Which Car Insurance company do you use?

I'm looking to get some quotes because i'm paying an arm and a leg right now for full coverage...there has to be a cheaper company than progressive...(i'm paying 192 a month right now)

I'm 23, male and have an immaculate driving record.

Any opinions and information would be helpful to me.

So fellow bills fans, which company works the best for you?

i switched from progressive to geico because progressive kept raising my rates for no reason (no tickets, no accidents)

geico has been dropping my rates steadily in the 3 years i've been with them

722322[/snapback]

I tried Geico. They didn't appreciate my driving record and the price reflected it. Esurance doesn't seem to do as extensive a driving record check. :o

If you have served in the military you will find that USAA is your best option.  If not...then I can't help.

722389[/snapback]

Certain restrictions apply - I was separated from active duty in 1992 but am not eligible with USAA.

Certain restrictions apply - I was separated from active duty in 1992 but am not eligible with USAA.

722402[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, you have to join while on active duty. Not sure what other restrictions there may be.

I'm looking to get some quotes because i'm paying an arm and a leg right now for full coverage...there has to be a cheaper company than progressive...(i'm paying 192 a month right now)

722308[/snapback]

As far as Geico goes, just remember that you pay for what you get. Their customer service is awful.

I swithced to Allstate. My rates are lower and the service is great.

AIG also has very good rates.

State Farm. My rates are low (to me) in part because I'm a long-time customer with a big accident-free bonus on one of the vehicles (they didn't even take it away when my wife got into a fender-bender...). But I don't care as much about the rates. They are there when I need them, and don't give me a hassle about anything. I actually had an adjuster come up with a higher estimate than the dealership for one accident. And I can have the car repaired at a dealership (using genuine parts)...

They don't drop you for nickel-and-diming on the comprehensive like I've heard others do. Replaced a few windshields...again, no hassle....

They don't raise your rates if an accident is not your fault, even if the other driver is uninsured. I've heard others do that as well...

That's what I pay for. I could care less if the lizard came up $50 cheaper...

722308[/snapback]

I use Allstate. My rates are low and they have great customer service. I also have them for homeowners insurance as well.

Your rates typically go down a little after you turn 25 I believe it is.

I've had Erie for auto and homeowners since 1985. Very good service. But they underwrite in just a few states AFAIK.

When I moved to OH from Pittsburgh in 1990, my rates went up a bit - their reason for it was that Ohio has no vehicle mechanical inspection law, and the data shows that crashes are more likely. And I believe it.

i use progressive. they are cheaper for me than the damn gecko. they were the cheapest a few years ago when i signed on with them, and my rates have been dropping little by little ever since.