*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

That's interesting....I had no idea there were that many Italians in Quebec. That's really cool you had that experience with your dad, too. My dad coached my soccer teams when I was a kid, so it's special to me in that way, too.

I was just looking at the schedule and I see that Brazil is playing on Tuesday, so I don't feel quite as bad about working on Monday now, lol. If the Czechs are banged up, I'm more looking forward to the game against you guys anyway. I think we play you next Saturday, right? That's going to rock :lol: Hopefully we'll both be 1-0 goign into it to keep it all the more interesting.

706516[/snapback]

There are not many Italians in Quebec, only in Montreal ;)

Game 2 is on the 22nd at 3PM EST. It should be a nice game. Good luck with them Czechs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are not many Italians in Quebec, only in Montreal ;) 

Game 2 is on the 22nd at 3PM EST.  It should be a nice game.  Good luck with them Czechs.

706518[/snapback]

Good, if it's at 3pm then the chances of both of us actually being awake are good LOL

Good, if it's at 3pm then the chances of both of us actually being awake are good LOL

706519[/snapback]

I will be awake. How I will be feeling will probably be the reflection of Monday's game.

I will be awake.  How I will be feeling will probably be the reflection of Monday's game.

706523[/snapback]

I don't know anything about Ghana, other than the fact that someone was saying how every World Cup there is usually one surprise African team. I thought Ivory Coast was looking good today, but they couldn't score. Maybe Ghana will sh-- the bed and it will be an easy 3pts for both of us. It will be a lot more fun the rest of the way if we can both come out of our group and send Ghana and the Czechs home ;)

I don't know anything about Ghana, other than the fact that someone was saying how every World Cup there is usually one surprise African team. I thought Ivory Coast was looking good today, but they couldn't score. Maybe Ghana will sh-- the bed and it will be an easy 3pts for both of us. It will be a lot more fun the rest of the way if we can both come out of our group and send Ghana and the Czechs home  ;)

706527[/snapback]

Ghana has 3 players that play in European leagues. That on its own will be tough. They have one dude, Stephen Appiah who has a lot of talent. He used to play for Juventus. Not sure where he is now.

Oh thanks, I guess I will go crawl back under my rock now....... :lol:

706237[/snapback]

Come stand on top of mine. ;)

I'm pulling for England to win the whole thing. Yeah, yeah...I'm American. But I also recognize America winning the World Cup would be like the Mighty Ducks winning the Stanley Cup....it's just not right. I've got more English in my ancestry than anything else so I stick with them.

One thing that kind of sucks about the WC in the US is that there is pretty lackluster coverage. I ended up watching Argentina-Ivory Coast on DTV channel 402, with the commentary in spanish. Looked like Argentina got screwed out of a goal in the first half...

One thing that kind of sucks about the WC in the US is that there is pretty lackluster coverage. I ended up watching Argentina-Ivory Coast on DTV channel 402, with the commentary in spanish. Looked like Argentina got screwed out of a goal in the first half...

706548[/snapback]

Isn't ESPN offering the whole schedule on HD? That's what I heard on ESPN radio. Maybe it's only US games.

Isn't ESPN offering the whole schedule on HD?  That's what I heard on ESPN radio.  Maybe it's only US games.

706549[/snapback]

I think they show a couple of games, unless you purchase a package. I don't have enough time to invest in it since match times are all over the place...

I think they show a couple of games, unless you purchase a package. I don't have enough time to invest in it since match times are all over the place...

706554[/snapback]

Match times are 11am EST and 3pm EST usually. Sportsnet is also showing every game.

706554[/snapback]

ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 are broadcasting every game, all of them in HD. I can't see the ESPN2 ones in HD cause I only have regular ESPN2...but the ABC and ESPN ones I can watch in HD ;)

ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 are broadcasting every game, all of them in HD. I can't see the ESPN2 ones in HD cause I only have regular ESPN2...but the ABC and ESPN ones I can watch in HD  ;)

706605[/snapback]

Watch out for Argentina. They left Javier Zanetti, Veron, Walter Samuel back at home, and benched Pablo Aimar and still managed to play strong. The coach made the tough move and took out all the "cancers" of the team.

Watch out for Argentina.  They left Javier Zanetti, Veron, Walter Samuel back at home, and benched Pablo Aimar and still managed to play strong.  The coach made the tough move and took out all the "cancers" of the team.

706607[/snapback]

Yep, they looked pretty good against a team that was giving them all they wanted. They'll definitely be an interesting team to watch

Great game by the Dutch -- although the gave me a few scares at the end.  Robben was certainly the "man of the match."

706655[/snapback]

Dang, I pulled a Meazza and slept through the game....hopefully the next two will be good ;)