Nance could become our

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KzooMike, just give up because this LaDairis guy won't let it go. He's got an answer for everything and won't accept anything anyone else has to say... There's nothing productive in that so don't waste your time. Go home to your family and let LaDairis go back to his Dungeons and Dragons or whatever... Now I am sure I will get flamed or whatever with some witty diatribe referencing parrots and the like, but whatever. He's probably played football in high school and then played at the junior college level so he knows what he's talking about and none of us do...

<_<

Scout's Inc.

Strengths: He has great size and good speed for his size. Is tall, well-built and muscular. He tends to build speed as he goes, but does have good top-end speed for his size. He has long arms, great height and impressive leaping ability -- he reportedly as a vertical leap of 34.5". He comes down with a lot of jump balls and is a true threat on fade routes and in the red zone. His size, wingspan and leaping ability make him a potential mismatch versus smaller DB's in man-coverage. He is a savvy route runner. Not explosive but smooth as a route runner. He will do a great job of finding soft spots in zone. He isn't afraid to go over the middle. His hands are very reliable. He has big hands and good concentration. Will pluck the ball on the run and also shows the consistent ability to make the tough catch in traffic. He adjusts well to the deep ball and can catch over his shoulder. He has good sideline awareness and is a tough runner after the catch. He shows good vision and some quickness as a runner. He lacks explosive speed but is shifty and has better yards-after-catch production than most players like him. He is a willing blocker with good size and technique. A high-character player with no off-the-field issues. Quiet demeanor but competitive.

Weaknesses: Durability is a concern following season-ending knee injury in 2004. He is fluid but lacks suddenness. He gears down too much when getting into his breaks and he also lacks explosive burst out of his breaks. He is deceptively fast but it takes him a while to reach top speed. He's not going to run away from many defenders in the NFL. He may have a more difficult time separating from man-coverage at the next level, as well, due to his lack of explosive top-end speed.

Overall: Nance redshirted in 2001 and played as a reserve in 2002 before emerging as one of the nation's most productive and explosive receivers as a sophomore in 2003, when he finished with 90 receptions for 1,498 yards and finished fourth nationally with an average of 107 receiving yards per game. A left knee injury (partial tear of ACL) prematurely ended his junior season in 2004, as he played in just five of 13 games and finished with 25 receptions for 337 yards and one TD. Nance bounced back with a hugely productive season as a senior in 2005, when he finished with 1,107 yards and 14 touchdowns on 81 receptions, including a nine-catch, 106-yard performance versus Ohio State. Nance does not have great initial quickness and he seems to lack suddenness as a route runner. While he has developed into a consistent vertical playmaker at the collegiate level, Nance does not possess elite top-end speed to run by NFL defensive backs. There is some long-term concern regarding his durability, as well. However, Nance showed no signs of lingering affects from his season-ending 2004 knee injury and he continued to dominate the mid-major level of competition as a senior in 2005. His outstanding production versus Ohio State as a senior helps ease concerns regarding level of competition. Nance has excellent size and is a fluid athlete with deceptive speed. He also possesses elite leaping ability and hands. In our opinion, Nance is worth selecting early on Day 2 of the 2006 draft.

What the hell is wrong with PARROTING anyway????

I will proudly PARROT stats, 'expert' opinions, someone elses logicical analysis, etc, etc.

About the only thing I wont PARROT is people who tell me how things are by what they saw. Only after showing success many times in their analysis of someones play will I contemplate it.(Though I will keep it in mind & not simply dismiss it either)

If you won't listen to someone quoting someone/something else because it is PARROTING, how can you expect them to take onboard/relay(PARROT) what you are saying?

Get as much information from as many sources as possible & make a LOGICAL assessment.

Great thread KzooMike...lotsa fun. <_<

"I" "don't" "know" "why" "everyone" "keeps" "trying" "to" "argue" "with" "this" "guy". "It's" "like" "all" "you" "have" "to" "do" "is" "start" "calling" "people" "names" "around" "here" "and" "you" "get" "all" "the" "attention" "you" "want".

"I" "don't" "know" "why" "everyone" "keeps" "trying" "to" "argue" "with" "this" "guy".  "It's" "like" "all" "you" "have" "to" "do" "is" "start" "calling" "people" "names" "around" "here" "and" "you" "get" "all" "the" "attention" "you" "want".

702504[/snapback]

Yeah....but it was fun watching him spit the dummy like that.

Good use of """ :doh:

Nance was 12th this year in Division 1 in Avg. Yards Per Game. Stovall was 17th, Santonio Holmes 36th.

Source

Name Team G Rec Yds TD Rec/G Yds/Rec Yds/G

1. Mike Hass Oregon State 11 90 1532 6 8.2 17.0 139.3

2. Greg Jennings Western Michigan 11 98 1259 14 8.9 12.8 114.5

3. LaReylle Cunningham California 1 5 112 1 5.0 22.4 112.0

4. Jason Hill Washington State 10 62 1097 13 6.2 17.7 109.7

5. Jeff Samardzija Notre Dame 12 77 1249 15 6.4 16.2 104.1

6. Sidney Rice South Carolina 11 70 1143 13 6.4 16.3 103.9

7. Ryan Grice-Mullen Hawaii 12 85 1228 12 7.1 14.4 102.3

8. David Anderson Colorado State 12 86 1221 8 7.2 14.2 101.8

9. Ryne Robinson Miami (OH) 11 75 1119 8 6.8 14.9 101.7

10. Jovon Bouknight Wyoming 11 77 1116 12 7.0 14.5 101.5

11. Derek Hagan Arizona State 12 77 1210 8 6.4 15.7 100.8

12. Martin Nance Miami (OH) 11 81 1107 14 7.4 13.7 100.6

Big Ben Roethlisberger finally says something about Nance:

"He's going to be very, very good," Roethlisberger said at Jim Kelly's charity golf tournament. "I told the people in our [steelers] office, "Mark my words, in five years he's going to be one of the best in the league.' I have that much confidence in him. I know he's got confidence in himself. I wish we had him, unfortunately."

