Tomorrow Night Football Season in Buffalo

Once the Sabres inevitably lose Game 7, and break the hearts of Buffalo sports fans, as ALWAYS is the case, it'll basically be football season in Buffalo.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but as a Buffalo sports fan, I think I'm entitled. . . I've earned it. History has dictated it. Even the story on the front page makes mention of this kind of thinking.

Hoping for the best :lol: . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a flash, I just thought of the most torturous thing. . . The Sabres BEAT Carolina in Game 7 tomorrow night. . . then proceed to the Stanley Cup. There, they give all kinds of hope to Buffalo sports fans. . . until losing Game 7 at home, to 8th seeded Edmonton.

Would this be the all-time crusher? Or is Wide Right never going to be topped?

Once the Sabres inevitably lose Game 7, and break the hearts of Buffalo sports fans, as ALWAYS is the case, it'll basically be football season in Buffalo.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but as a Buffalo sports fan, I think I'm entitled. . . I've earned it. History has dictated it. Even the story on the front page makes mention of this kind of thinking.

Hoping for the best  :lol: . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :D

700596[/snapback]

Take a hike bro. I know the pessemestics in Buffalo and I know who the real fans are. And I dont care that you have been a "fan forever" its easy to be a fan when things are fine and dandy, but once a little adversity comes up you tuck your tail and run. We dont need these kind of threads. Start something positive or nothing at all.

Take a hike bro. I know the pessemestics in Buffalo and I know who the real fans are. And I dont care that you have been a "fan forever" its easy to be a fan when things are fine and dandy, but once a little adversity comes up you tuck your tail and run. We dont need these kind of threads. Start something positive or nothing at all.

700615[/snapback]

"A little adversity"? Hmmm. Yeah, and 9/11 was a little mishap.

In a flash, I just thought of the most torturous thing. . . The Sabres BEAT Carolina in Game 7 tomorrow night. . . then proceed to the Stanley Cup. There, they give all kinds of hope to Buffalo sports fans. . . until losing Game 7 at home, to 8th seeded Edmonton.

700613[/snapback]

We would have to blow a 4-0 lead and get beat on a bogus penalty resulting in a penalty shot to begin the third overtime.

Dont ever compare 9/11 to anything in sports.

700621[/snapback]

I'm just illustrating that our sports past has been a bit more than "a little adversity". In fact, our heart-breaking moments are the subject of lore at this point. It has reached comic proportions in much of the country. Have you not read the article on the front page? That sums it up pretty well.

We would have to blow a 4-0 lead and get beat on a bogus penalty resulting in a penalty shot to begin the third overtime.

700619[/snapback]

Not quite.

The Sabres would have to be up 4-0 heading into the third, whereupon the refs would start calling penalties: a 4-minute major on Briere for having his skatelace untied, 2 minutes for Drury for being too desirable to the female demographic, 10 minutes on Campbell for having knocked the sh-- out of Umberger back in the Philly series, 4 minutes on Fitzpatrick b/c his last name is the end of the last word of a famous gay joke, 10 minutes on J.P. Dumont for speaking in French on the ice.

The refs would then have to get special dispensation from Bettman to have all of these players to serve their penalties simultaneously, curtailing the NHL Rulebook... and just for the hell of it, Bettman would have to decide that each penalty deserved Major Game Misconducts and the coaches and skaters would all have to go to the locker room for the duration of the game. Which would leave Ryan Miller all alone in net. Miller would then have to make 45 magical saves, letting just 3 get by him until :02 left. At this point, Rod Brind'Amour would have to skate up to the net, whack Miller alongside the facemask, step on the goalie stick and big trapper while Hedican puts one top shelf that really only hit the post and went in halfway, yet on the upstairs replay the goal is upheld.

That is what it would take to equal Wide Right.

That is what it would take to equal Wide Right.

700629[/snapback]

Wide Right was just bad luck. 'No goal', 'Just give it to him', the goal in Philly that went *through* the netting, and the official getting in the way of Andre Reed in Miami all were Buffalo getting the shaft by the refs. So, there's more history of getting screwed than just bad luck at the worst possible time.

That said, I'm still positive and confident about Game 7. The Sabres have been coming from behind all year long and playing like a team should play - together. I have every reason to believe they can win tomorrow night.

Well...There's this saying...The sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then...Well how about a Buffalo's ass....We deserve one. Why not this year!!!.....Go The Sabres!!!! Prove the doubters wrong 4 once dammit!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hoping for the best  :lol: . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :D

700596[/snapback]

Are you this big of a kitty in real life, or is it just your online personality?

Are you this big of a kitty in real life, or is it just your online personality?

700658[/snapback]

Is there a website where I can order a #1 LABillzFan shirt because that was the perfect post

700613[/snapback]

I'm not one to sit here and get on someone for being overly negative (as I have done in the past)...but they are coming off a BIG win at home in Game 6...can we save this reaction at LEAST after a loss???

Have some faith already!

SABRES IN 7!!!!

Don't prod the bear :lol:

700668[/snapback]

In all seriousness, how much of a pathetic kitty do you have to be to announce that you've earned the right to be a pathetic kitty because you're a Buffalo sports fan.

I guess some people just need misery in their lives.

Hoping for the best  :D . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :)

700596[/snapback]

Buffalo will win this game. And we don't need fans like you (little bitches)... Let's just say by some chance Carolina wins, what is there to be ashamed or upset about? Buffalo was picked to finish no better than 24th this year so why not be proud of what we've accomplished so far and cheer like no other on Thursday night with confidence instead of dread. Damn dude, it must be hard on the knees to jump on and off the bandwagon so much. :lol: