Nance could become our

"I've just re-read this thread & at no stage does Disease tip his hand over his thoughts on Nance"

LOL!!!

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit...

"Sorry but Ben Roethlisberger trumps YOU" is Disease's quote at 3:24pm today. What that quote means is that PARROTING Big Ben "trumps" my actual observations of Nance playing at Miami OH in the BIRDBRAIN that is the Disease. PARROTS never accept anyone's actual observations. There are "gurus" who are to be PARROTED and there are PARROTS who PARROT gurus. There is no right of any "non-guru" to have a take, especially one that conflicts with guru parroting...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I've just re-read this thread & at no stage does Disease tip his hand over his thoughts on Nance"

LOL!!!

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit...

"Sorry but Ben Roethlisberger trumps YOU" is Disease's quote at 3:24pm today.  What that quote means is that PARROTING Big Ben "trumps" my actual observations of Nance playing at Miami OH in the BIRDBRAIN that is the Disease.  PARROTS never accept anyone's actual observations.  There are "gurus" who are to be PARROTED and there are PARROTS who PARROT gurus.  There is no right of any "non-guru" to have a take, especially one that conflicts with guru parroting...

706488[/snapback]

LOL!!!

What that quote means is that Disease(if pressed) will take Big Bens opinion over your opinion.

Are you saying that Big Ben did not have an "actual observation of Nance playing at Miami."

Tell me that if Big Ben had said Nance was 'no good' you would not have taken that as a contribution to the topic.

"What that quote means is that Disease(if pressed) will take Big Bens opinion over your opinion."

There is no question that all of Disease's "opinions" about football stem from the "greater guru" parroting theory, which is that Disease's "take" is the parroting of the "greatest guru" Disease can parrot.

"Are you saying that Big Ben did not have an "actual observation of Nance playing at Miami.""

LMAO!!!

The clear and obvious truth is that when Big Ben's opinion of Nance mattered on Draft Weekend, the Steelers passed on Nance with pick 240 and then failed to sign him as an undrafted. Nance and Ben were teammates. Ben is not going to trash his former teammate publicly after clearly doing so to the Steeler FO on Draft Weekend. My goodness, you IDIOTS think EVERYONE MUST be a PARROT. How about this:

LaDairis developed an opinion of Nance by watching Nance play, not by PARROTING some guru...

Blasphemy!!!

Only certified "gurus" are allowed to make football opinions, and then PARROTS like you and Disease get "your" "opinions" from PARROTING...

"What that quote means is that Disease(if pressed) will take Big Bens opinion over your opinion."

There is no question that all of Disease's "opinions" about football stem from the "greater guru" parroting theory, which is that Disease's "take" is the parroting of the "greatest guru" Disease can parrot.

"Are you saying that Big Ben did not have an "actual observation of Nance playing at Miami.""

LMAO!!!

The clear and obvious truth is that when Big Ben's opinion of Nance mattered on Draft Weekend, the Steelers passed on Nance with pick 240 and then failed to sign him as an undrafted.  Nance and Ben were teammates.  Ben is not going to trash his former teammate publicly after clearly doing so to the Steeler FO on Draft Weekend.  My goodness, you IDIOTS think EVERYONE MUST be a PARROT.  How about this:

LaDairis developed an opinion of Nance by watching Nance play, not by PARROTING some guru...

Blasphemy!!!

Only certified "gurus" are allowed to make football opinions, and then PARROTS like you and Disease get "your" "opinions" from PARROTING...

706568[/snapback]

Oh...I have had it all wrong. I didn't realize that LaDairis was a certified "guru".

That was everybodies problem. Obviously we should consider a certified "gurus" opinion above those of non certified "gurus". ;)

Nance was 12th this year in Division 1 in Avg. Yards Per Game. Stovall was 17th, Santonio Holmes 36th.

Source

Name Team G Rec Yds TD Rec/G Yds/Rec Yds/G

1. Mike Hass  Oregon State 11 90 1532 6 8.2 17.0 139.3

2. Greg Jennings  Western Michigan 11 98 1259 14 8.9 12.8 114.5

3. LaReylle Cunningham  California 1 5 112 1 5.0 22.4 112.0

4. Jason Hill  Washington State 10 62 1097 13 6.2 17.7 109.7

5. Jeff Samardzija  Notre Dame 12 77 1249 15 6.4 16.2 104.1

6. Sidney Rice  South Carolina 11 70 1143 13 6.4 16.3 103.9

7. Ryan Grice-Mullen  Hawaii 12 85 1228 12 7.1 14.4 102.3

8. David Anderson  Colorado State 12 86 1221 8 7.2 14.2 101.8

9. Ryne Robinson  Miami (OH) 11 75 1119 8 6.8 14.9 101.7

10. Jovon Bouknight  Wyoming 11 77 1116 12 7.0 14.5 101.5

11. Derek Hagan  Arizona State 12 77 1210 8 6.4 15.7 100.8

12. Martin Nance  Miami (OH) 11 81 1107 14 7.4 13.7 100.6

702947[/snapback]

Wow, he was second on his own team.

Kzoo,

I like the idea of adding a tall WR to the mix and think he has a good chance of making the roster because he brings something new to the table. But, having not seen Nance play more than twice or so, I'm wondering if he is big or does he play big, too. You can get away with more in college than you can in the pros.

"Obviously we should consider a certified "gurus" opinion above those of non certified "gurus". "

And THAT is the "greater guru" theory of PARROTING to the letter...

