Scientology is Gay...really gay!

OnTheRocks

One thing you have to ask yourself, though: what's T-Bone more likely to be seen in?

Because I have a hard time picturing him in a Vette.  On the other hand, I can easily see you and him cruising around in your gay little car, Liberace blaring on the CD player, GLAAD bumper sticker on the back...

709457[/snapback]

It's better than that Nam...eh, nevermind...

:doh:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never did tell us what options you got on your car.  Did you get the George Michael option package, or splurge and go straight for the Elton John luxury option package...?

709489[/snapback]

Is there a Clay Aiken version, you know, something clearly gay but not officially out?

You never did tell us what options you got on your car.  Did you get the George Michael option package, or splurge and go straight for the Elton John luxury option package...?

709489[/snapback]

Cough cough battery operated car cough cough.

Tell me Tom, what's the Prius' 0-60 time? Two minutes?

Is someone who is driving a Prius and someone driving a Fit arguing about who has the wimpiest car?

709582[/snapback]

Of course, I am currently driving a beat-up Ford Contour that needs its struts replaced but doing so would almost match the value of the car.

Is someone who is driving a Prius and someone driving a Fit arguing about who has the wimpiest car?

709582[/snapback]

No, not at all. I'm just pointing out to Ed that he bought a gay car. He can't defend himself from the charge - since he did, in fact, by a gay car. So he does what he can instead: engages in feeble counter-attacks against my uber-geek-mobile, in a futile attempt to distract himself from the fact that he bought a gay car.

Cough cough battery operated car cough cough.

Tell me Tom, what's the Prius' 0-60 time? Two minutes?

709496[/snapback]

in one of my electrochemical engineering classes, we learned that electric engines are actually faster...less torque i think, but faster

not sure what that will do to the 0-60 time of the prius though

Edit:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/con...8040_tc_217.htm

CHECK THE MILEAGE.  Not all of the new hybrids necessarily focus on fuel economy, however. Many larger hybrids devote the added power from the electric motor to help with performance. Because an electric motor can start up much faster than a combustion engine, it provides a helpful boost at low speeds and gives the cars better acceleration and torque.

"the electric motor is pretty much just for a power boost."

in one of my electrochemical engineering classes, we learned that electric engines are actually faster...less torque i think, but faster

not sure what that will do to the 0-60 time of the prius though

Edit:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/con...8040_tc_217.htm

709629[/snapback]

The flip side of that is your typical gas engine you find in a car, having to provide both horsepower and torque, doesn't run optimally. Part of the efficiency of the Prius comes from being able to optimize the engine for horsepower, since the electric motor provides a good chunk of the torque.

Next time I get it out somewhere I can test, I'll check the 0-60 time. It's respectable, at least.

I'll just get another one.....I can afford it.  :lol:

Do a little research Ed on the 5th generation Corvettes.....Consumer Reports or Road and Track. Also if you want to read up on the LS1 engine you might learn something.

The old Vette's had issues....these newer ones are highly respected in the sports car world.

709440[/snapback]

Comparing a Honda Fit to a Corvette :doh:

Never hurts to know in advance where you will stand in life.

709810[/snapback]

Well, if i find someone that is enough of a fish to trade in my van for corvette, maybe i could change my fate.

709489[/snapback]

Ed likely got his "college professor" fiance to splurge on the "Karma Chameleon" package, complete with dashboard doilies. He rolls that way...

That thing's gotta look like a fuggin' clown car with his sasquatchian ass climbing out of it.