World Cup on ESPN/ABC/ESPN2

Yawn- another American bashing post by Pyle

702238[/snapback]

It's the certain things in life that make you wish you had the :fyou smiley around. HP dropping by to let us know how happy he is to be Canadian, whoopie.

I can't stand watching a game with American commentators. And I'm trying to figure out if I need to pick up BBC, etc. or if ESPN et al will just pick up the british feed.

Any one know?

702204[/snapback]

It's on TSN. All the soccer commentators suck. I usually watch it in Spanish or Italian.

lighten up folks', lets reword that with I hate North American commentators.

I don't have TSN, I have US satellite. But I am considering getting TSN just to avoid having to listen to some MSL hack try to do commentary on a world cup game and make a goal kick sound exciting.

And I don't need to American bash, the rest of the world appears to be doing that.

Cheers!

And I don't need to American bash, the rest of the world appears to be doing that.

702351[/snapback]

Funny I have done my fair share of traveling abroad and find people extra friendly when they come to find out I am an American

BTW - hows Canadas team gonna make out this world cup? <_<

Funny, I've don't my share of travelling and when I've said I'm Canadian they were glad because they thought I was American. It's interesting that alot of Americans travel with a Canadian Flag on their back pack or say they are Canadian.

Canada's population is 10% of the US and we can still give you guys a decent run in a game. Lets not forget the best player from North America is Owen Hargreaves, a Canadian born and raised player. I still play with some of his team mates in mens league. I didn't play with Owen as he is younger.

Plus, it will be 3 and out for the US. As fun as this is, back to the orginal question, do you know if the ABC/ESPN games will be a british feed or American commentary?

Funny, I've don't my share of travelling and when I've said I'm Canadian they were glad because they thought I was American. It's interesting that alot of Americans travel with a Canadian Flag on their back pack or say they are Canadian.

Canada's population is 10% of the US and we can still give you guys a decent run in a game. Lets not forget the best player from North America is Owen Hargreaves, a Canadian born and raised player. I still play with some of his team mates in mens league. I didn't play with Owen as he is younger.

Plus, it will be 3 and out for the US. As fun as this is, back to the orginal question, do you know if the ABC/ESPN games will be a british feed or American commentary?

702376[/snapback]

People use Canadian flags becuase nobody cares about Canada. It's like using a low tech invisibility cloak.

And if playing soccer could get you a full scholarship to any college in the US, give you fame thoughout your high school and college years, and possibly lead to millions of dollars, there would be plenty of great American players. I like soccer, but almost nobody in the US really cares.

And no, don't have a clue about the commentary.

Canada is about as relevant to the global stage as I am to Cindy Crawford. It's funny, whenever you hear a Canadian running his mouth, it's always something about the US that is bad....never something about Canada that is good. And I even like Canada!

Kirk > Picard > Rod Brind'Amour > Rosanne > Big Smelly Turd > Soccer :)

702368[/snapback]

Damn you....I was going to take a shot at your soccer dissing, but since you have Kirk>Picard you're like my brother <_<

Canada is about as relevant to the global stage as I am to Cindy Crawford. It's funny, whenever you hear a Canadian running his mouth, it's always something about the US that is bad....never something about Canada that is good. And I even like Canada!

702398[/snapback]

Personally, I prefer it like that. But please do not make HardyPyle or whatever his nickname is represent Canada just as I do not use VaBills as a representation of most people in USA <_<

Personally, I prefer it like that.  But please do not make HardyPyle or whatever his nickname is represent Canada just as I do not use VaBills as a representation of most people in USA :)

702400[/snapback]

lol, fair enough :) But I really do like Canada....I LOVE Toronto. I just have to play the irrelevant card when someone runs their mouth <_<

lol, fair enough ;)  But I really do like Canada....I LOVE Toronto. I just have to play the irrelevant card when someone runs their mouth  <_<

702402[/snapback]

How can you say you love Canada, and then mention Toronto in the same sentence. Toronto shouldn't even be a part of Canada. They don't know how to party, their hockey arena is filled with corporate people and that's why Leaf fans can only get to see their team live when the Leafs are playing the Sabres, Sens or Habs :)

You should visit Montreal, that's the true representation of Canada :)