, Fred Jackson, Derrick Ming, Keith Ellison, John DiGiorgio, Ryan Neill (LS)

SURPRISE KEEPERS

---Cieslak, George Wilson, Martin Nance, Aaron Gibson, Brad Butler

I still need to cut 1 player to make a 53 Man Roster. Probably a DT (Jefferson?). I don't have a long snapper either (probably Schneck).

I dont think Davis makes it. Too many miniature horses in our stable of WR's and I dont think we need another one. Nance is a big body we need in the red zone. Plus I dont think Davis plays special teams.

725670[/snapback]

Buffalo....I am not sure where you are getting your info:

- Isn't he slightly over 6' tall?

- Davis is actually a special teams standout....

it is actually BECAUSE of Davis that I think Aiken is on HIS way out.....the only thing Aiken can do is play ST's.....while Davis is actually a speed demon and a servicable reciever....

I want Nance on the team

---Ochs, Burns, Neufeld, Goldsberry, Euhus, Shaud Williams, Chris Denney, Jonathan Smith, Jason Thomas, Josh Reed, Jerman

---Eric Powell, Mark Word, Matthew Rice, Jason Hall, Lauvale Sape, LaWaylon Brown, Tai Tupai, Wendell Hunter, Mario Haggan, Greg Carothers, Coy Wire, Rob Lee, James Bethea, Matt Bowen

---Nick Setta

PRACTICE SQUADDERS:

---Merz, Matt Morgan, Terrence Pennington, Fred Jackson, Derrick Ming, Keith Ellison, John DiGiorgio, Ryan Neill (LS)

SURPRISE KEEPERS

I still need to cut 1 player to make a 53 Man Roster. Probably a DT (Jefferson?). I don't have a long snapper either (probably Schneck).

726358[/snapback]

I do not think any of the draft class will be a surprise keeper. They already have made a choice that these players are worth having and will develop in the long run. I cannot see them even deciding to cut more than one of them from the team and even this man (whomever he is) gets signed to the PS.

Keeping in line with the post subject, its hard for me to see how Reed pr Haggan are the guaranteed cuts the post asks for since both were just endorsed with a bunch of Ralph's money with contract extensions.

Particularly Reed, who in addition the $ has drawn vocal praise from the Bills braintrust as one of the smartest players on the team, a cut of him seems quite unlikely. Actually, his RAC potential he has occaisonally shown as a former RB should fit in quite well with the switch to the short pass big yards from RAC we supposedly are going to use.

If in fact, we end up with the speedy Evans, the speedy Price, and the shifty Parrish as the top 3 WRs, I expect we will see a bit of empty backfield and 4 WR sets where a smart vet will be able to work the seams of the zone for a lot of RAC as teams will be forced to zone up against the pass or let the speedy Evans or Price go one on one with their second fastest DB.

No on'e contract says they are safe anymore. Look at the deal Price got dropped from in Atlanta. McNair would've got cut. Keyshawn, gone. Twice :doh: A one year cap hit would be worth it if Price sucks like he did since he left the Bills.

726117[/snapback]

Different scenarios. Price was there several years before they finally realized to cut their losses. No one in their right mind offers a free agent almost $2M in guaranteed money if they think there's any chance of them not making the final roster. Just not a smart way of doing business. Yes, over time and for a variety of reasons teams will release players from their contracts, but you almost never see an incoming free agent pickup with a multi million bonus not making it through camp. Forget the cap hit - you think Ralph just flushes 2 million down the toilet for no reason? I'd hate to be Marv if that happened.

---Nick Setta

PRACTICE SQUADDERS:

SURPRISE KEEPERS

726358[/snapback]

Matthew Rice and Greg Carothers have already been cut and Tim Euhus was traded to the Saints; if that helps with your roster trimming.