Is it hot where you are?

It's been in the 100s here and will continue to be through the week.

What is miserable is that it starts early and the temps aren't peaking until after 3 p.m. The AC is on before 10 a.m. and it stays on until after 7 p.m. Power bill will easy surpass three bills this month, but I hate heat so you can't put a price on comfort.

724056[/snapback]

We don't use the AC. Cooler due to being closer to the beach but still hot. Love the heat. Open windows and ceiling fan at night work wonders.

Oh, sailing on the ocean helps too. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful--I live in NYC and I just had to take a train into New Jersey. Underground, the temperature easily exceeds 110. Combine that with NYC attitudes makes for a very ugly situation.

I have a nasty case of jungle rot right now.

You hunt'n fer dinner again, cinzy? :rolleyes:

724283[/snapback]

I'd love to roast a couple of sparrows... :P

Nah...the usual lo-salt lentils, green beans, zero-fat cottage cheese, and natural juice mixed fruit.

Anybody think that crap food doesn't catch up with ya? :)

By the way, the movie An Inconvenient Truth is excellent. I saw it this weekend. Very entertaining and makes strong points based on solid science, not emotional appeals. Chances are, you will discover that the Global Warming problem is worse than most Americans have been lead to believe.

And if only someone would inform the public of this data.

724277[/snapback]

Against my better judgement, I'll link you Here.

If you anyone actually cares to learn about climate related data, how it is kept and graphed, and why there are so many discrepancies, you can find it by really reading and studying sites such as this one.

Though at the same time, if you are similar to the media and environmental groups, you can search through this site, find a graph that looks like it supports your ideology, blow it up, and show it to the world as proof of Armageddon.

The facts are out there, but they are buried in so much speculation and bias that it is hard to know what to believe. I don't claim to know all the facts, but I do claim to have actually come to my own conclusions based on my own amateurish research. Certainly nothing to brag about, but much more than most people do.

By the way, the movie An Inconvenient Truth is excellent.  I saw it this weekend.  Very entertaining and makes strong points based on solid science, not emotional appeals.  Chances are, you will discover that the Global Warming problem is worse than most Americans have been lead to believe.

724294[/snapback]

Funny. I read the book this weekend. It makes weak points based on emotional appeals and not solid science. Frankly...it was an atrocity of scientific analysis.

If you anyone actually cares to learn about climate related data, how it is kept and graphed, and why there are so many discrepancies, you can find it by really reading and studying sites such as this one.

Though at the same time, if you are similar to the media and environmental groups, you can search through this site, find a graph that looks like it supports your ideology, blow it up, and show it to the world as proof of Armageddon.

The facts are out there, but they are buried in so much speculation and bias that it is hard to know what to believe.  I don't claim to know all the facts, but I do claim to have actually come to my own conclusions based on my own amateurish research.  Certainly nothing to brag about, but much more than most people do.

724295[/snapback]

Well, what's your action plan? :)

Funny.  I read the book this weekend.  It makes weak points based on emotional appeals and not solid science.  Frankly...it was an atrocity of scientific analysis.

724309[/snapback]

Can you cite a reliable scientific source that says global warming is not a serious problem?

The facts are out there, but they are buried in so much speculation and bias that it is hard to know what to believe.  I don't claim to know all the facts, but I do claim to have actually come to my own conclusions based on my own amateurish research.  Certainly nothing to brag about, but much more than most people do.

724295[/snapback]

1. Guess you did not catch my sarcasm. I think that everyone who does not acknowledge Global Warming is oblivious to how much everything in this country is motivated by money. My point was, everyone has been told the truth, most Americans just refuse to listen, for whatever reasons.

2. Why did you link to another TDB thread. (one about a player who should be banned??)