post here if you are glad we lost at soccer

jester43

this sport, with all the floundering and diving and creative hair cuts...not to mention all the phony-a$$ media hype created to make you chant U-S-A while you wave your little 4"x6" american flag...it nauseates me.

i really hope we lose again. and then the same guys who were waving their flags and chiding you for not being more interested can start carping and sniping at the team for sucking when they were supposed to be good. i give it all a fat "whateva."

now if we ever got our sh-- together at RUGBY, now that i'd be into. it is 10x the spectacle that soccer is and way more interesting. and it's certainly no harder to understand than football.

an ps...i don't hate "international sports"...i love track and field, and formula 1. and rugby of course. i just hate soccer.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while I am not glad we lost, i don't give a rats rear end about soccer and the world cup, and actually found myself watching more of the womens golf this weekend than soccer...damn that annika and michelle can play, and they look nice out on the course..... :)

this sport, with all the floundering and diving and creative hair cuts...not to mention all the phony-a$$ media hype created to make you chant U-S-A while you wave your little 4"x6" american flag...it nauseates me. 

i really hope we lose again.  and then the same guys who were waving their flags and chiding you for not being more interested can start carping and sniping at the team for sucking when they were supposed to be good.  i give it all a fat "whateva."

now if we ever got our sh-- together at RUGBY, now that i'd be into. it is 10x the spectacle that soccer is and way more interesting.  and it's certainly no harder to understand than football.

an ps...i don't hate "international sports"...i love track and field, and formula 1.  and rugby of course.  i just hate soccer.

707706[/snapback]

i really hope we lose again.  and then the same guys who were waving their flags and chiding you for not being more interested can start carping and sniping at the team for sucking when they were supposed to be good.  i give it all a fat "whateva."

now if we ever got our sh-- together at RUGBY, now that i'd be into. it is 10x the spectacle that soccer is and way more interesting.  and it's certainly no harder to understand than football.

an ps...i don't hate "international sports"...i love track and field, and formula 1.  and rugby of course.  i just hate soccer.

707706[/snapback]

There is a difference between not caring about something and being bitter about it, you know...

707706[/snapback]

I really have very little interest in the sport, but glad we lost? No, don't care but never glad to see 'us' lose.

One comment though...the 'injuries' drive me freakin nuts when I catch a highlight. Last night it was a guy from the Chech team I believe who pulled a hammy? He's rolling around on the ground like he's been shot, and then they take him off the field on a stretcher? The guy is literally thrashing around on the stretcher, flailing his arms and pulling at his own hair. Common man, get over the histrionics.

707706[/snapback]

Relax dude, the USA wasn't supposed to win that game. They're not even supposed to advance out of their group stage. My interest is moderate; I pay attention to what happens, but I can't say I sit and watch full games. And I don't feel pressured by anybody to 'up' my support. But why be happy they lost? If you REALLY don't care, which you say is the case, why does it matter either way? You don't want fellow Americans to succeed in the sport that everyone else in the world considers top dog? You don't want the USA to claim a true World Championship, unlike the World Champion Chicago White Sox or Pittsburgh Steelers?

The real thing this World Cup will prove is not that the Americans have arrived on the world stage in soccer...Instead, it will prove just how remarkable their run to the quarterfinals in 2002 was. They still have quite a gap to close when it comes to competing with the top-tier national teams.

Like I said, I'm no soccer-head, and I can easily see how people find the game boring. And in my opinion (and many others I'm sure) T&F and Formula 1 are weak as hell. But since I REALLY don't care what happens in those sports, I don't start threads saying 'I'm glad so-and-so lost! Hopefully these idiots waving their flags will shut up.'

I never want to see the USA lose at anything, be it Ping Pong or Soccer. On a side note did you see that 7 footer for the Czechs. He got carried off on a stretcher with a hamstring injury. Are you fuggin kidding me??? What a huge PU$$Y.

