Kerry Collins: Bust or Bad Luck?

I am still surprised that Kerry Collins is still unemployed. I wanted to get as many opinions from this board, but do you think Collins is that bad a QB or was he just with the wrong teams(Panthers & Giants)?

I do'nt think he got a fair chance with the Raiders as well, and I think the Raiders are foolish if they think that Aaron Brooks is an upgrade.

Also, looking at other QB situations in the NFL, does'nt Collins deserve at least a look by at least one team out there? I know he's not young anymore but he's better than some of the others out there.

BTW, just to diffuse the potential explosion, I am not suggesting the Bills sign him.

He's the ultimate streak qb. He can look like Joe Montana at times. However, he can also look like one of the worst qbs in the league. Collins is a like a more turnover prone Bledsoe. He certainly isn't a bust (been to a Super Bowl and NFC championship game) but at this point, he won't be a starter for a quality team.

Neither. He's been a decent QB throughout his career. He's hardly a top tier guy but certainly better than what the bottom feeders usually put on the field. But he's not a young guy anymore and doesn't have any 'upside'. You know you're getting a marginal QB, and a lot of teams would rather not spend vet money on a guy that probably isn't taking them to the playoffs and/or go with the young guys. But in the right situation with a talented, veteran team that needs a fill in QB, he might be a good fit.