Nance could become our

I know he's a UDFA so spare me the line about he has to make the roster first. Being a Western Michigan Alum I witnessed Nance's jump ball skill first hand. Needless to say the guy can elevate, and he does a fantastic job catching the ball at it's highest point. If done right the fade is a very difficult move for DB to defend and virtually impossible to defend against someone with Nance’s height and leaping ability. His route running/speed/agility is not NFL caliber yet, but for the time being if Nance can just become our jump ball man in the Red Zone it could make the difference between making the playoffs and being at home.

Ernest Wilford

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If done right the fade is a very difficult move for DB to defend and virtually impossible to defend against someone with Nance’s height and leaping ability. 

Ernest Wilford

700993[/snapback]

Let's see...Holcomb can't throw a lob...JP will be sprinting around the 'pocket' with his back to the line...Nall can't throw a spiral (too much clipboard holding)...we're doomed!

Its almost 3:30am, can't you at least wait for the morning crew to divert my thread  :P

701007[/snapback]

Sorry about that....it was almost 5:30pm here &....well.....

HE LOOKS LIKE THE NUTTY PROFFESOR!!! :D

Back to seriousness...

did Nance go undrafted because of his injuries or ???

I'm a little baffled how he could put up such huge stats & go undrafted.

Went undrafted because of the injury two years ago (though he put up good numbers again the next year) and also because I think he only did IT one year without big Ben throwing the ball, and most likely based on the strength of the teams he faced in his division. But tis just mere speculation on my part.

Maybe this is a LAMP reply, but...

...my girlfriend is a coworker of Nance's sister. On the day Nance was signed, his sister sent an e-mail to dozens of people, saying that she had never really paid any attention to the Bills before, but now she's going to be "the world's biggest Bills fan". I certainly appreciated the bandwagon-jumping sentiment, but I told my girlfriend to refer Nance's sister to TBD in order to get a sense of what it means to be a true Bills fan before making such claims! The passion, the intensity, the cynicism, the masochism, the boatloads of money being spent watching the team lose... now *that's* what Bills fan-dom really means!

And yes, I'm one of the people spending a huge portion of my disposable income watching losses. :D

Go Martin Nance! Go Bills!

Maybe this is a LAMP reply, but...

Go Martin Nance!  Go Bills!

701252[/snapback]

YESS!!!! GO MUTHA FING BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

GO MARTIN NANCE!!!!

GO OLD MAN LEVY!!!!!!!!

GO MF'ing "(insert bills player name here)"

THIS YEAR IS GOING TO ROCK LIKE WINGER BABY!!!!!!!

YESS!!!! GO MUTHA FING BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

GO MARTIN NANCE!!!!

GO OLD MAN LEVY!!!!!!!!

GO MF'ing  "(insert bills player name here)"

THIS YEAR IS GOING TO ROCK LIKE WINGER BABY!!!!!!!

701418[/snapback]

Put down the pipe...

I saw that Nance had a VJ of only 33".  I thought that was pretty weak for a WR.  But I guess at 6'4" that's not as much of an issue, although you'd like to see the guy get closer to 40".

701021[/snapback]

At 6'4 with his arm length that should be more then enough VJ.

Put down the pipe...

701445[/snapback]

Whats the matter? Did I sunshine on your rain? WTF is your problem?

anybody wanna pure example of whats wrong with these boards check the quote above. It's a sad day when somebody accuses me of being high beacause I was rooting for my favorite sports team...

I know he's a UDFA so spare me the line about he has to make the roster first.  Being a Western Michigan Alum I witnessed Nance's jump ball skill first hand. Needless to say the guy can elevate, and he does a fantastic job catching the ball at it's highest point.  If done right the fade is a very difficult move for DB to defend and virtually impossible to defend against someone with Nance’s height and leaping ability.  His route running/speed/agility is not NFL caliber yet, but for the time being if Nance can just become our jump ball man in the Red Zone it could make the difference between making the playoffs and being at home. 

Ernest Wilford

700993[/snapback]

Maybe. Key is improving speed, cutting, which equates to getting open besides just being tall, string with good hands. Speed and in and out of breaks are HIS key to make the team.

From what I saw of highlights, his college performance in those areas don't equate to an impact player in the NFL. IMO...

Maybe.  Key is improving speed, cutting, which equates to getting open besides just being tall, string with good hands.  Speed and in and out of breaks are HIS key to make the team. 

From what I saw of highlights, his college performance in those areas don't equate to an impact player in the NFL.  IMO...

701549[/snapback]

I agree that he is not NFL ready in those areas, all of which play a critical role to an every down receiver. But what I see happening with Nance is him making this team because he can provide our receivers with a dimension we just don't have right now. In the past we haven't run many fade patterns and if we did it was to Moulds. With Moulds gone we have no WR on this roster that can run that pattern around the goal line. With the RZ problems we had last year that dimension could win Nance a spot he probably wouldn't win on a team with larger WR's.