Essentially, it means this:

I am a complete and total football invalid incapable of assessing the football I watch. Hence, to get "my" "opinion" I need a "guru" to parrot, and I choose the "greater guru" for my PARROTING based, not on what the team of such "guru" did on Draft Weekend, but rather what my BEAKED BIRDBRAIN wants to believe...

Wow, he was second on his own team.

Kzoo,

I like the idea of adding a tall WR to the mix and think he has a good chance of making the roster because he brings something new to the table.  But, having not seen Nance play more than twice or so, I'm wondering if he is big or does he play big, too.  You can get away with more in college than you can in the pros.

706631[/snapback]

LMAO!!!

Yeah, in the MAC they tend to throw a lot...

and the level of competition can be best summed up by how many MAC defenders got Drafted... not many...

guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain ;)

"Obviously we should consider a certified "gurus" opinion above those of non certified "gurus". "

And THAT is the "greater guru" theory of PARROTING to the letter...

Essentially, it means this:

I am a complete and total football invalid incapable of assessing the football I watch.  Hence, to get "my" "opinion" I need a "guru" to parrot, and I choose the "greater guru" for my PARROTING based, not on what the team of such "guru" did on Draft Weekend, but rather what my BEAKED BIRDBRAIN wants to believe...

706633[/snapback]

Aaaah, of course.

Ayn Rand eat your heart out.

But what if I assess the football I watch & come up with a totally different opinion than someone else who watched the same football?

What if I couldn't watch the football but am interested in aspects of said missed football game?

Whom do I listen to?

Who's voice do I trust?

Do I just make myself not be interested for fear of becoming a parot?

Oh, wow is me. I thought if I'd simply listen to LaDairis all would become clear.

guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain  ;)

706635[/snapback]

:lol::lol::)

no really

:)0:):lol:

or to quote another.....LMOA.....LOL!!!

Good one dumb-ass birdbrain.  Parroting the parrot sketch is the act of a parroter.  Why don't you create your own parrot sketch?  Then you can be considered a "guru" which other parrots can parrot.  ;)

706640[/snapback]

That was pretty good parotting, exceot I think you lose points for nothing being capitalized.

I'm amazed there are new YELLING posts of such an avian nature more than a week after someone snapped. Usually tempers flare then after a day or two people choose topics / conversations they enjoy.

I did think this would make a funny signature if someone was permanently offended:

I am a complete and total football invalid incapable of assessing the football I watch. Hence, to get "my" "opinion" I need a "guru" to parrot, and I choose the "greater guru" for my PARROTING based, not on what the team of such "guru" did on Draft Weekend, but rather what my BEAKED BIRDBRAIN wants to believe...

-LaDarius 6/11/06

I haven't seen Nancy play, but have heard wildly differing opinions of various players at times. I personally appreciate learning the stats and hearing observations/opinions as data points on which to build my opinions.

With regard to the commentary about height and leaping ability, I'd say that being able to consistently time your jump (and I personally have no idea if Nance does) adds about 3-5" to your height and gives you a much better chance in a jump ball situation. I'd love to have a tall receiver with reliable hands for short-to-mid yardage pass plays.

"I haven't seen Nancy play, but have heard wildly differing opinions of various players at times. I personally appreciate learning the stats and hearing observations/opinions as data points on which to build my opinions."

Then you are claiming that YOU have an "opinion" of a player that you have NEVER SEEN based solely on... that's right, PARROTING. That makes you a PARROT. Stats are facts. Without watching, stats can be very misleading, as I discussed earlier about Leftwich leading the Jags in rushing against the Pats. Write-ups are the opinions of others, not you. Once you read someone else's opinion, you either attribute that opinion to the author, or your BEAKED BIRDBRAIN appropriates that opinion as "your" "opinion."

"I'd love to have a tall receiver with reliable hands for short-to-mid yardage pass plays"

Like NFL Drop leader Ernest Wilford, who never got open against the Pats in the playoff game?

Or, like Martin Nance, who had 81 catches last year which "proved" to yet another PARROTING MORON here that Nance never dropped anything despite the fact that such PARROTING MORON, like you, never watched Nance play...

TALL=GOOD = Martin Nance and Hank Baskett, two of the three TALLEST WRs at the Senior Bowl, going UNDRAFTED

BIG=GOOD = Mike Williams and Bennie Anderson

PARROT = Reading someone else's opinion about a player you've never seen play a down and appropriating that as "your" "opinion"

The fact that "I appreciate learning the stats and hearing observations/opinions as data points on which to build my opinions" makes me a parrot?

If you want to call my attempts to learn about Nance parrotting, then so be it. I'm pretty comfortable with myself and think I take longer than most people to judge people, including you (after all, here I am responding).

After years of studying Psychology, Philosophy and Marketing I understand that my football (and other) opinions are based on what I hear, see (including reading) and trust, and that there are any number of ways I can be biased or conned. I have no illusion that I am correct. Nor do I have any faith that your opinion is more correct than the scouts quoted, or Big Ben. Why should I? Frankly, if you have first-hand observations or access to other data about Nance, I'd like to hear it. That kinda makes me a non-parrot, doesn't it?

Let me take a second to ask you to redeem yourself a bit: admit that you are repetitively squawking the same CAPITALIZED crap again and again here. If your point is to talk about Nance, then do so. If your point is to claim that first-hand observations deserve significantly more weight than objective recordings of fact, then maybe this shouldn't be on a football board at all(do we have an anti-science board?). I'd even be happy to debate this with you if you treat me with respect, but WTF has gotten under your skin here?