*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

Meazza must be crapping his paints right now....crazy Aussies are even bringing out the bicycle kicks! :blush:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg....Italy goes for the dive inside the box and gets the PK.... :blush:

The Aussies deserved better.....

that ending sucks.  Aussie totally outplayed those divers!

714108[/snapback]

I would have died if the keeper saved that PK.....that would have been awesome. He had the right direction, but Totti's shot was pretty much perfect.

I would have died if the keeper saved that PK.....that would have been awesome. He had the right direction, but Totti's shot was pretty much perfect.

714111[/snapback]

no chance for the goaltender on that one. I was so looking forward to a 15 minute OT

no chance for the goaltender on that one.  I was so looking forward to a 15 minute OT

714113[/snapback]

Me too....I didn't see the first half, so I was hoping this would have gone a bit longer. Oh well..... Dang, there's only lke 10 or 11 matches left.....I'm going to go through some serious withdrawal pretty soon, lol.

Another blown call?

714115[/snapback]

They're saying the Aussie defender should have stayed on his feet, and that it wasn't the refs fault, so I dunno....But on the replay you could clearly see that it was a dive, so in my mind it's a sh------- way to get the win.

Me too....I didn't see the first half, so I was hoping this would have gone a bit longer. Oh well.....  Dang, there's only lke 10 or 11 matches left.....I'm going to go through some serious withdrawal pretty soon, lol.

714116[/snapback]

I hear you. One more match today- Ukraine-Switzerland should be good. Shevchenko is one of the top players in the world and is fun to watch

OMG, 24 pages for this thread?  There are American citizens who actually care about this?

714118[/snapback]

evidently and there are plenty of American citizens who dont like soccer that cannot resist but post in this thread

OMG, 24 pages for this thread?  There are American citizens who actually care about this?

714118[/snapback]

You're kinda late to the party....the haters have already come and gone.

I hear you.  One more match today- Ukraine-Switzerland should be good.  Shevchenko is one of the top players in the world and is fun to watch

714119[/snapback]

That guy was like a one-man show last match....I hope he lights it up again today

I don't understand why soccer players feel they need to disgrace their sport by taking dives _all_ the time.

If that italian player were to jump over the defender, or run around him, he is 1 on 1 with the goalie, and gets to score a highlight reel goal. Instead, he is a coward. Sure, he won, but he is no sportsman in my book.

...Instead, he is a coward.  Sure, he won, but he is no sportsman in my book.

714127[/snapback]

I agree. Some players have class and some don't. But, as in life, the scumbag often gets the glory.

With all they yellow & red cards flying around, it's a shame to me that we haven't seen one for diving yet. At least, I haven't seen it happen--maybe someone can correct me on this, but I doubt it.

In any case, this is still a great WC overall I think.

I don't understand why soccer players feel they need to disgrace their sport by taking dives _all_ the time.

If that italian player were to jump over the defender, or run around him, he is 1 on 1 with the goalie, and gets to score a highlight reel goal.  Instead, he is a coward.  Sure, he won, but he is no sportsman in my book.

714127[/snapback]

By the time he jumps over him or runs around him, another defender or the goalkeeper could have closed him down. Blocking someone's path to goal without actually playing the ball is obstruction and is a foul. Was it a debatable decision? Probably, but on the other hand the sending-off was extremely dubious. No way was that worthy of a straight red.

714137[/snapback]

There's no question about that, I agree. There have been some AMAZING goals....more than I expected, that's for sure. I've seen at least one game every day since 6/9, and I'm not the least bit tired of it. It's going to suck when it's over :blush:

I agree.  Some players have class and some don't.  But, as in life, the scumbag often gets the glory.

With all they yellow & red cards flying around, it's a shame to me that we haven't seen one for diving yet.  At least, I haven't seen it happen--maybe someone can correct me on this, but I doubt it.

714137[/snapback]

Can't think of the game(s) in which they occurred but I'm pretty sure players have been yellow-carded for it. I agree that refs should come down harder on this - some of the diving in the Portugal-Holland game was ridiculous.

I just checked the schedule and I realized that I have watched 26 of the 53 games so far. It would be more if not for work. A few games I have taped and watched after work. Maybe I have a problem--I don't care though. If loving this game is wrong, I don't wanna be right.