FWIW.

FWIW.

706323[/snapback]

What Big Ben and the Steelers actually did on Draft Day was to pass on Nance, even in Rounds 6 and 7... picks 201 and 240...

but for BEAKED BIRDBRAINS who want to PARROT that which suits their view, some quote from Big Ben at a golf event is PROOF that Nance will be a star in 5 years, because Big Ben must have REALLY, REALLY LOBBIED hard for the Steelers to Draft this "star"...

and Ernest Wilford is just great because he had 40 catches and 7 TDs against zone, but was erased as a starter in the playoff loss to Buffalo archrival NE and led the NFL by a TALL=GOOD birdbrained margin in DROP PERCENTAGE...

Now, PARROT ON, MORONS...

Maybe this is a LAMP reply, but...

...my girlfriend is a coworker of Nance's sister.  On the day Nance was signed, his sister sent an e-mail to dozens of people, saying that she had never really paid any attention to the Bills before, but now she's going to be "the world's biggest Bills fan".  I certainly appreciated the bandwagon-jumping sentiment, but I told my girlfriend to refer Nance's sister to TBD in order to get a sense of what it means to be a true Bills fan before making such claims!  The passion, the intensity, the cynicism, the masochism, the boatloads of money being spent watching the team lose... now *that's* what Bills fan-dom really means!

And yes, I'm one of the people spending a huge portion of my disposable income watching losses.  ;)

Go Martin Nance!  Go Bills!

701252[/snapback]

Did you mention The Curse?

What Big Ben and the Steelers actually did on Draft Day was to pass on Nance, even in Rounds 6 and 7... picks 201 and 240...

but for BEAKED BIRDBRAINS who want to PARROT that which suits their view, some quote from Big Ben at a golf event is PROOF that Nance will be a star in 5 years, because Big Ben must have REALLY, REALLY LOBBIED hard for the Steelers to Draft this "star"...

and Ernest Wilford is just great because he had 40 catches and 7 TDs against zone, but was erased as a starter in the playoff loss to Buffalo archrival NE and led the NFL by a TALL=GOOD birdbrained margin in DROP PERCENTAGE...

Now, PARROT ON, MORONS...

The fool has spoken. Sorry but Ben Roethlisberger trumps YOU. Hopefully you'll figure that out some day, and you'll get over Nance sleeping with your sister, which I imagine is close to the underlying reason why you have something personal against him.

Oh yeah, and the Steelers took WR's in the 1st and 3rd rounds of the draft. But don't let that fact get in your way.

"Sorry but Ben Roethlisberger trumps YOU"

LMFAO!!!

Translation: my BEAKED BIRDBRAIN is so obsessed with the PARROTING=PROOF standard that a quote from Ben at a charity golf outing about a former teammate who the Steelers passed on at pick 240 of round 7 gets me all excited. I am sure that the Steeler FO ignored Ben's pleas all Draft Weekend to spend a pick on Nance. Why would the Steeler FO pay any attention to their starting QB for the next decade? PARROTING=PROOF and now that I have my PARROTING I am gonna BAWK BAWK BAWK that because PARROTING of Big Ben trumps the reality of Big Ben's team passing on Nance in Round 7 and not making a serious effort to sign Nance as an undrafted. Indeed, Nance himself must have chosen Buffalo over Pitt, because that is what my BIRDBRAIN wants to believe, and why in the world would Nance want to go to a team that has the QB responsible for Nance's best years at Miami OH??

PS - Reid is much more of a KR than a WR...

706323[/snapback]

LaDarius finally says something about Nance:

Nance went undrafted because he does not have good ball skills at all. The guy has bricks for hands (and so does the Jags leading dropper last year, Wilford). Nance does not adjust well to the ball. He does well if the ball is right to him (like it was when Big Ben was his QB).

Does the fact that I am 'parroting' this quote mean I fully believe in what it is being said or perhaps it is an attempt at an addition to the conversation....a piece of news that is relevent to the topic.

Hang on....I'm not allowed to mention this because it is just Parroting.

"Does the fact that I am 'parroting' this quote mean I fully believe in what it is being said or perhaps it is an attempt at an addition to the conversation"

Depends on whether or not you presented it as a quote of someone else and nothing more, or you appropriated it as "your" 100% pure PARROTED "opinion" as the Disease did...

"Does the fact that I am 'parroting' this quote mean I fully believe in what it is being said or perhaps it is an attempt at an addition to the conversation"

Depends on whether or not you presented it as a quote of someone else and nothing more, or you appropriated it as "your" 100% pure PARROTED "opinion" as the Disease did...

706478[/snapback]

;)

There really is a difference...

706478[/snapback]

Um....where did you get your 'knowledge' that the Disease took Big Bens comment as 100% pure.....

I've just re-read this thread & at no stage does Disease tip his hand over his thoughts on Nance(if any).

Just because someone questions your credibility(probably due to your dogmatic nature on the subject) does not mean that they have an opposing(& dogmatic) view to you.

To start with, all Disease was doing was what you yourself have been saying people should do. He was not going to blindly 'parrot' what you were saying, he was asking you if you had anything to back you up.

Also(& the reason for my intrusion into your argument...apart from it's fun), it is 100% rude to be insulting to somebody who is asking a legitimate question relating to what you have said.

As a general rule, as soon as you start to degenerate into name calling you start to lose credibility.