*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too  concur that France would be a stronger opponent...As I watch the Portugese play all I can think is that Greg Louganis must be a national hero....that and the 'crybaby' attitude of the Portugese makes me say  "viva la Bleu..." (AT least for today)...

718471[/snapback]

France winning the World Cup in Berlin, in the shadow of the Siegessäule, cannot be allowed to happen

I think the Dutch have something similar to the non-fruit version. It's called 'ollie bollen' (not enirely sure of the spelling --- that's just how it was pronounced by my grandparents when they used to make it over the stove). There's a mix of batter, to which they usually put in some raisins and it's rolled up in about meatball-sized balls and fried in oil. I think it probably does call for powdered sugar, but my grandmother has diabetes, so that means no one else can have sugar in their house either. :doh:

I'll have to get that recipie. That was always a special day when they made those.

718430[/snapback]

Yeah, that actually sounds pretty damn good too :lol: And I'm betting that if we get a hold of the recipes, you could try to make yours and I could try to make mine until our heart's content, but they'd still taste nothing like when "grandma" used to make it :lol:

So they're the Yankees of "soccer." Like I needed another reason to hate them.

718551[/snapback]

Yet you have no problem supporting Brazil or England, whose rosters are just as expensive.

In other words, you wouldn't say "average".  You'd say "average and overpriced".   :lol:

718544[/snapback]

Would you say that Buffon, Cannavaro and Zambrotta are worth every penny though. :lol: :lol:

Just one thing...

ITALIA!

718654[/snapback]

Where the heck have you been hiding out lately???? Good to see you back!

Yet you have no problem supporting Brazil or England, whose rosters are just as expensive.

718611[/snapback]

I had no problem supporting England because it's in my lineage...and for Brazil, they won by default as every other team left could suck my balls.

not very well.  Italians are some of the worst drivers around.  They have no regard for any traffic signal, pedestrians, or one way streets

718666[/snapback]

And even when they do, they always roll around in the middle of the road like they've just been in an accident...mother!@#$ing genius drivers, I tell ya...

not very well.  Italians are some of the worst drivers around.  They have no regard for any traffic signal, pedestrians, or one way streets

718666[/snapback]

I agree. But they still design some of the best cars in the world.

Schumacher must be pissed :lol:

And even when they do, they always roll around in the middle of the road like they've just been in an accident...mother!@#$ing genius drivers, I tell ya...

718670[/snapback]

LOL!!! And after watching them in the WC this year, that mental image comes very easily :lol: