Steelers QB Ben R. In Motorcycle Crash

Mark VI

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Kellen Winslow JR incident, I remember seeing Big Ben on TV saying that he rode a motorcycle and that he rode with discretion. He also stated that Cowher was aginst him riding.

I wonder with this new development if Steelers players will be forbidden to ride motorcycles.

Roethlisberger hurt in motorcycle crash

Monday, June 12, 2006

By Michael A. Fuoco, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured when his motorcycle was involved in a crash on the 10th Street Bridge today.

Roethlisberger was injured shortly after 11:30 a.m. at the Second Avenue side of the bridge near the Armstrong Tunnel.

Steelers' spokesman David Lockett confirmed Roethlisberger was involved and is being treated at Mercy Hospital.

An eyewitness said she saw a motorcycle headed outbound on Second Avenue as a car was coming inbound. The car made a left turn toward the bridge in front of the cyclist. The motorcycle hit the car and the operator flew into the windshield and then hit the ground.

The witness said she went to the aid of the motorcyclist and asked his name. He said it was "Ben" and tried to get up, but she told him to stay still.

The victim was bleeding heavily from a head injury.

Roethlisberger has been known to refuse to wear a helmet when operating his cycle.

Just breaking news.

Went over handlebars into windshield of car according to a witness. Not wearing a helmet. Was talking @ the scene. Steelers have confirmed he was in an accident.

:huh::lol: NO helmet!

You know there is no helmet law in PA, and Ben R was adamant he was not going to wear one.

707062[/snapback]

There's a similar law in Ohio as well, you can wear one if you want but you don't have to.

There's a similar law in Ohio as well, you can wear one if you want but you don't have to.

707087[/snapback]

Uhhh....there is actually a law that says you don't have to wear a helmet? :huh:

Have they passed the law saying that you aren't required to jump off a bridge?

Roethlisberger hurt in motorcycle crash

An eyewitness said she saw a motorcycle headed outbound on Second Avenue as a car was coming inbound. The car made a left turn toward the bridge in front of the cyclist. The motorcycle hit the car and the operator flew into the windshield and then hit the ground.

707069[/snapback]

Amazing the idiots that make lefts in front of bikes. Just the other day in WNY

bike accident

Please be warned....my sister works at the DMV in Buffalo....guess who came in and got a motorcycle liscence in March?

A clue: it wasn't Kelly Holcomb, Craig Nall, Kliff Kingsbury, Troy Ochs or Marv Levy!

I work for the PA Senate. My boss was the author of the bill that afforded motorcycle riders the choice to wear a helmet or not. They have to go thru extensive training and must wear goggles, but are not mandated to wear a helmet. I'm not saying I'm for or against, but I do know quite a bit about the law.

And it was in his contract (Big Ben's) but the Steelers would face a PR nightmare if they went hardball after a young QB that just won them a Super Bowl. That would be stupid beyond all belief.

From a purely legal perspective, do you have the constitutional right to drive a motorcycle? It seems as though if your car has to pass inspection, etc., there is a self-safety concern that the state can regulate. Also, I suppose, it's legal for insurance companies to decide that motorcyclists are too risky to cover. Legal. Not advisable - I'm just curious.

Please be warned....my sister works at the DMV in Buffalo....guess who came in and got a motorcycle liscence in March? 

A clue:  it wasn't Kelly Holcomb, Craig Nall, Kliff Kingsbury, Troy Ochs or Marv Levy!

707105[/snapback]

I got mine in April :huh:

No bike yet, and although I'm really itching, just not sure................