To make a generalization, all soccer players are PU$$IES. The only time you see a stretcher in football is when a guy breaks a leg or has a neck injury. They bring that stretcher out three times a game for these fairys that play soccer.

I never want to see the USA lose at anything, be it Ping Pong or Soccer. On a side note did you see that 7 footer for the Czechs. He got carried off on a stretcher with a hamstring injury. Are you fuggin kidding me??? What a huge PU$$Y.

To make a generalization, all soccer players are PU$$IES. The only time you see a stretcher in football is when a guy breaks a leg or has a neck injury. They bring that stretcher out three times a game for these fairys that play soccer.

707739[/snapback]

While they make look like puzzies for getting carried off, it's actually a rule, and an improvement. The rule-makers know that 99% of these guys don't need stretchers, but they also know that they would stay down on the field rolling around for five minutes, or taking five minutes to slowly limp off the field (possibly because they're drama queens, or puzzies.) The whole idea behind the stretcher is to immediately get the guy off the field and to the sidelines where trainers can give them treatment, thus allowing the game to resume. If some Euro primadonna wants to embellish an injury, he's going to have to do it on the sidelines while his team plays a man short.

I'm not glad we lost, although if it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't know the World Cup was going on anyways. No one around here is talking about it, no news or anything. Soccer is non existant around here. We just count down the days until american football season.

I'm an anti-soccer guy and I always cheer for the U.S. It just cracks me up that none of our best athletes play the sport and they still beat most of these other countries whose lives revolve around it. The thought of Mexico getting so angry & depressed in 2002 was really enjoyable to me.

While they make look like puzzies for getting carried off, it's actually a rule, and an improvement.  The rule-makers know that 99% of these guys don't need stretchers, but they also know that they would stay down on the field rolling around for five minutes, or taking five minutes to slowly limp off the field (possibly because they're drama queens, or puzzies.)  The whole idea behind the stretcher is to immediately get the guy off the field and to the sidelines where trainers can give them treatment, thus allowing the game to resume.  If some Euro primadonna wants to embellish an injury, he's going to have to do it on the sidelines while his team plays a man short.

707743[/snapback]

Good response! :)

I really have very little interest in the sport, but glad we lost?  No, don't care but never glad to see 'us' lose.

One comment though...the 'injuries' drive me freakin nuts when I catch a highlight.  Last night it was a guy from the Chech team I believe who pulled a hammy?  He's rolling around on the ground like he's been shot, and then they take him off the field on a stretcher?  The guy is literally thrashing around on the stretcher, flailing his arms and pulling at his own hair.  Common man, get over the histrionics.

707715[/snapback]

He's not coming back for the tournament. Chances are it's a bad injury but I do agree about the acting. But that will never change.

I'm not glad we lost, although if it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't know the World Cup was going on anyways. No one around here is talking about it, no news or anything. Soccer is non existant around here. We just count down the days until american football season.

707748[/snapback]

Yesterday on Dan Patrick Show, they were talking about Dwayne Wade and Shaq and the NBA finals. Then DP stops and says, "oh by the way the US lost 3-nil, that's my world cup update, now back to Dwayne Wade".

It doesn't bother me that an NFL fan or NHL fan says soccer is boring since hockey is at least fast paced...

but NBA, MLB :)

707706[/snapback]

So why post it then? Just don't watch...

Yesterday on Dan Patrick Show, they were talking about Dwayne Wade and Shaq and the NBA finals.  Then DP stops and says, "oh by the way the US lost 3-nil, that's my world cup update, now back to Dwayne Wade".

It doesn't bother me that an NFL fan or NHL fan says soccer is boring since hockey is at least fast paced...

but NBA, MLB :)

707772[/snapback]

Basketball games can be fun to watch at times, but I agree with you about baseball.

Basketball games can be fun to watch at times, but I agree with you about baseball.

707785[/snapback]

I watch both of them, i'm just saying.

Just like the ESPN guys who hate hockey for whatever reason.